TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

QOTSA have already said they aren't doing proper fests though, think it's way more likely we'll get Liam (who is at Finsbury on the Friday) and whoever the Community headliner is (which is on the Sunday at Finsbury)

Did they? Only thing I know is a Live Nation guy said they were doing their own outdoor shows and TRNSMT certainly can be described as that regardless of the TRNSMT banner. Also the word was that they did a small Edinburgh show instead of Glasgow arena for the exact purpose of a big outdoor show in Glasgow. TBC IMO.

Also the Community headliner will be too small to headline TRNSMT. I know you say it’s gonna grow but not at that sharp a rate.

They're playing plenty of proper festivals next summer - Northside, Mad Cool and NOS Alive. That said for some reason DF booking QOTSA as a festival headliner still seems a little odd to me for some reason, can't pin down why. Maybe makes more sense as a more of a standalone gig headliner, eg on the 2nd weekend.

Updating my wishlist.

FOO FIGHTERS LIAM GALLAGHER THE KILLERS   QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE ARCTIC MONKEYS
ROYAL BLOOD STEREOPHONICS BASTILLE   NINE INCH NAILS THE XX
HAIM THE COURTEENERS CHVRCHES   WOLF ALICE THE VACCINES
NOTHING BUT THIEVES FRANZ FERDINAND JACK GARRATT   THE HIVES MILES KANE
FATHERSON THE HORRORS DECLAN MCKENNA   THE AMAZONS HONEYBLOOD
THE XCERTS THE HUNNA FICKLE FRIENDS   VUKOVI LEWIS CAPALDI
  GERRY CINNAMON        

6 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

I need Foos to be on the Saturday or Sunday.....  Please adjust your wishlist accordingly to stop depressing me. Thanks.

haha my bad. Sadly neither Liam Gallagher or The Killers can do Friday 29th, so unless the Foos hang around until the 2nd weekend they'd have to do the Friday night in my prediction.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Did they? Only thing I know is a Live Nation guy said they were doing their own outdoor shows and TRNSMT certainly can be described as that regardless of the TRNSMT banner. Also the word was that they did a small Edinburgh show instead of Glasgow arena for the exact purpose of a big outdoor show in Glasgow. TBC IMO.

Also the Community headliner will be too small to headline TRNSMT. I know you say it’s gonna grow but not at that sharp a rate.

I'm just going off the fact that the same weekend as community has Liam and QOTSA headlining the same stage. I know it's not all the same event but you wouldnt have those 2 massive acts and then chuck someone pathetic like Bastille on the Sunday.

32 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I'm just going off the fact that the same weekend as community has Liam and QOTSA headlining the same stage. I know it's not all the same event but you wouldnt have those 2 massive acts and then chuck someone pathetic like Bastille on the Sunday.

Why not? You can’t have a weekend ticket to Finsbury Park, it’s just them making use of the venue and staging all in one weekend, so QOTSA and Liam Gallagher are not relevant to Community Festival. If it’s still £35 a ticket they’re not gonna get bands to headline whose gig prices are that much - I think Bastille would even be on the larger side for this.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Why not? You can’t have a weekend ticket to Finsbury Park, it’s just them making use of the venue and staging all in one weekend, so QOTSA and Liam Gallagher are not relevant to Community Festival. If it’s still £35 a ticket they’re not gonna get bands to headline whose gig prices are that much - I think Bastille would even be on the larger side for this.

Oh is it confirmed to be staying at that price? Yeah probs unlikely then. Assumed it would go up to like £50 but if its staying that low....

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Oh is it confirmed to be staying at that price? Yeah probs unlikely then. Assumed it would go up to like £50 but if its staying that low....

I dunno, I haven’t heard otherwise so I’d presume little to no change. Doesn’t seem necessary to expand Community when they managed to do well enough with a load of young indie bands first time out.

Prices are up on the website now too

£59.50 for one day
£155 for three days
£250 for five days

Three day ticket only covers the first weekend rather than allowing you to choose three from five which is a shame but makes their life much easier I guess

Edit: Presale is next Wednesday, hopefully one announcement per weekday until then

Edited by kingcrawler

250 quid for five days is a decent deal (basically a buy four get one free) though it of course relies on you being able to commit in terms of both time and initial outlay, and the whole lineup taking your fancy. Wonder how many of those they're expecting to shift? 

Edited by the wonderwhy