TRNSMT Festival 2018

Muppetmark

26 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Could Foals headline this?

something like Foals / Florence / Foos

I doubt Foals will be touring already; they just finished up the WWD tour and started working on the follow up.

Would think Foos are too big really. Should be doing Murrayfield or Hampden if they’re doing something like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Ideally:

The Prodigy/The Strokes co-headline/Morrissey sub

Arcade Fire/Pixies sub

QOTSA/New Order sub

Expect: 

Headliners (3 of): Noel Gallagher, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, Kings of Leon

Subs (3 of): Stereophonics, Liam Gallagher (doubt it if Noel headlines), Courteeners, Chvrches, The Vaccines, Wolf Alice, Imagine Dragons, Franz Ferdinand

Think Green Day are a possibility and that'd be excellent. The undercard will be made up of smaller Scottish/British bands, Kyle Falconer will play the Saturday mainstage at about 3pm and Gerry Cinnamon will probably open the Friday mainstage or something. 

7 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

No Scottish date on Foo Fighters stadium tour which must make them pretty likely for this now.

not sure about that. The dates don't really sync, and geographically-limited shows is what foos have done more recently in the UK.

I expected a stadiums announcement to take in more than they've announced, but I don't really expect more locations announced.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not sure about that. The dates don't really sync, and geographically-limited shows is what foos have done more recently in the UK.

I expected a stadiums announcement to take in more than they've announced, but I don't really expect more locations announced.

I’m expecting them to do quite a lot of European festivals too so not too difficult to pop back over for a night im Glasgow in the middle of that. As harryomatic says Summer Sessions before they do R&L is definitely an option too.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

They did jump from place to place quite a bit during their last European tour, but I can't imagine them coming back just for Trnsmt - it would only really work if they tied it in with a show in Belfast/Dublin. I don't think enough tickets were sold for murrayfield in 2015 for them to justify another stadium show in Scotland

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m expecting them to do quite a lot of European festivals too so not too difficult to pop back over for a night im Glasgow in the middle of that. As harryomatic says Summer Sessions before they do R&L is definitely an option too.

it's not impossible that they'd come back to the UK very shortly after the stadiums, but when any tour is being set-up that's the sort of thing they try to avoid doing. Why make the tour more difficult than it needs to be?

As there's only the three shows I think R/L might be possible, with a Scottish show at  similar time - tho i'd have expected these stadium shows to be done by LN if that was the case, and it seems to be that they're done by SJM.

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it's not impossible that they'd come back to the UK very shortly after the stadiums, but when any tour is being set-up that's the sort of thing they try to avoid doing. Why make the tour more difficult than it needs to be?

As there's only the three shows I think R/L might be possible, with a Scottish show at  similar time - tho i'd have expected these stadium shows to be done by LN if that was the case, and it seems to be that they're done by SJM.

SJM did the green day Emirates Stadium gig when they headlined R/L

Edited by Muppetmark

23 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Absolute Radio said that they're going to announce more venues.

26 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Absolute Radio said that they're going to announce more venues.

that'd be odd if they do.

More dates at the same venues makes sense, but new venues doesn't. 

cos why announce separately? Why piss off fans by making them buy tickets to particular places perhaps hundreds of miles away, only to later find they might have seen them down the road?

I can't think of any major act who's split-up location announcements for shows within the same run.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I can't think of any major act who's split-up location announcements for shows within the same run.

Last year Radioheads show at TRNSMT was announced about 3 months after their dates in Manchester were (which were also promoted by SJM). So that's roughly the same scenario as it'd be if the Foo Fighters played TRNSMT next year?

29 minutes ago, incident said:

Last year Radioheads show at TRNSMT was announced about 3 months after their dates in Manchester were (which were also promoted by SJM). So that's roughly the same scenario as it'd be if the Foo Fighters played TRNSMT next year?

ah, OK.

Tho it's perhaps slightly different because RH tend not to do the sort of hard touring that foos do, and are attached to this country. So them announcing shows at different times for different places in the same home territory isn't particularly odd, for them. It fits less with how I'm thinking the foos tend to do things.

16 hours ago, eFestivals said:

that'd be odd if they do.

More dates at the same venues makes sense, but new venues doesn't. 

cos why announce separately? Why piss off fans by making them buy tickets to particular places perhaps hundreds of miles away, only to later find they might have seen them down the road?

Not major but all time low announced a 1 off Hammersmith Apollo date to then announce a full academy tour 5 days later including another London date only a week from the Apollo date.  

23 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'd love Depeche Mode to do this if they do IOW. But their last Glasgow gig did nothing and they had to give away a shitload of tickets and they haven't been back since apart from the Barras one. There's no chance, is there?

I've no info, but I'd say there's a half-decent chance.  More than they'd have been a year ago, anyway.

DM haven't been big sellers in the UK for a long while - which is why they do few shows - but the interest in them has risen a little over the last year or so, and the 6music show they did at Barras earlier in the year might have changed attitudes with promoters &/or the band for more Scottish gigs.

Depeche Mode would be a great Friday night headliner, supported by Florence or someone like that.  They were great in the Hydro a couple of years back, use a lot of pyro at outside gigs so stage show can be good.  Just checked and it was Nov. 2013 - did not think that long ago!!, can still remember the fire jets for last song as was only a meter away when they went off (during the test earlier in the day they actually hit the inside of the roof, only running at 25% power as well).

Will it happen - who knows.... not a lot of info about this out there yet.  Only thing i really want is better weather, less rain/wind would have changed the whole weekend :)

ta, D