TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

Qotsa, Snow Patrol, The National, BRMC, Jesus & Mary Chain, Foals, New Order, Royal Blood, Interpol, Pixies. Few of them over the last 3 nights would be ideal and make the festival look better. heres hoping 

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Snow Patrol are still a thing?

They've been MIA for about five or six years. Be really curious to see where they land with this return - they were still considered a big live pull back with Fallen Empires and they were definitely dropping off then.

Run is one of the best "post-Britpop" songs out there, to use that genre terminology loosely. They had some grand old songs.

So Snow Patrol are absolute dead certs for TRNSMT then. I actually don't mind that. Really enjoyed them on their last visit to T.

Can't see it happening but Japandroids would be fucking outstanding. Future Islands and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club must be realistic shouts and I'd be happy with either.

18 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

They've been MIA for about five or six years. Be really curious to see where they land with this return - they were still considered a big live pull back with Fallen Empires and they were definitely dropping off then.

Run is one of the best "post-Britpop" songs out there, to use that genre terminology loosely. They had some grand old songs.

To be fair most of them are probably too busy ranking it in writing songs for acts like Ed Sheeran and Jake Bugg to focus on the band 

Edited by addicted2noise

2 hours ago, judyblue110 said:

Are Foo Fighters out of the running for this? Or are we just assuming that it's so terrible it's unlikely to be improved? 

Somewhere in between, they can still do the Sunday of the first weekend but if they were playing it would have made sense to have them earlier in the weekend to allow them to travel back to America earlier. 

5 hours ago, harryomatic said:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/17/171201g.shtml

I'm guessing we might get a few of these acts - all of them bar Two Door Cinema Club (UK exclusive) seem likely/able to fit the TRNSMT audience.

IIRC You Me at Six had said, at a gig before last year's festival, that they hadn't been asked to play any Scottish festivals. So it seems unlikely that DF would approach them this year.

The Vaccines seem likely though, I imagine they'll get announced once their Academy gig sells out 

26 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Somewhere in between, they can still do the Sunday of the first weekend but if they were playing it would have made sense to have them earlier in the weekend to allow them to travel back to America earlier. 

I think it would have made sense to announce them in order to actually sell some tickets!

56 minutes ago, mazza7 said:

IIRC You Me at Six had said, at a gig before last year's festival, that they hadn't been asked to play any Scottish festivals. So it seems unlikely that DF would approach them this year.

The Vaccines seem likely though, I imagine they'll get announced once their Academy gig sells out 

Aye they said that at their SECC gig. Never know though