TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

On 06/12/2017 at 9:36 AM, eFestivals said:

funnily enough, Scotland had something put on the by organiser of APE.

It was called Rockness. It died a death due to lack of Scottish support.

Matey who put on events in Scotland headed south, to where there's an audience.

(in case you've missed it, Jim King is the guy in charge of APE).

Rockness died a death because they tried to turn themselves into the new TITP, not because of lack of Scottish support. The final year’s headliners were Basement Jaxx, Example and Plan B :wacko:

If they had stuck to their original booking philosophy the festival would still be going today IMO. 

22 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Rockness died a death because they tried to turn themselves into the new TITP, not because of lack of Scottish support. The final year’s headliners were Basement Jaxx, Example and Plan B :wacko:

If they had stuck to their original booking philosophy the festival would still be going today IMO. 

But why would they have made that change if they had healthy sales in the first place? :P

2 hours ago, ls2408 said:

Did anybody else buy them off the TRNSMT website? Thought it was a bit odd it was asking for a US state, and wouldn't let you proceed until you selected one..

Thought it felt very amateurish trying to buy tickets this morning. Had also never heard of the sub site directed to via ticketmaster. The link on the website at one point was a broken link directing to TRNST.co.uk

16 minutes ago, orangepaterson said:

Thought it felt very amateurish trying to buy tickets this morning. Had also never heard of the sub site directed to via ticketmaster. The link on the website at one point was a broken link directing to TRNST.co.uk

Was it Front Gate Tickets or something to that effect? I noticed that a week or two ago - seems strange for them to have yet another storefront for their business and it’ll be confusing for many but admittedly it looks and works better than the classic Ticketmaster design.

59 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

One things for sure scotland is crying out for a camping festival like rockness and with Titp not there if they get a proper site and bookings it could be massive.

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Was it Front Gate Tickets or something to that effect? I noticed that a week or two ago - seems strange for them to have yet another storefront for their business and it’ll be confusing for many but admittedly it looks and works better than the classic Ticketmaster design.

Apparently they're pushing it because it's 'tailored specifically for festivals' - which I guess, in part, is down to them eyeing up using all its built in cashless and RFID stuff as that's supposedly the future we want (lol). 

On 08/12/2017 at 12:42 PM, dentalplan said:

Frontgate are used by Coachella (or at least were when i went in 2016)

Who does everyone reckon the last two announcements will be? The rumour is another big one and another smaller one.

I think Foo Fighters will not do both (RandL) since its two months and don't think they will return to the UK twice in a month.

Saying that nor do I believe after a long time debating will AM be there due to not being ready as much as I would love it though both are possibilities.

Don't really know who to predict how about yourselves?

44 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

AMs. Am pretty sure they're one of the two.

That would make my year seeing them again finally for £59! 

Who knows, but one things for sure, one act is going to be big, hopefully we find out soon.

Snow Patrol would be so nostalgic with Chasing Cars and Crack the Shutters. Though wouldn't pay the day price. I believe if AM do that day is gone in the first few minutes no doubt. You would have to be quick. 

The disappointing start has made me doubt if their will but it needs to be better and a premium act to persuade myself to go and at the moment its looking like a day since I do not want to pay £155 for Stereophonics who I can see anytime, Liam Gallagher who is performing shows all over and isn't big enough to justify the travel to Glasgow and The Killers who I agree is worth the money but I can see them at the Macron Stadium. AM would be the 'UK exclusive' probably and would pay the £120 all together for that day to see the return. 

Its going to be an interesting few weeks to see who will. The only thing is I doubt TRNSMT would be the festival to announce their comeback and if there on the bill then I think personally it will be after some news they release. What a day that would be though and I hope to God that they return since a majority of fans have been waiting years to see them and people like me want to see them again, I haven't seen them since the 'Suck it and see' tour after I couldn't go to the AM tour.

Snow patrol and Artic Monkeys then? Tbf getting The Killers and Artic Monkeys as headliners is quality, but it would've looked a lot better as part of the original 3day fest and having a very strong undercard on all 3days. Is there now a chance a lot of the good undercard bookings get spread out over the extra days? 

3 of the 5 headliners being Liam Gallagher,  Steroephonics and maybe Snow Patrol seems a little bit weak. Don' t get me wrong I like all 3 and would happily see them live, but all should/could be strong subs. Would've liked an older band like Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pearl Jam or anything along those lines, similar to radiohead last year. 

24 minutes ago, Neontiger90 said:

Snow patrol and Artic Monkeys then? Tbf getting The Killers and Artic Monkeys as headliners is quality, but it would've looked a lot better as part of the original 3day fest and having a very strong undercard on all 3days. Is there now a chance a lot of the good undercard bookings get spread out over the extra days? 

3 of the 5 headliners being Liam Gallagher,  Steroephonics and maybe Snow Patrol seems a little bit weak. Don' t get me wrong I like all 3 and would happily see them live, but all should/could be strong subs. Would've liked an older band like Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pearl Jam or anything along those lines, similar to radiohead last year. 

Oh I've just realised that The Killers are Sunday and not Friday at TRNSMT. Snow Patrol are busy in Spain on Friday so unless they're 1st July (the date Arctic Monkeys are rumoured for) then they're out of the mix. Bound to be something more interesting then!

edit: ignore that. I've just realised I'm getting weekends mixed up again and Snow Patrol are free. Bloody hell.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, chickenfire said:

Arcade Fire back in Europe the week before TRNSMT. I can only dream! 

493ECF47-34F8-4FEB-BE3E-BC4F47FC1EAA.jpeg

I'll say it again, they are playing the Hydro in April and still haven't filled the second tier, they ain't getting booked for a 40,000 capacity gig a few miles away ten weeks later.

Actually Snow Patrol seem to be a hedliner even less then Stereophonics and I don't believe in this at all

I strongly believe that AM are in and gonna play 1.07 day. Guess we can predict Arcade Fire on 6.07 cause they have really many European dates this summer and no single UK show in there

Edited by aaalive