Inmusic Festival 2018

alan_ts

9 hours ago, Bury420 said:

They'll play in Zagreb in April. That would be a bit odd.

I agree, but a lot of people going to INmusic do not live in Zagreb, so it's not that odd.

I was trying to figure out why in March the festival didn't already announce someone, maybe they're waiting for Editors Zagreb show to sell out / happen (one month from now) - this would make sense. Also Editors are in Greece 23/6 and Denmark  on 30/6, Croatia is half way between.

There are less than 90 tickets left for the Editors April show, it will probably sell out in the next week, so if they're going to be announced it would be then. But their headline show seems to be selling very slowly, it's been on sale for 6 months and still not sold out. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gregory said:

I agree, but a lot of people going to INmusic do not live in Zagreb, so it's not that odd.

I was trying to figure out why in March the festival didn't already announce someone, maybe they're waiting for Editors Zagreb show to sell out / happen (one month from now) - this would make sense. Also Editors are in Greece 23/6 and Denmark  on 30/6, Croatia is half way between.

There are less than 90 tickets left for the Editors April show, it will probably sell out in the next week, so if they're going to be announced it would be then. But their headline show seems to be selling very slowly, it's been on sale for 6 months and still not sold out. 

They are playing Tvornica. It’s a prettty small venue. Gogol Bordello sold that out. So i think they are really unlikely as I also do not think they’d play two gigs so close together here and they are not really big enough imo.

Depends whether the festival want to keep with the guitar heavy 'they will rock you' theme they keep promoting it as or not I guess. Massive Attack, Noel Gallagher and Franz Ferdinand are all near and free.

Wonder if we'll get some news at 11 today, nothing so far this week which is unusual 

18 minutes ago, gregory said:

Depends whether the festival want to keep with the guitar heavy 'they will rock you' theme they keep promoting it as or not I guess. Massive Attack, Noel Gallagher and Franz Ferdinand are all near and free.

Wonder if we'll get some news at 11 today, nothing so far this week which is unusual 

Massive Attack, Interpol and Portugal the man somehow fits into a coherent line up for me. Massive attack also have pretty broad appeal.

9 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

Sure they are doing back to back 21-23. I suspect their live shows are not so strenuous...

fair enough. well if it is them, why haven't they been announced already when so many other festivals already have done so? 

almost 11am... 

6 hours ago, RandyFishcake said:

Massive Attack and Editors are both great live... I'd be happy with either of them tbh!

Out of interest... to those that have been before... what is the production like at INmusic (in terms of visuals / screens / lighting etc.)?

Pretty basic + whatever acts bring with them on the tour

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RandyFishcake said:

Out of interest... to those that have been before... what is the production like at INmusic (in terms of visuals / screens / lighting etc.)?

5 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Pretty basic + whatever acts bring with them on the tour

Nick is right, but the good thing is there is an hour (or more) between mainstage acts which allows bands to bring big productions (if they want/have).

Alt J's production was one of the best I've ever seen, and Arcade Fire had this massive glass chamber filled with smoke that Regine danced in. KOL phoned it in with production (just like their performance :P )

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Bury420 said:

Still wondering if I take an appartment close to the lake or in the City Centre. Is transport going well in the night after the main gigs?

Mmm don't know but last year and this year too I've taken an apartment in Jarun but I'm going by car..

anyway I think it's better staying on the lake because on the day you can go in city centre by public transports and in the night you have a little walk to your room. (Concerts begin at mid-afternoon)

edit: if you take an apartment pay attention to the entrance of the festival if you don't want to walk more than an hour :)

IMG_1739.PNG

Edited by alan_ts
  • Upvote 1