Did anyone gain entry without their own ticket?

adamg1602

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was speaking to someone at the stone circle who said he had "jumped the fence". He didn't say where on the site, but he didn't have a wristband on. He said he did it in 2015 too. Might have been bollocks, but it was his story, the 2 he was with had wristbands on.

Can't say I'd fancy it though

1 minute ago, Homer said:

So if they asked me what year I first came and I replied '1994', how would that pan out?!

Fine, presumably. It's if you say something that disagrees with the record that you're in trouble. 

54 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I was speaking to someone at the stone circle who said he had "jumped the fence". He didn't say where on the site, but he didn't have a wristband on. He said he did it in 2015 too. Might have been bollocks, but it was his story, the 2 he was with had wristbands on.

Can't say I'd fancy it though

People definitely give it a go over the fence, there were 2 other groups of ticketless folk on the train discussing their plans, & more sat around gate A trying their luck. 

The hardest part was getting back out of the coach park after getting off the shuttle, and onto the main road, then walking round to gate B, a nice steward felt bad for us in the heat and sent us straight through the village, where I bought some cider from an old couple at their gate. 

I have no idea if any of the others I saw got in, we already had a man to meet so didn't stop to ask 

2 hours ago, Chawk said:

Do runners have to start running before or after the turnstiles? can't remember how the gates are set up but theses would slow you down surely

Upto the super fence and going through it you have a good chance without a wrist band our ticket .

As you get closer there is the wrist band exchange on one side and the turnstiles on another , but in between is an open area for guests , workers etc and those bringing in strollers and buggys, trolleys this has no gate but has stewards checking and security milling around .

If you have the balls you can walk up to that as far as your dare then just run for it .  You have no barrier to get through.

Heard from the team leader working on Gate A of 2 lads pleading to be let in, they said they had missed their coach , so they went to the ticket office but their tickets had not been returned there by the coach driver

Edit Typo (fat fingers)

Edited by DeadAmos

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

My brother has been over the suoerfence ..hes mad and I know not why think its a challenge to him .. think he's only paid once since the superfence went up !! me however I have managed to secure tickets every year in the normal fashion ish !!

I think I'd always prefer to pay £250 and know I'm getting in than have to turn up empty handed and chance it

A few years back a couple of lads came over the fence, was quite funny as one of them then had issues getting over the small herras fencing a few meters behind :lol: They then just disappeared in to a sea of tents and security looked about for a few minutes before giving up.

Its not for me sneaking in, I'd rather just know and have a ticket. If not then use the money for something else to do, holiday or something.

A friend told me this year that there's always a hole under the fence somewhere as Michael Eavis likes to have something harking back to the good old days. Difficult to find, but he knew someone who had found it and got in that way. 

32 minutes ago, Dixo said:

A friend told me this year that there's always a hole under the fence somewhere as Michael Eavis likes to have something harking back to the good old days. Difficult to find, but he knew someone who had found it and got in that way. 

I think that's a bit of an urban legend that, wasn't there supposedly a concrete tunnel that was sealed up only a few years ago, I'm sure I've read about it here 

49 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

A friend staying in CVE said early one morning a group of three young blokes chucked their bags over and jumped over the fence there, they said don't tell anybody and ran off. He wasn't sure if they knew, and didn't have the heart to tell them, that the fence there isn't actually the main fence.

Can you imagine they thought they had  found paradise with all night raves , but it was E15 where it's lights out at 7pm and deathly quiet !

Can't say I'd ever bother driving from London down to Somerset to give it a go, unless there was a once-in-a-lifetime act on that I was desperate to see.
I guess I'd go with a hi-vis, a bunch of wristwear, a jumper, and a random lanyard... Maybe chuck a Wateraid top on for good measure? haha!

I'll stick to smashing it in the sales!

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

A friend staying in CVE said early one morning a group of three young blokes chucked their bags over and jumped over the fence there, they said don't tell anybody and ran off. He wasn't sure if they knew, and didn't have the heart to tell them, that the fence there isn't actually the main fence.

It amazes me there are people that turn up with zero knowledge of the place like this.

it reminds me of a big group of 15 ish people at around 6am at castle Carey, last year on Saturday morning when I was going home to get my girls and bring them to the festival for the weekend. They had similar problems the previous evening, and had scaled a fence but still weren't inside the superfence, (I'm not exactly sure where on site) they seemed pretty down, I didn't have the heart to tell them several of my friends had bunked it in and where they should have been heading, it seemed a bit like rubbing salt in the wound 

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Am I right in thinking this is the first year in ages without a secret resale? When was the last one not to have one? Anyone got a theory as to why not?

One thing I think is that See have improved their system so,there are far less duplicate bookings etc which has happened in the past.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Am I right in thinking this is the first year in ages without a secret resale? When was the last one not to have one? Anyone got a theory as to why not?

I think there's been at least one every year from 2011 onwards. I imagine the few hundred tickets were used up with additional crew at the cinema place, and other new areas & the number was so few leftover they didn't bother 

I think it just shows how few the amount of people who cancel between paying the balance and the refund deadline (which is just two weeks later) is. For all we know in previous secret resales there could've been as few as 50-100 tickets anyway. I'm sure being a fallow year next year also meant the amount of people paying the balance then asking for a refund was even smaller than normal. It could've been as little as <50 tickets which just didn't warrant a sale.