Boomtown?

Neville Street

Hi

Sorry to spam the chat area, but it is well populated and I have seen Boomtown mentioned by lots of us!

Following a great Glastonbury my wife has promised my daughter a Boomtown ticket for her 20th Birthday on 8th August and of course it's sold out.  The scalpers want silly money, nothing on Scarlet Mist, anyone by any chance not able to go and willing to do a face value transaction?  Meet in person somewhere, Cornwall - long shot, or relatives in Bristol/London?

Cheers, NS

Would she be up for helping some charity action? 

HIOWAA are still looking for a few volunteers for our efforts there - free ticket, secure campsite with showers and other perks for 3x 8 hr shifts? Plus a lovely team who look out for each other and provide an instant friend group for newbies

• Upvote 1

I will ask her, she's done stewarding at EoTR before. She does like to party at Boomtown though!!  Thanks for the reply, I will check and get back to you.

What is the shift work?  Is it on your stand, or is it stewarding or helping out in the medical facility?

Edited by Neville Street

it doesn't usually sell out so early, I don't think they are that well equip for this situation in terms of ticket resales, lots of people being ripped off with fake tickets so might be worth accepting it wont happen this year and getting in early for next year.

• Upvote 1

I think Boomtown will be a very early sell out next year, if not a Glastonbury type 'on the day' sell out. It's going to be a very popular choice for the fallow year! 

• Upvote 1

On 7/10/2017 at 4:02 PM, Davet84 said:

I don't think they are that well equip for this situation in terms of ticket resales, lots of people being ripped off with fake tickets

https://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/tickets/resale-boomtown-2017-waiting-list/10044280

• Upvote 2

i nearly got one on Scarlet Mist the other day but the guy wanted £300 for £212 worth of tickets, including fees. I reported him and they banned him.

i also had a Gumtree lead that looked good but turned out to be a scam. He wanted to meet at a railway station, then when I asked for a phone number he gave a made up number and marked it as sold so I couldn't contact him. I've reported him to Gumtree.

she will get there somehow! :)

Any experience using that FB group or groups like it? People appear to be selling but their profile looks basically unused, but set up years ago so maybe they are just not a Facebook person (like me!), but use it when they need to? Or is it yet another way of scamming people?

Cheers for tips/guidance,

NS

11 hours ago, Neville Street said:

Any experience using that FB group or groups like it? People appear to be selling but their profile looks basically unused, but set up years ago so maybe they are just not a Facebook person (like me!), but use it when they need to? Or is it yet another way of scamming people?

Cheers for tips/guidance,

NS

No I've never bought a ticket on there, but the process is essentially the same as buying from other classified sites. Basically, try to complete any transaction face to face and if you've any doubts walk away.

• Upvote 1

My mate and I's girlfriends were looking to buy through Facebook groups etc, but on further inspection the profiles had already been flagged up on the Boomtown page as being from scammers. Luckily they've got tickets in the resale queue but I would be very wary of buying from any individual online, regardless of whether they are 'active' on Facebook or not.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

Go on twickets and set up an alert. 2 tickets became available last night but have since been sold. If you set up an alert they'll notify you if anymore come up. Just grab them quick when the notification comes through. 

Thanks, I have an alert set up. I didn't check my email for 25 mins and missed those two.  Thanks for the tip off though, I remain reasonably confident....

Cheers, NS

3 hours ago, Neville Street said:

Thanks, I have an alert set up. I didn't check my email for 25 mins and missed those two.  Thanks for the tip off though, I remain reasonably confident....

Cheers, NS

Turn your email notifications on to refresh every minute. It'll go through your battery at a rapid rate, but needs must. Good luck. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/07/2017 at 1:49 PM, Neville Street said:

Hi

Sorry to spam the chat area, but it is well populated and I have seen Boomtown mentioned by lots of us!

Following a great Glastonbury my wife has promised my daughter a Boomtown ticket for her 20th Birthday on 8th August and of course it's sold out.  The scalpers want silly money, nothing on Scarlet Mist, anyone by any chance not able to go and willing to do a face value transaction?  Meet in person somewhere, Cornwall - long shot, or relatives in Bristol/London?

Cheers, NS

DM'd you with a link for one :)

Take wellies it's going to be a muddy lol

My brother has got a rig in there and he told me it's muddy now so by the time you all get walking on it it'll be just like Glastonbury lol.. Take care all you boomtowners.. 

If you see the yellow Bedford cf ice cream Mr Whompy say hi cos he won't be selling alot of ice-creams lol..  check out the speakers... Void Accustics.. Best speakers you can get.. Made by some great friends and old sons lol