Flags

Steel city camper

I absolutely love the flags at Glastonbury wether it's the official ones or the absolutely brilliant and genius ones put together by the festival goers , so to my absolute pleasure I discovered they where selling make your own flags at the discount store in sheffield for £3.99 . I've spent the majority of my Sunday making my own and it now sits blowing in the breeze in my garden giving me a very small  piece of enjoyment and pretending I'm still sat in the greatest place on earth 

The flags add atmosphere but the flags also really obscure views of the stages. I experienced this there and while watching performances on iPlayer. I find them both a pain and a pleasure.   

2 minutes ago, telemarks said:

Flags = a invaluable navigation aid

"I'm in between the black and white squiggle and a Field of Wheat"

Only until you've sussed doing it without them, then they're a massive liability as they move

4 hours ago, frostypaw said:

They have been a significant problem now for ten years, that's starting to count as tradition I suppose!

You should see some other festies without tv cameras and virtually no flags - it's lovely :) 

boomtown-fair.jpg

Where is that? Tomorrowland?

3 hours ago, Spindles said:

There were definitely fewer flags at the front of stages this year than previous years.  I'm hoping that if the trend of reduction continues we'll get back to the point of that solitary wolves pennant as once was.

As a West Brom fan I find that pennant offensive. Who can I complain to?

Edited by Hugh Jass

3 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

I am a 'ban nothing' person so wouldn't dream of banning flags. I would however give them a flag holders enclosure directly behind the mixing desk. 

If any flag holder complains that they cannot see the stage because the mixing desk is blocking their view ..

Genius! They can still see the screens from there, it's fine. Will be easy to find each other and to find themselves on TV

30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Pyramid mixing desk(s) are now away up at height - so as not to block the view.

Nah they're still at ground level in those two huts. You're thinking about the camera/follow spot bits up on the repeater towers

7 hours ago, Spindles said:

I'm hoping that if the trend of reduction continues we'll get back to the point of that solitary wolves pennant as once was.

Glastowolf has been getting a little bit of press recently.

https://www.timeout.com/london/music/we-went-on-the-hunt-for-glastowolf

https://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/2017/06/28/meet-the-dudley-man-behind-that-glastonbury-wolves-flag---interview/

18mins in http://podcast.canstream.co.uk/wcrfm/index.php?id=20930