TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

I dunno what Liam has done to merit being a festival headliner - Noel wasn’t headlining festivals while touring after his first album and, IMO, his album was much better.  

Was inevitable though after he announced his Finsbury Park gig. 

Think I’ll hold off before buying tickets this year.

37 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

My mate claims some guy at DF told him last week the headliners are Liam, The Killers, The Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys and Biffy Clyro (?). I seriously doubt that Biffy would headline two years running but he was right about Liam.  

Last week before they announced it’d be two weekends or after that?

2 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

My mate claims some guy at DF told him last week the headliners are Liam, The Killers, The Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys and Biffy Clyro (?). I seriously doubt that Biffy would headline two years running but he was right about Liam.  

Think that’s prob came from this made up line up that was shared on twitter last week...

296C8775-75B4-40D9-9ABC-D649CE1D8757.png

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

Would've thought that would rule Arctics out if that's the case? Unless they've got some album/single/homecoming show announcement coming this week surely TRNSMT wouldn't be the one to announce their comeback?

Yeah I agree with this, I think we’d have heard something by now if there was a chance of them releasing new music soon. 

Curious as to who, if anyone, gets announced today. QOTSA seem likely for today or tomorrow if they’re playing given their gig is tonight. 

23 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I agree with this, I think we’d have heard something by now if there was a chance of them releasing new music soon. 

Curious as to who, if anyone, gets announced today. QOTSA seem likely for today or tomorrow if they’re playing given their gig is tonight. 

The Killers and Foos should be fine to announce, no? Killers played the Hydro 3 days ago and Foos obviously have no Scottish date so far.

1 hour ago, harryomatic said:

I feel like that post was a wee joke about the orange order with a bonus "DF always book Biffy" joke in for good measure. 

Will keep an an ear out for any summer mentions at QOTSA tonight.

They’ll probably mention summer but it’ll be the recipe for a feel good hit to enjoy over that period...

I reckon they’ll be announced tomorrow. Maybe they’ll post a teaser image tonight but I guess it’s different when it’s the festival’s call.