Inmusic Festival 2018

alan_ts

The announcement "strategy" has been horrible this year. The feeling of optimism and good will I had towards the festival around the time of the Interpol announcement seems like an awful long time ago....I hope they pull it out the bag with a couple of decent names to finish off.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

The announcement "strategy" has been horrible this year. The feeling of optimism and good will I had towards the festival around the time of the Interpol announcement seems like an awful long time ago....I hope they pull it out the bag with a couple of decent names to finish off.

agree, their whole deliberate ambiguity of who is headlining is absolute bullshit 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Fyi this is the Europavox Festival held somewhere in France from 28th June.

Surely other of these names will be announced in the next days.

IMG_1746.PNG

Rejjie Snow and Susan Sundfor would be ok. We already have 6 of these though so maybe that'll be it (unless they can get the acts for free through the program, in which case they'll all be there and see you down the front for Tommy Cash)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gregory said:

Rejjie Snow and Susan Sundfor would be ok. We already have 6 of these though so maybe that'll be it (unless they can get the acts for free through the program, in which case they'll all be there and see you down the front for Tommy Cash)

Eheh I love Tommy Cash..."why have abs if you can have kebabs"

1 minute ago, alan_ts said:

Eheh I love Tommy Cash..."why have abs if you can have kebabs"

Shame the other UK bands (cabbage and rat boy) are pretty much trash. Sigrid is blowing up right now so too big for INmusic at this stage.

Some decent stuff on that lineup, but doubt we'll get any Croatian acts higher than the heights of Sumski from now on...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

You guys have to educate me on this Tommy Cash guy. He's at Sziget and not impressed with his music but everyone is raving about him. He worth watching for his stage persona?

I think I'm the same that idolize him on Sziget thread haha...anyway he's a perfect mix of funny and trash rap. I don't know exactly how explain it in english, but if you have a "tagada music" background this is the music for you. :D

13 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I think I'm the same that idolize him on Sziget thread haha...anyway he's a perfect mix of funny and trash rap. I don't know exactly how explain it in english, but if you have a "tagada music" background this is the music for you. :D

LOL!

Some friends want to go see him at Sziget... not for me ^^

17 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

its one of those images I'm never going to be able to unsee......

• Like 1

Ahaha.

By the way, I was just kidding about Tommy Cash, though I don't know enough about him to either dislike/like. I just know he's polarising so made the joke. He's probably more popular in Europe right now than any act at INmusic so he won't be there anyway. 

I quite like their music even if they look like one of those band on the tv channel that watch my little son.

Anyway if you don't know them I suggest you to give them a listen (they sound like a very poor and young version of Avalanches imo).

Had a little discussion with the INmusic facebook people tonight, seems like the 'headliners' are QOTSA, Nick Cave, Interpol, David Byrne, Alice in Chains, St. Vincent, Portugal. the Man, The Kills (still vague, I know)

I asked "does that mean there is another World Stage headliner to come" and they said "It will be one more headliner for world stage". So Main Stage is done, but at least we seem to have a World Stage headliner to come (unless this is another vague comment) 

I guess it will be Wolf Alice, Repetitor, one of the Europavox acts mentioned by @alan_ts, or Sumski. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gregory said:

Had a little discussion with the INmusic facebook people tonight, seems like the 'headliners' are QOTSA, Nick Cave, Interpol, David Byrne, Alice in Chains, St. Vincent, Portugal. the Man, The Kills (still vague, I know)

I asked "does that mean there is another World Stage headliner to come" and they said "It will be one more headliner for world stage". So Main Stage is done, but at least we seem to have a World Stage headliner to come (unless this is another vague comment) 

I guess it will be Wolf Alice, Repetitor, one of the Europavox acts mentioned by @alan_ts, or Sumski. 

Well on the bright side I’m looking forward to see all those headliners. Wolf Alice would be welcome too and frank carters gonna be awesome.

15 hours ago, gregory said:

Anyway our discussion has been deleted, can't see why.

3 minutes ago, ModFFM said:

I have to say I'm not even going to InMusic but this thread has been a thoroughly entertaining read most morning's! I really hope there's another decent announcement in store for you all 

It will be way lot funnier if there's not any good announcement haha

If you change idea it will be an efest meeting during the set of the legendary Šumski.