TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

Just now, Richie95 said:

So would Jack White headline the Friday 6th July or do 'The 1975 slot' on Sunday 1st July with a band like the Arctic Monkeys headlining? 

I dunno if he’ll settle for the ‘special guests’ tag but that’s just based on conjecture at the moment. I don’t think he’ll headline either though.

Would say best bet is that he returns to Scotland in autumn with other UK dates.

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I dunno if he’ll settle for the ‘special guests’ tag but that’s just based on conjecture at the moment. I don’t think he’ll headline either though.

Would say best bet is that he returns to Scotland in autumn with other UK dates.

Might have to cycle on back on this. Seems he might be subbing Pearl Jam at NOS Alive. Or if he's got headline billing on the same day as Pearl Jam then his agent is some sort of Jedi

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

When are people expecting the next announcement, imminent? and who do people think its going to be?

Supposedly there’s gonna be another announcement sometime next week, I’m expecting Muse to be announced maybe with royal blood as sub

Just now, IsaacMuse said:

Supposedly there’s gonna be another announcement sometime next week, I’m expecting Muse to be announced maybe with royal blood as sub

Don't think Muse would play but would love them to be, I think it will be AM and Snow Patrol, someone who is smaller but has the songs to headline.

25 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Would they give Snow Patrol a strong sub given they're not exactly the biggest headliner? Could see Jack White playing under them if it is indeed Snow Patrol.

Maybe on the strong sub but I don't see Jack White being an appropriate one that'd drag people along to a Snow Patrol gig. Someone like Elbow or Bastille would make more sense - not sure how strong they'd be but they both seem to shift numbers well enough in Scotland.

18 minutes ago, IsaacMuse said:

I don’t think we should be going off of other festivals, TRNSMT already have a pretty different lineup than most

I don't know what else there is that we can go off.

45 minutes ago, IsaacMuse said:

I don’t think we should be going off of other festivals, TRNSMT already have a pretty different lineup than most

Trying to find an excuse Muse will play, I do not blame you there great but unfortunately its not that different. AM and Snow Patrol are strongly rumoured, Muse is very doubtful.

18 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Are Bastille still about next summer? Think that'd be two summers they've been doing the new album. I wouldn't mind Elbow being a sub. I enjoyed them the last time they played that spot at T.

They're doing those 'Re-Orchastrated' shows in April aren't they? They've supposedly got a new album coming too so I think they're definitely around.

4 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Would they give Snow Patrol a strong sub given they're not exactly the biggest headliner? Could see Jack White playing under them if it is indeed Snow Patrol.

I would think they would need to have a strong sub. They had a small crowd last time they headlined T and I don't think them announcing a comeback would generate a lot of hype.

Was speaking to a friend of Kyle Falconer and apparently Kyle has been told not to play venues in Glasgow and Edinburgh as he is pencilled in for TRNSMT. I'm not sure if others acts are told they can't play in Glasgow/Edinburgh if they are booked for TRNSNT - I did notice the only Scottish date The Wombats have on their tour is Aberdeen. However, I thought The Vaccines would be certs to play but they have a gig at the Academy in April which hasn't sold out yet I don't think...

1 hour ago, extrough said:

I think Snow Patrol with a strong sub is most likely. Bastille sounds good. Does anyone who went last year know if they allow cigarettes and lighters in? I know their website right now has a mad list of security measures, so wasn't sure about a lighter

Yes, cigs and lighters are allowed. Also they won't check your bag so hard so they can find a lighter)