NYC Downlow

bamber

We went on the wednesday night to nyc. Drag queen at the front of the queue said it was either cock out or £2 so i lobbed it out then she had a grab! The girls i was with had to get their tits out. Then when i went to the desk there was some guys who said dick out or 2 quid. I said i just got mine out they didnt believe me so they started filming me with their phones with their lights on telling me to get it out or no entry. I was ready to jump over the desk and spark one of them out. Ended up paying the 2 quid So i got touched up and had to pay 2 quid! Not what i wanted haha

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Nuts said:

Then when i went to the desk there was some guys who said dick out or 2 quid. I said i just got mine out they didnt believe me so they started filming me with their phones with their lights on telling me to get it out or no entry

I guess it's a complement they wanted to film you?

4 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Quite right. I want 13 Glastonburys worth of rebate for never having been in the kids field (due to not being a kid) or the acoustic tent (due to not being fucking boring).

1. You're basically a big kid, so kind of.

2. Errrrmm ;)

4 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

This is what bugs me. Earlier glastos were a revelation in the acceptance of the gay thing right across site and gay folk mixing with everyone happily. Post NYCD it's like someone dropped a magnet and the ghetto that was so nice to escape became a tourist attraction right where it was nice to escape from all that.

Used to have conversations about how nice that was, now it's just about when to go down the downlow and that's it. That's what they can do every single weekend... why do it again?

Still can't stop from giggling at the "i want a ticket price reduction" line there though - that's like someone doing a cartoon impression of a tory position "Well i'm not using the NHS so why should I pay for it" thing

Interesting.  If I finally pull my finger out it'll be NYCD I go to just because the music's far more my cup of tea than the other late night ones.  Would feel proper uncomfortable in myself just doing the "look, look at what the gays do at night!" visit for half an hour, so would have to lose myself on the dancefloor :lol:

11 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

then you should have a reduction if you can't use all areas 

You can use all areas - it's your children (who most likely get in free) who can't. As someone above said, if you're upset you can't take your children into clubs which are very clearly advertised as being overtly sexual then not being allowed in is the least of your worries. 

The Daily Mail comments section called, they're missing you. 

too hot for me to go in .. went in the london underground and nearly fainted because of the heat .... and that isn't  even described as hot and sweaty although Ive always wanted to try it in the earlier days ... but now its just far too busy so no temptation 

This is like a rerun of the nail bar argument and my position is the same -it's fine! If people can have a whole area to listen to MOR, Radio 2 inspired music (AKA Avalon), then surely a dark room is ok?

It's a big fucking site. This "they have something someone else doesn't, s'not fair" stuff is just as daft for the dark room as the woman only venue.

5 minutes ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Honestly right, it's fucking sad that there's one overtly LGBT place on the whole site and people are whinging about it because it upsets their own moral code.

In all fairness it's not the LGBT bit they're complaining about. Casual sex isn't an exclusive.

It's interesting cos of course the straight world went through this stage too, but seems to have decided this kinda thing wasn't a great idea and I'm curious if/when the gay world will come to the same conclusion. I do find it rather changes the tone though and stopped going to that kinda bar very long ago.

What came of that woman only venue?

20 minutes ago, Nuts said:

We went on the wednesday night to nyc. Drag queen at the front of the queue said it was either cock out or £2 so i lobbed it out then she had a grab! The girls i was with had to get their tits out. Then when i went to the desk there was some guys who said dick out or 2 quid. I said i just got mine out they didnt believe me so they started filming me with their phones with their lights on telling me to get it out or no entry. I was ready to jump over the desk and spark one of them out. Ended up paying the 2 quid So i got touched up and had to pay 2 quid! Not what i wanted haha

So you got raped on the way in then? If a woman gets a slap on the ass from a bloke in the crowd he is a rapist, but it's ok to tug on someone's cock without permission then try and take a video of it.....

2 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

So you got raped on the way in then? If a woman gets a slap on the ass from a bloke in the crowd he is a rapist, but it's ok to tug on someone's cock without permission then try and take a video of it.....

Semantics, but those things are sexual assault by touching, not rape. 

6 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Being asked to get your dick out for entry to the S.E corner, if true, is fucking ridiculous. And a dark room where people are fucking? What's that all about? If that existed in another area of the site and it was men fucking women there would be outrage and it wouldn't be allowed.

And before I get accused, no I'm not homophobic.

Because it is replicating gay New York venues of the 1970/80s, where dark rooms existed. Yes, they could've left the dark room aspect out of this replication but they didn't - and so far I haven't heard of anyone dying from its existence so I can't see the issue?

It is discreetly tucked away in the corner of the club and no one is forced to enter. I thought it was a "prop" part of the venue, turns out it isn't and who gives a shit? Not me or anyone in the venue.

Men and women could shag in their tents, tucked away somewhere else in the site with the only risk being that they'd get caught by a group who would shout "Wheeeey! Go on son!". Whereas two men shagging would almost certainly result in abuse or at the very least some comments of disgust, so it gives gay men somewhere to go if that's what they want from the festival.

As for what happens on the door, I haven't heard anything personally about the showing of dicks but they do take the piss out of you - for instance, I was told to walk up to the counter softly in order to get in and then the bloke giving out the moustaches kept handing it to me and then pulling it back towards him, he did this for about 30 seconds before realising my he'd be there all night due to my appalling reflexes (especially under the influence). It's all part of the act and the fun, if you're not into it, just don't go. It's one of the best parts of the whole site, with an unrivalled vibe in my opinion!

Edited by magliad

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Down the far end of Shangri La, I think.

The 10p discount the men get for not being allowed in then gets added back onto our tickets as a urinal subsidy.

Pah! That's taking the piss - where's my lawyer