Your favourite bar at Glastonbury?

ClovenFin

Love them all to be honest but:

Avalon  Inn - Relaxed and just an all round good vibe. The structure blows my mind every year.

Ridge and Furrow - Decent music. Great outside space with benches for a chill / chat.

Ciderbus - Great meeting point pre and post headliner. Perfect for a hot & spicy as darkness falls and a bit of warmth is required.

Brothers Bar - Don't frequent as much as we once did but it's great to sit here when the sun is shining on weds / thurs. Quite simply a huge beer *cider* garden! 

Spike Bar - Always has some decent tunes and can be a welcome respite from the sun (or the rain!)

I love these kinds of threads as always find something new! Didn't know there was a bar in Green Crafts, for example, and have never been to the one with the Arcadia viewing platform (I've not really been to Arcadia in its current location, mind).

For me it'd probably be the Avalon Inn as well. It's just a lovely place all round. I used to love Brothers Bar, but my tastebuds are starting to reject the super-sweet stuff these days. Cider Bus is obviously always worth a visit, most days, and I really feel at home when I'm there. Have to give a shout out to Spike too - not an amazing booze selection as just a couple of cocktails, but such a wonderful setting. Had one of my favourite nights of the festival at Steve Davis there last year :)

Another mention for the Spike here too, lovely atmosphere & music, pretty sure I missed a ‘must see’ back in 2016 because I couldn’t imagine anything being better than my current mood sat in the Spike.Plus it was dry.

Was also nice to see it was still in place on a visit to the site last October too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Any shout-out's for bars stocking IPA's? Will be my first time back since 2016 and have since made this somewhat awesome discovery. I wish I'd discovered them sooner, won't go back to just 'normal' beer now!

The Cornish Arms usually has Proper Job, or for your American take on the style there's a place in the Theatre field that does a few different Brooklyn ones. Unconfirmed reports that Tricketts at the top of the Park has some. And of course the real ale place by the Acoustic.

On 8/29/2018 at 2:42 PM, JoeyT said:

Spike Bar - Always has some decent tunes and can be a welcome respite from the sun (or the rain!)

Went in there to see Just a Couple of Mums who were very entertaining and found a welcome respite from the rain at the same time.  It felt like a happy little sanctuary.

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Went in there to see Just a Couple of Mums who were very entertaining and found a welcome respite from the rain at the same time.  It felt like a happy little sanctuary.

I wanted to see Just a Couple of Mums there but got the timing wrong.  I stumbled across a great set of Motown and other soul music one year though - brilliant atmosphere.

I also really like chilling with a beer at Srummerville round the fire on a sofa.

And another vote for Avalon Inn though it's not as good as other places for striking up conversations with others if you're on your own.

Was pleased to find the Masons Arms.

And Tricketts early on to take in the view. ( I am right that that's the one above the Park isn't it?)

In fact, I don't think I've really found a bar I don't like yet!

• Upvote 1

On 7/16/2017 at 3:44 PM, parsonjack said:

Masons Arms in Green Crafts....couple of good ales, sofas, mirror ball, decks....they were out of beer but pouring £2.50 double G&T's late Sunday night simply cos the guys didn't want to carry it home :P

I need to remember this place in 2019 ?