TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

2 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Not really they’ve been marching the same weekend for as long as most of us were born through the city centre and ending up at the green.

There was no chance they were going to move dates or location.

Should we really be giving groups like that the run of the city for the day still? Glasgow is supposed to be an open and progressive city, but that's not the message they're sending out when, in 2017, a music festival has to miss out a day to accommodate a sectarian march...

6 minutes ago, mazza7 said:

Should we really be giving groups like that the run of the city for the day still? Glasgow is supposed to be an open and progressive city, but that's not the message they're sending out when, in 2017, a music festival has to miss out a day to accommodate a sectarian march...

Hmm. It works the other way too: how would Glasgow be open and progressive if it refused events just because it didn't like the politics of the event?

But anyway, all nationalist twaddle is equally unprogressive. Tribal. Us, not them. Fake exceptionalism. Replacing solidarity for self-interest. Etc, etc, etc.

3 hours ago, mazza7 said:

They’ve every right to march than anyone mate.

Fact is there’s usually 5-8000 marchers from all parts of the uk and up to 50k watching on a good day.

It brings in £££ to the city centre always has so the council are quite happy.

BTW having spoke to my mate who is right into this he’s told me that next years glasgow walk is moving from Glasgow green to belauston park 100%.

Here’s my preds:

FRI 29 - Foos / Bastille / Wolf Alice

SAT 30 - Arctic Monkeys / Tame Impala / Dizzee Rascal

SUN 01 - Liam / Stereophonics / Courteeners

FRI 06 - Green Day / Fall Out Boy / Chvrches

SUN 08 - Flo & The Machine / The National / HAIM

Foos are basically guaranteed for that first weekend. Reckon the AM rumour will follow through and could see them being the ‘weekend headliner’. Could be Liam or Noel, but realistically I think Liam’s better fitted to the ‘lads’ day that DF will want. Obviously Green Day cancelled GSS show last year, so think they’ll make a return to Glasgow and could see them on the second weekend (hope to God not though). Personally I don’t think Flo would’ve been big enough to headline when it was just the 3 days, but I reckon the expansion could see them with a night, which DF could branch out as the ‘poppier’ day, and think they’d be a good act to finish the weekend. 

Let me know what you think. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

BTW having spoke to my mate who is right into this he’s told me that next years glasgow walk is moving from Glasgow green to belauston park 100%

wonder if that was a trade off on their end? That they get to assert "no one forces us to do anything" before they happily agree to do that thing anyway?

Just now, eFestivals said:

wonder if that was a trade off on their end? That they get to assert "no one forces us to do anything" before they happily agree to do that thing anyway?

Probabbly 

My opinion is that they wouldn’t just move you can bet they’ll be getting something out it.

They get hassle from the council for smaller marches all over glasgow throughout the year maybe that hassle will disappear.

FRI: Foo Fighters, Wolf Alice, Primal Scream, The Wombats, The Cribs, Honeyblood
SAT: Liam Gallagher, Stereophonics, The Vaccines, Jungle, Jake Bugg, Shed Seven, Gerry Cinnamon
SUN: Florence + the Machine, The National, Courteeners, Father John Misty, First Aid Kit, Sigrid, Lewis Capaldi

FRI: QOTSA, Royal Blood, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Warpaint, Slaves
SUN: The Killers, Chvrches, James Bay, Jack Garratt, Kodaline, The Horrors, Fickle Friends

Edited by kingcrawler

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI: Foo Fighters, Wolf Alice, Primal Scream, The Wombats, The Cribs, Honeyblood
SAT: Liam Gallagher, Stereophonics, The Vaccines, Jungle, Jake Bugg, Shed Seven, Gerry Cinnamon
SUN: Florence + the Machine, The National, Courteeners, Father John Misty, First Aid Kit, Sigrid, Lewis Capaldi

FRI: QOTSA, Royal Blood, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Warpaint, Slaves
SUN: The Killers, Chvrches, James Bay, Jack Garratt, Kodaline, The Horrors, Fickle Friends

Seems like a fair prediction. Courteeners look out of place between The National and Father John Misty tho.

I suppose Foos and Liam might be likely to carry some support acts over from their own shows around the time. Can see The Hives popping up if they end up being the support for the whole tour.

54 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Seems like a fair prediction. Courteeners look out of place between The National and Father John Misty tho.

I suppose Foos and Liam might be likely to carry some support acts over from their own shows around the time. Can see The Hives popping up if they end up being the support for the whole tour.

Yeah I agree, that was intentional though. I’m not sure Florence & the Machine are a big enough name to sell out a day so adding a strong support like Courteeners might sell some extra tickets to a slightly different crowd. Probably means I’m putting too much thought into this :lol: 

I did have The Hives in on Foo’s day at first actually, not too sure why I took them out. Seem a reasonable shout anyway.

Twin Atlantic are currently recording and mixing tracks aiming to get a track out in Spring. Third from top or headline second? I know they played this year but would be surprised if the booking agent would pass on them in Scotland fresh with new material 

Nothing from The Killers on any summer appearances. Closest was something along the lines of it's been four years or so since we were here last, we'll try and come back sooner next time.

Really good set though, excellent balance of the new songs and the hits. Interesting stage set up that made a for a fantastic show. Would be very happy to see them again at TRNSMT. Even better with a good supporting line up

The Killers
Bastille
Chvrches / Wolf Alice
Franz Ferdinand
The Horrors
The Amazons
Fatherson

11 minutes ago, harryomatic said:

Nothing from The Killers on any summer appearances. Closest was something along the lines of it's been four years or so since we were here last, we'll try and come back sooner next time.

Really good set though, excellent balance of the new songs and the hits. Interesting stage set up that made a for a fantastic show. Would be very happy to see them again at TRNSMT. Even better with a good supporting line up

The Killers
Bastille
Chvrches / Wolf Alice
Franz Ferdinand
The Horrors
The Amazons
Fatherson

And they've just been announced for Rock in Rio Lisbon at the end of June so I reckon they're a stick on for this now.

The crowd were shocking last night though. You’d have thought Somebody Told Me was a new album track by the way the crowd were acting. Seated sections were only up for a few songs during the whole show. Not a great atmosphere, even in the standing area where I was.

I’m a Killers fan but I’d probably give them a miss at TRNSMT.

24 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

The crowd were shocking last night though. You’d have thought Somebody Told Me was a new album track by the way the crowd were acting. Seated sections were only up for a few songs during the whole show. Not a great atmosphere, even in the standing area where I was.

I’m a Killers fan but I’d probably give them a miss at TRNSMT.

I thought it was a good atmosphere considering it seemed to be a slightly older crowd than I was expecting.