TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

42 minutes ago, tori1607 said:

Do you think there will be an option for 2 day tickets for the second weekend? 

I doubt it. Which is annoying as it will mean paying booking fees twice if there is a good line up on the Friday.

Does anyone think The Killers day could sell out before the new year? Their Hydro gig sold out in about 5 mins...

1 hour ago, mazza7 said:

I doubt it. Which is annoying as it will mean paying booking fees twice if there is a good line up on the Friday.

Does anyone think The Killers day could sell out before the new year? Their Hydro gig sold out in about 5 mins...

Not sure tbh. Maybe with having just toured, and with headlining IOW and playing a few other stadium gigs on top of this, it might be easier to get tickets? However when they headlined BST it was sold out in no time compared to all the other days.

Does anyone know the capacity of this festival per day? 

1 hour ago, mazza7 said:

That's a bit shit paying BF's twice if friday is good line-up. 

Yeah i reckon it'll sell out pretty quickly. Hydro sold out in a blink and i know that TRNSMT is a much bigger capacity but still think it'll sell out reasonably quick. They sold out Summer sessions the year they played. 

27 minutes ago, Neontiger90 said:

Does anyone know the capacity of this festival per day? 

Think it’s 50,000.

Tickets went pretty slow last time. Radiohead on Friday didn’t sell out. Can’t remember about the other days but seem to remember tickets being available in the weeks before ?

48 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Think it’s 50,000.

Tickets went pretty slow last time. Radiohead on Friday didn’t sell out. Can’t remember about the other days but seem to remember tickets being available in the weeks before ?

I think it's around the 30,000 mark.

I think Radiohead sold out eventually and Kasabian sold out a couple of weeks before it. Not sure about Biffy's day

2 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Think it’s 50,000.

Yeah I remember tickets being available for all the days last year up till a week or two before the festival, as my mates bought some late on. So maybe there won't be a real threat of it selling out anytime soon. From various press reports it seems like capacity is somewhere between 35k and 50k but can't find anything exact. 

12 hours ago, chickenfire said:

The transport options to Rockness weren’t the best and this is a major problem with Scottish festivitals in general (see T in the Park’s recent issues). 

yeah, i think scotland's population distribution cause it a bit of a problem for festies. Half the population is too remote to easily access them, while the other half has bands all year almost on their doorstep in the central belt so don't really need to do festies to see bands.

46 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

no great surprise I'm sure, but someone mailed me last night to say that they're pretty sure that Arctic Monkeys will be on Sunday 1st July.

Not sure whether that's really just an easy guess by someone or solid info, but that source does send me plenty of stuff that's right (tho also some that's wrong).

"I've been told the same as you've already read in this thread, but I'm not sure it's right as my source may have just read it on this thread and isn't always right anyway but sometimes they are right."

26 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

"I've been told the same as you've already read in this thread, but I'm not sure it's right as my source may have just read it on this thread and isn't always right anyway but sometimes they are right."

yeah, about that. :lol:

tho i don't think anyone has given a date for them yet, have they? (if they have, i missed it).

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, i think scotland's population distribution cause it a bit of a problem for festies. Half the population is too remote to easily access them, while the other half has bands all year almost on their doorstep in the central belt so don't really need to do festies to see bands.

True to a point. But Belladrum and Loopallu sell out every year and you don't get any more remote than that. Mind you Loopallu downsized in it's supposed last year but that was due to relocation issues. This remote Scottish person lives an hour from the Rockness site. Never went. Not because I didn't want to support it, but because it had an identity crisis and didn't know what crowd it was trying to attract. None of which were me :) When I go to the Maidstone festival I meet people I know from up here. There's lots of us prepared to travel a long way. I have 3 festival excursions South of the border next year so far. 4 if the Leeds line up is ok. If only a Scottish festival would cater for us :)

Arctic Monkeys do make a lot of sense. There are a few festivals around that time that have put tickets on sale without announcing a headliner for at least one of the days (TRNSMT, Rock Werchter, Mad Cool, NOS Alive, probably some more), so it seems like there's someone yet to announce their Summer plans who will slot into all of those. Also if the rumour about them doing Tramlines is correct they'll be up and running by then.

Could see it being similar to 2013 where they headlined Glasto before AM was released and showcased a couple of new tracks from it, with the album released later in the year and another round of festivals in 2019.

5 minutes ago, devilman said:

True to a point.

I wasn't pretending it was hard and fast. :)

It was more about how it differs for England, where the majority don't get top bands almost on their doorstep, but where the denser population has better roads for getting about, and a festie sited almost anywhere has a sizable population nearby.

Not because I didn't want to support it, but because it had an identity crisis and didn't know what crowd it was trying to attract. None of which were me :) 

Yeah, I agree with the identity crisis thing - but I think that was perhaps because it was trying to be all things to all people, because it couldn't get a sustainable audience &/or suitable niche acts to serve a niche.

When I go to the Maidstone festival I meet people I know from up here. There's lots of us prepared to travel a long way. I have 3 festival excursions South of the border next year so far. 4 if the Leeds line up is ok. If only a Scottish festival would cater for us :)

Oh, i know there's plenty of people who'll travel. 

But at the end of the day, Scotland is a smaller population than Yorkshire, with much of it remote (which is less the case for Yorkshire), and the other part well served with the biggest bands in the world (which Yorkshire is not on any comparable scale). 

So I reckon, on a base level, a festival with the same line-up would probably sell noticeably better in Yorkshire than it would Scotland.

Add in that a Scottish fest probably has higher costs for infrastructure (cos it's likely to have to travel a longer distance and for a longer time), and it's probably a much tougher job to make a festie in Scotland work.

I'm hoping that the second Friday has a good lineup. I'm planning on flying to Glasgow on the Thursday as its my Girlfriends Nans birthday on the Saturday. The house I'll be staying at is 45 minutes on the train away, however the last train is at 23:20, and I think it'll be a push to get out of the park to Glasgow Central. I'm thinking of hiring a car - where would the best place be able to park?

Either ncp next to St. Enoch or glasshouse, both had deals running last year n only 10 min walk from saltmarket entrance.

While I'm on (holiday just now)  capacity was 55k (50k tickets) last year,  Fri was 35k. Sat n sun just about sold out.

Dodgy on the piss on holiday...

5 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

I really am in disbelief that the Foo's appear to be out of the running for the Sunday. It just seemed too obvious to be a coincidence. 

Tbf there still would've been over a week between their Wembley date and that Sunday. I'm sure they won't miss Scotland out on this tour - it'll likely be a Glasgow Summer Sessions appearance if not some other park in August.