Inmusic Festival 2018

alan_ts

5 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

David Byrne has always been ahead of AIC in the pecking order. 

That is true, until this week:

Trinaesto izdanje najvećeg hrvatskog open-air festivala uveličati će Queens Of The Stone Age, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Interpol, Alice in Chains, David Byrne, St. Vincent, Portugal. The Man, The Kills, Bombino, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Šumski, Reykjavíkurdætur, Tshegue, Super Besse i mnogi drugi.

https://www.inmusicfestival.com/vijesti/pivovara-crafters-i-inmusic-festival-13-najavili-suradnju-i-predstavili-festivalsku-ponudu 

Meanwhile this poster has DB 4th;

DY0BKIOWkAA0VAF.jpg:large

They are really fucking with us :D 

(because I'm king of procrastination), here is the the average debut album release year of the top acts, 2017 vs 2018

Arcade Fire 2004
Kings Of Leon 2003
alt-J 2012
Kasabian 2004

= average year of debut album release 2006

QOTSA 1998
David Byrne 1981
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds 1984
Alice In Chains 1990
Interpol 2002

= average year of debut album release 1991

okay back to work, bye. 

edit: does anyone feel like messaging INmusic on Facebook asking "on Alice In Chains website it says they are playing on Monday 25th, is that correct?"  - if they say yes or no, Tuesday, we have a headliner to come, and if they say Wednesday, we don't. they are sick of me asking so it needs to look like an innocent question from someone new :D 

Edited by gregory
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, gregory said:

(because I'm king of procrastination), here is the the average debut album release year of the top acts, 2017 vs 2018

Arcade Fire 2004
Kings Of Leon 2003
alt-J 2012
Kasabian 2004

= average year of debut album release 2006

QOTSA 1998
David Byrne 1981
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds 1984
Alice In Chains 1990
Interpol 2002

= average year of debut album release 1991

okay back to work, bye. 

edit: does anyone feel like messaging INmusic on Facebook asking "on Alice In Chains website it says they are playing on Monday 25th, is that correct?"  - if they say yes or no, Tuesday, we have a headliner to come, and if they say Wednesday, we don't. they are sick of me asking so it needs to look like an innocent question from someone new :D 

54120C84-DB8E-4B83-ACAC-170622DEEBBF.jpeg

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, activean said:

So today they published new partner - INA, biggest oil company in Croatia. 

The guy asked: Will they sponsor the new headliner? The answer is "maybe"

The saga continues :P

Untitled.jpg

Could it be:

Monday: QOTSA, David Byrne

Tuesday: Cave, Interpol, St Vincent

Wednesday: New name, AiC

9 hours ago, activean said:

The guy asked: Will they sponsor the new headliner? The answer is "maybe"

The saga continues :P

INmusic are like that girlfriend that keeps stringing you along even though you know she's bad for you (only to break up with you at the end of summer)

5 hours ago, Andrej said:

if that new INA sponsor money is huge, i think the festival will try to go after Lana Del Rey for June 27.

I agree, think LDR is quite possible (if another headliner is even possible), she has that massive mainstream appeal (like KOL/Arcade Fire) that none of the other acts really have this year.

Any new headliner would mean Intepol below Nick Cave though (as @NomadicMan pointed out). So, who's gonna ask about Interpol's day? :P 

Edited by gregory
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

Could it be:

Monday: QOTSA, David Byrne

Tuesday: Cave, Interpol, St Vincent

Wednesday: New name, AiC

Unfortunately Interpol are on Mon in Wien and Tue in Italy so they're sure on 27.

21 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Unfortunately Interpol are on Mon in Wien and Tue in Italy so they're sure on 27.

In which case the dream is pretty much dead. So look forward to 3 months of competition winners and 'legendary' local bands to be announced everyone. And never forget what they did to us this year with their shady vague bullshit. 

4 hours ago, gregory said:

In which case the dream is pretty much dead. So look forward to 3 months of competition winners and 'legendary' local bands to be announced everyone. And never forget what they did to us this year with their shady vague bullshit. 

right on cue...

Tús Nua and Lika Colorado new domestic boosts INmusica # 13!

What about Idles for an early main slot or for World Stage? They could be the "Slaves" of this edition imo (and I also love them).

edit: they have a big gap in their schedule on InMusic dates.

Edited by alan_ts

A friend inside music industry that yesterday was in Zagreb for work says that his sixth sense says Liam Gallagher as last headliner but it's just a suggestion. 

Edited by alan_ts

26 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

A friend inside music industry that yesterday was in Zagreb for work says that his sixth sense says Liam Gallagher as last headliner but it's just a suggestion. 

Taking into account Liam's voice condition I gues he will take a break before huge Finsbury solo show. But everything possible :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nicklord said:

My friend asked about Muse on Facebook and they told him: "We'll have Muse, if not this year then in the future ones :)

So yeah, they basically didn't say anything but I'll share :P 

ahahaha sorry unless Muse's career takes a considerable fall they will never play INmusic. What's next, Coldplay?

9 hours ago, gregory said:

ahahaha sorry unless Muse's career takes a considerable fall they will never play INmusic. What's next, Coldplay?

I think that's why they said "futures ones" :D

To be fair I can see Muse playing next year, they didn't play in ex Yu since 2007. Inmusic or not, it's time for them to play again 

Edited by Nicklord
  • Upvote 1