TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

Having Muse and Arctic Monkeys as the final 2 would be pretty good imo.

Would make sense if they'd originally planned the 3 days as Muse/Arctic Monkeys/Killers (a very solid trio of headliners it must be said, maybe not the most mindblowing/innovative, but solid ticket sellers), with Stereophonics and Liam Gallagher as subs before having to bump those two up with the shift in dates.

1 hour ago, harryomatic said:

Having Muse and Arctic Monkeys as the final 2 would be pretty good imo.

Would make sense if they'd originally planned the 3 days as Muse/Arctic Monkeys/Killers (a very solid trio of headliners it must be said, maybe not the most mindblowing/innovative, but solid ticket sellers), with Stereophonics and Liam Gallagher as subs before having to bump those two up with the shift in dates.

I thought of Muse the other day believe that would be solid. My favourite band AM. I would love them too but I really don't know whether we are clutching at straws. I feel they will do RandL if any in my opinion and would love them to do TRNSMT and feel they could but with no information who knows?

I feel another announcement is either today or next Wednesday and will be someone big. Needs to be to warrant the 3 or 5 day price and to shift day tickets. AM, Muse, Foos, Snow Patrol are notably the ones I feel will be the acts two are chosen from. We wait to see. I hope to God AM are there. Finally. After so long. 

If you had to choose the who would it be?

I think at the moment Muse and Snow Patrol personally but could easily have AM there and that would be preferable.

13 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I thought of Muse the other day believe that would be solid. My favourite band AM. I would love them too but I really don't know whether we are clutching at straws. I feel they will do RandL if any in my opinion and would love them to do TRNSMT and feel they could but with no information who knows?

I feel another announcement is either today or next Wednesday and will be someone big. Needs to be to warrant the 3 or 5 day price and to shift day tickets. AM, Muse, Foos, Snow Patrol are notably the ones I feel will be the acts two are chosen from. We wait to see. I hope to God AM are there. Finally. After so long. 

If you had to choose the who would it be?

I think at the moment Muse and Snow Patrol personally but could easily have AM there and that would be preferable.

I don't think we'll get AM announced any time soon. They'll want to announce their album etc first to build hype before festival announcements. But if Neil's got them down as a SR, then I have solid belief they'll appear at TRNSMT this year.

If we get another announcement before Xmas to boost ticket sales, then it'll have to be pretty damn soon. Most people will have bought presents for people already. Hopefully a bigger act like Muse or Foo Fighters is announced, both of whom would make me very happy.

I would take any 2 of the three from AM, Foos and Muse. Probably Foos and AM would be best for me. 

11 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

If we get another announcement before Xmas to boost ticket sales, then it'll have to be pretty damn soon.

I think it's very unlikely they'll be a headliner announcement until after the new year.

There might, just perhaps, be a few smaller bands added to one (or more) of the announced days, tho i think that's unlikely too. 

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think it's very unlikely they'll be a headliner announcement until after the new year.

There might, just perhaps, be a few smaller bands added to one (or more) of the announced days, tho i think that's unlikely too. 

Do you think a few smaller acts on the days already announced will make a big difference to the ticket sales? You would think that another headliner would be more beneficial in boosting 5 day/1st weekend ticket sales.

46 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Do you think a few smaller acts on the days already announced will make a big difference to the ticket sales? You would think that another headliner would be more beneficial in boosting 5 day/1st weekend ticket sales.

is just before xmas the best time to get people parting with lots of money for tickets?

I think that would be the main consideration, and they'd get better sales by announcing early in the new year when people have been paid again.

But hey, what do I know? There's several smaller fests announced bands today so some people definitely aren't working it how i'm thinking.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

is just before xmas the best time to get people parting with lots of money for tickets?

I think that would be the main consideration, and they'd get better sales by announcing early in the new year when people have been paid again.

But hey, what do I know? There's several smaller fests announced bands today so some people definitely aren't working it how i'm thinking.

Could capitalise on parents getting presents for their kids. Then again, you're probably right that once folk have been paid / they've got money from relatives, there's probably a larger spectrum of people looking to spend.

Sunday 1st July is the big one. The question is will it be foo fighters or arctic monkeys . I think there's still an almost definite chance of foos because of their tour dates and not announcing any Scottish dates and there's not even any guarantee that arctics will even play any shows next year . The Friday 6th headliner will be much smaller i think .

5 hours ago, R Shah said:

Sunday 1st July is the big one. The question is will it be foo fighters or arctic monkeys . I think there's still an almost definite chance of foos because of their tour dates and not announcing any Scottish dates and there's not even any guarantee that arctics will even play any shows next year . The Friday 6th headliner will be much smaller i think .

Foos will be back in August for R&L so will probably play Summer Sessions with Arctic Monkeys being the biggest TRNSMT headliner.

13 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Foos will be back in August for R&L so will probably play Summer Sessions with Arctic Monkeys being the biggest TRNSMT headliner.

Foos are playing London stadium on 23rd June and then their next tour date is in Philadelphia on 7th July so that's why I think there's a chance considering they didn't announce any Scottish dates. But you're definitely right in that they'll play r+l. They would not leave August without any tour dates unless they were playing their beloved r+L.

Edited by R Shah

1 hour ago, harryomatic said:

I went to Idlewild last night at the O2 ABC. They had people handing out flyers for TRNSMT, but only for the Stereophonics and Liam Gallagher days, not a Killers one in sight. Could be an indication that ticket sales for those days are flagging behind The Killers?

The Killers often out sell most bands in the UK. Always seems high demand for them. One of the few acts to sell out BST Hyde Park. Tour sells out quickly

Who does everyone predict then as the last major headliner? My AM hope gets extinguished every time and logically there is no evidence for anything next year side from a potential album. Foo Fighters I doubt will do RandL and TRNSMT and the general consensus is FF are 99% nailed on for it. What does everyone think since I do feel a disappointment because of the reasoning of big predicted bands. 

35 minutes ago, Shootenanny! said:

Just seen that both Liam and Noel Gallagher are playing the same festival in Italy on different days so I wouldn't completely rule out Noel from playing TRNSMT too.

Interesting, thanks. Maybe what i thought is cock. 

Then again, I could see one of the brothers winding the other up saying (say) "I sold twice as many tickets in manchester/london/glasgow as you did" but I can't really see them doing the same about anywhere that isn't the UK (except perhaps America).

I guess it'll become clear as dates get announced.

On 12/20/2017 at 9:49 AM, harryomatic said:

I went to Idlewild last night at the O2 ABC. They had people handing out flyers for TRNSMT, but only for the Stereophonics and Liam Gallagher days, not a Killers one in sight. Could be an indication that ticket sales for those days are flagging behind The Killers?

Was at King Tuts last night for Pronto Mama and seen flyers as I was leaving for The Killers day, maybe targeting set audiences?  

I'm actually finiding it hard to picture Arctic Monkeys anywhere next year, I think they will take it slow, the obvious major tour around the UK and possible Reading/Leeds. 

I think we could see a shared headliner with Mad Cool (the great 2018 festival the following week in Madrid), and I think Jack White could be an interesting fit for both.  I can't seen Pearl Jam, Depeche Mode or Nine Inch Nails filling it, they don't fit. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/12/2017 at 5:05 PM, SoundsFromJack said:

I'm actually finiding it hard to picture Arctic Monkeys anywhere next year, I think they will take it slow, the obvious major tour around the UK and possible Reading/Leeds. 

I think we could see a shared headliner with Mad Cool (the great 2018 festival the following week in Madrid), and I think Jack White could be an interesting fit for both.  I can't seen Pearl Jam, Depeche Mode or Nine Inch Nails filling it, they don't fit. 

Surely it has to be foo fighters though because I know there's a 7 day gap between their show in London and Sunday 1st July but they can't do whole album tour and 2 years of festivals and miss out scotland , I reckon they're down for TRSNMT and R+L. Its been 6 and 7 years respectively since theyve played either of those (7 years since T in the Park not TRSNMT obviously) .Arctic monkeys will do both in 2019 I reckon then theyll do Glasto 50th anniversary 2020.

On 13/12/2017 at 9:40 PM, kingcrawler said:

Pretty much given up hope on QOTSA for this now. 

QOTSA have gigs on 29th and 30th June and they won't play 3 nights in a row so you're right, they're pretty much ruled out now.

Edited by R Shah