can you drive off site?

bishbash1

Hi, its my 1st ever festival at the age of 44! Im wondering once you park up and site your tent is it possible to drive off site the following day. I have okeyd a pass out but didnt know if that was just a walking one.  My mates got a van on Lowther holiday park down the road and I was hoping to nip there to 'Freshen up' ...... I did say it was my 1st festival!! Otherwise does anyone know if its possible to walk to Lowther park. Any tips would really be appreciated. Thanks. 

I hope it's not that far cos in staying at lowther caravan park and I'm walking in and out daily, was told there's a path through the woods. Heading back at midnight or so could be hair raising !

You can drive out, you might be lucky and find a much better spot when you drive back in 

I'm not sure about driving out.  

The caravan park is realistically three miles from the arena and is a hard walk, even more so when you're full!  About two and a half miles of this walk will be in pitch black dark with no houses, street lighting or civilisation anywhere near.

Taxi would be 5 miles, and i'd imagine that would cost a horrific amount as i'm sure prices would be hiked from the already extortionate amount in the area.

I'd say if you're desperate to have a proper freshen up, the cost of using the shower would outweigh any other option, and go freshen up there after KC :)

1 minute ago, Lowther Calling said:

I'm not sure about driving out.  

The caravan park is realistically three miles from the arena and is a hard walk, even more so when you're full!  About two and a half miles of this walk will be in pitch black dark with no houses, street lighting or civilisation anywhere near.

Taxi would be 5 miles, and i'd imagine that would cost a horrific amount as i'm sure prices would be hiked from the already extortionate amount in the area.

I'd say if you're desperate to have a proper freshen up, the cost of using the shower would outweigh any other option, and go freshen up there after KC :)

I was at the caravan park last year with someone walking in daily which is where I got the idea cos the family weren't that bothered about coming this year and staying their with them seemed a decent compromise, hopefully It ain't 3 miles lol ! 

If it is I best only get semi pissed or I'm gonna end up wandering about the forest all night 

2 hours ago, ramragon said:

I was at the caravan park last year with someone walking in daily which is where I got the idea cos the family weren't that bothered about coming this year and staying their with them seemed a decent compromise, hopefully It ain't 3 miles lol ! 

If it is I best only get semi pissed or I'm gonna end up wandering about the forest all night 

Ha ha ! Like the sound of getting you smashed here and listening to the tales of your disappearance for the rest of the weekend on here the week after ! LOL could be even better than the late night Sunday a few years ago and spewing in a bag on the way home next day ha ha !

19 minutes ago, ramragon said:

Not sure what it laughing for mate, if it's that far you'll find me kipping in one of your summerhouses or the porch in your tent !

Mate you can have my bed and sleeping bag if your that bad as long as I can drive you back to lowther caravan in the morning and drop you off in front of ya family ha ha ! Gold ! 

15 hours ago, bishbash1 said:

Hi, its my 1st ever festival at the age of 44! Im wondering once you park up and site your tent is it possible to drive off site the following day. I have okeyd a pass out but didnt know if that was just a walking one.  My mates got a van on Lowther holiday park down the road and I was hoping to nip there to 'Freshen up' ...... I did say it was my 1st festival!! Otherwise does anyone know if its possible to walk to Lowther park. Any tips would really be appreciated. Thanks. 

I drove off site last year to pick my daughter up for the sunday. you just have to arrange with the pass out.

and i brought KFC back!!!!

Hi, Can anyone help, this is our first time at Kendal Calling. We have tickets for the weekend with Camping, but have since bought a Caravan and don't want to sleep under canvas, we are looking at booking a campsite a few miles from the Festival and driving every morning back to the Festival;

(1) Is this possible ?

(2) Will I be allowed to park back on site every day or will I have to find a place to dump my car ?

Thanks for any advice.  

3 hours ago, RobertH said:

Hi, Can anyone help, this is our first time at Kendal Calling. We have tickets for the weekend with Camping, but have since bought a Caravan and don't want to sleep under canvas, we are looking at booking a campsite a few miles from the Festival and driving every morning back to the Festival;

(1) Is this possible ?

(2) Will I be allowed to park back on site every day or will I have to find a place to dump my car ?

Thanks for any advice.  

As long as you have a car parking pass you should be able to get on to the site, people drive off and on every day. Don't think you're supposed to but it doesn't stop people ! You will have to remember where you put the car though lol

Try this caravan park which is on the same land,

http://www.lowther-holidaypark.co.uk/

It's the turn off about a mile from the festival site, decent facilities and site and not too expensive. I'm doing the same thing but gonna wander in rather than drive, although I've been reliably informed it's about a 3 mile walk ! 

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 10:34 AM, Dolly77 said:

Hi can you let me know how the walk from Lowther Holiday Park to festival was? Any tips or advice greatly appreciated! Cheers