Your favourite bar at Glastonbury?

ClovenFin

The cider bus for me .... its my traditional spot for meeting my brother for my birthday pint ... I sometimes only see him 2 or 3 times a year and one of those is always the cider bus ... so some sentiment sways it for me... the tradition stretches back to 2002 I've also met several  cousins here over the years 

13 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Reluctant to whittle it down to just one:

1. Avalon Inn: Was impressed they have free, and plentiful,  phone charge points in the place

2. Brothers Bar: Our traditional meeting point on Wednesday lunchtime

3. the Bimble Inn: Good beer, good music

Couldn't really agree more! Always love the Avalon Inn, always a great welcome and lovely bar staff. Brothers Bar is for the breakfast Brothers pint and meeting lots of mates, and Bimble Inn is always great with cheap-ish beer and lovely people (and my band got to play there this year on Sunday!)

6 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

Am I missing something with the Brothers Bar? You all mean the one at West Holts, where it's just a stall selling cider right? Or is there an actual bar somewhere?

That's the one! Although I'd question whether it's really 'just a stall selling cider', even though that's technically true (except it's perry, not cider)! I don't think there's ever been another one at Glasto other than that one.

It does get quite a party atmosphere going when there aren't bands on WH stage, with some very loud PA attached to the stall.

• Upvote 1

It’s not a bar that I frequent regularly, but I’ve got to mention the Thursday night we had at the White Rabbit this year. Having found every tent with a decent act absolutely full to the brim (or at least with too much crowd crust to battle with), and with the bars we were drinking in having little in the way of a decent atmosphere, our night had seemed to have petered out and we were ready to make our way back to our tents. Luckily for us we passed the White Rabbit en route, and turned what appeared to be a fairly low key night into a memorable one. The dj just couldn’t put a foot wrong and we were gutted at 3am when it was kicking out time. Briliant.

Have to agree with the shout outs for the Avalon Inn and the Ciderbus - the former for its chill vibe/nice deco and the latter for its location and its hot spicy variety. 

Did anyone find the Piano bar this year? Much to my annoyance, I was taken on a wild goose chase round the southernmost parts of the site. Might have been worth it had we found it, but I suspect its just urban legend.....

7 minutes ago, ClovenFin said:

Did anyone find the Piano bar this year? Much to my annoyance, I was taken on a wild goose chase round the southernmost parts of the site. Might have been worth it had we found it, but I suspect its just urban legend.....

It definitely was in Dragon Field last few years, but didn't look for it this year and so far haven't heard any confirmed sightings of it

38 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

The Craft Tavern (I think it was called) in the Theatre field as it was selling Brooklyn beer. The appropriately named (for this year) Scorcher IPA was great.

Also sold Grimbergen blonde. Never heard of it before but the best pint I've ever had at a festival

10 minutes ago, ClovenFin said:

Have to agree with the shout outs for the Avalon Inn and the Ciderbus - the former for its chill vibe/nice deco and the latter for its location and its hot spicy variety. 

Found the Piano Bar at 6am on (I think) Saturday morning. It was up behind the Stone Circle near the fence. Glad to have found it, but it wasn't anything amazing. Just a couple of little rooms and some (talented) guys with acoustic guitars - nice and all, but not a party atmosphere by any stretch of the imagination if that's what you're thinking.

• Upvote 1