TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

36 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

With Snow Patrol about, I'm thinking not.

Would it be a bad prediction to say that, if it were to be another big headliner, it'd be Eminem?

I can't imagine they could afford him. He charges a LOT, and they sure ain't paying that kind of money for the other so-far announced headliners.

On 13/01/2018 at 12:14 PM, dentalplan said:

Huh this actually seems like a legit leak from a place that would know, unlike all the other Arctic Monkeys things over the months. I know TRNSMT has been long rumoured but I suppose Wembley or Olympic Stadium comes into the frame now.

This is a site which just posts Sponsored ads on Facebook naming random bands that might be touring soon, suggesting you sign up to their mailing list so they can tell you when tickets go on sale.

As well as the Arctic Monkeys one (pretty obvious that they’ll be touring in the near future), I’ve seen that same page advertise upcoming dates by Madonna, Kylie Minogue and Jack White, all bands who haven’t toured for a few years and are bound to be hitting the circuit soon.

I wouldn’t read too much into it.

1 minute ago, Stuart1000 said:

This is a site which just posts Sponsored ads on Facebook naming random bands that might be touring soon, suggesting you sign up to their mailing list so they can tell you when tickets go on sale.

As well as the Arctic Monkeys one (pretty obvious that they’ll be touring in the near future), I’ve seen that same page advertise upcoming dates by Madonna, Kylie Minogue and Jack White, all bands who haven’t toured for a few years and are bound to be hitting the circuit soon.

I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Yep I thought at first it was a secondary ticket site like Viagogo or GetMeIn or something, someone that might have links to the business. I'm sufficiently ashamed now at falling for it.

On a side note, are you any relation to @Steve1000? :lol:

On 13/01/2018 at 10:48 PM, Mattymooz said:

Could see it being Muse instead of Arctic Monkeys tho... If they doing Firefly mid June then they gotta get back over to the UK for start of July.... definitely not impossible but still

How long do you think a flight from England to America is? :lol:

anyone have any idea when they are expected to put us out our misery and announce something?

I see Jack White has been rumoured for the Sunday with AM, I can get behind that... just hope to god its not Snow Patrol, im doing the payment plan on the tickets just now and that would seriously make me consider taking a loss on the first payment and just heading to another festival

4 minutes ago, Lucius Cashmere said:

I hope so, they're dragging it out a bit now like

am I right in saying they don't usually announce all the smaller acts/other stages until closer to the time?

the more the announcements they do, the more publicity they hope to get from it (tho if they do too many, it works the other way).

Jack Whites announced some European dates...

June 27: London, UK – Hammersmith Apollo
June 28: London, UK – Hammersmith Apollo
July 2: AFAS Live – Amsterdam, NL
July 3: L’Olympia – Paris. FR

wouldn't be too hard to squeeze Glasgow into that

Edited by Lucius Cashmere