TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

On 07.12.2017 at 2:20 AM, mazza7 said:

I think it's around the 30,000 mark.

I think Radiohead sold out eventually and Kasabian sold out a couple of weeks before it. Not sure about Biffy's day

As I remember, it was 60.000 last year.

Actually Kasabian sold out a day or two before, Radiohead and Biffy Clyro tickets were still available on the day of the festival

Edited by aaalive

10 minutes ago, aaalive said:

Actually Sanow Patrol seem to be a hedliner even less then Stereophonics and I don't believe in this at all

I strongly believe that AM are in and gonna play 1.07 day. Guess we can predict Arcade Fire on 6.07 cause they have really many European dates this summer and no single UK show in there

In the eyes of the bookers of this festival. Snow Patrol are headliners. They headlined T in the Park on all of their last three albums, whereas Stereophonics haven't headlined T in the Park for a long time.

Arcade Fire are supposed to be back in North America in July, but other posters are right that there still being tickets available to their Glasgow show in April doesn't bode well for them playing either. You can count them out.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

I could possibly see Snow Patrol subheadline AM. AM are fairly massive so they could get away with it.

I think if anything they would be subbing a smaller headliner to make it worth £60 or however much, right? Arctic Monkeys day will sell out even if it’s the bloody Revs subbing. :P

17 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I see what you're saying but they wouldn't have Snow Patrol sub a smaller one surely.

I'd say they would, yeah. What's the point in getting a bumper sub if not to boost sales? Like this year the one who'd probably struggle the most for sales had the 'special guest' sub.

I think it's a moot point anyway really cos I can't see them relegating Snow Patrol whilst simultaneously boosting Stereophonics but let's say if any day had the a whopping undercard it'd be the one with a shaky headline choice.

29 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Apparently so, for NOS & MC

Only thing I've seen suggesting this is Neil telling me to hold on to that suggestion in the Mad Cool thread because I may get lucky (I just said it because I want it to happen), and have seen someone else suggest it in the NOS thread. I definitely wouldn't go as far as saying it's apparently what's happening.

25 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

See how Liam was supposed to be last year and ended up this year according to the Daily Record, is there a chance the same happened with The Cure? Their sources used to always be good, so maybe?

I don't believe they booked Liam Gallagher as a support this year and just held him over to headline the next. He just stuck around long enough I assume.

Anyway, The Cure wasn't a Daily Record shout - I think it was just talk from a forum from someone who said Radiohead were playing - but even then they're down as a European exclusive at BST so it's very much an outside option.

21 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Noel headlining would be the same as Arcade Fire. Not exactly setting the heather alight with his arena tour. So imagine expecting him to sell that many tickets.

Noel could sub if he's willing, but he ain't headlining.

Surely there's not that much difference between him, Liam and The Stereophonics popularity wise? I just think DF will have them both headline as a way to increase ticket sales