Inmusic Festival 2018

alan_ts

Wow, amazing. So good news for everyone, we all agree Interpol are good addition.

I agree with gregory, very weird they didn't define stage/position, i believe Interpol are not headliners but they could be kind of a backup. But is it possible they still don't have headliner booked? 

everest, i like your confidence there B)

• Upvote 1

Just for fun, here's last years international acts (plus Repetitor, 2nd stage headliner) next to this years confirmed acts so far (I tried to pair them with similar-ish genre/popularity in same position);

Arcade Fire Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Kings Of Leon -
Kasabian QOTSA
alt-J Interpol
Flogging Molly Alice In Chains
Darko Rundek David Byrne
The Strange St Vincent
Danko Jones Frank Carter & TRS
Legendary Shack Shakers -
Michael Kiwanuka Portugal. The Man
Repetitor -
Slaves The Kills
Orchestra Baobab -
Public Service Broadcasting -
Booka Shade -
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Didn't see nothing official though

Screenshot_2018-02-16-10-53-07.png

Think they just made their own poster (missing St V and PTM and inc SkunkA), and in the UK Interpol are more popular with the youth than NCATBS so they put them above, but who knows. 

Like @Fabrizzo said, "Three day festival tickets for INmusic #13 are avaialble at the official INmusic festival webshop for the price of 53 EUR (+ transaction fees) until March 30th 2018 at midnight, or until a new headliner announcement, or until sold out"

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, gregory said:

Think they just made their own poster (missing St V and PTM and inc SkunkA), and in the UK Interpol are more popular with the youth than NCATBS so they put them above, but who knows. 

Like @Fabrizzo said, "Three day festival tickets for INmusic #13 are avaialble at the official INmusic festival webshop for the price of 53 EUR (+ transaction fees) until March 30th 2018 at midnight, or until a new headliner announcement, or until sold out"

Ok but I was referring to FALSE HEADS ahahah

I didn't see the poster at all :)

Edited by alan_ts

14 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Ok but I was referring to FALSE HEADS ahahah

I didn't see the poster at all :)

Ahh yeah okay, I angrily resent any local bands playing the main stage at a festival like this, especially one on each day, so I didn't see the False Heads at all :P  

Someone should send this to them anyway (though I pity this band for having to compete with the rain, but still) 

Edited by gregory
  • Upvote 1

Hmm 6 big for main stage ? OK so let's assume Frank Carter doest count as big artist but they are gonna play same time as St. Vincent.

After Interpol announcement the situation is a bit confusing, are we sure St. Vincent was moved down to the "third slot" if she counts as big? Why did they gave so generic answer to that guy? :D

they didn't say nothing about headliners, i also think same as you that we are waiting for 1 more on each stage :)

Btw, previous years..when did they reveal running order ? 

Yes, the second they didn't say 'main stage' or 'headliner' in the news i suspected something fishy. we'll see.

also 'big names' thing is totally subjective, I couldn't give a shit about Alice in Chains, nor name a song, all I know is the lead singer during their height died. Someone else could say the same about St Vincent, while I love her. Certainly none of the acts this year have sold more thn 21,000,000 albums like KOL, nor have any of them outright headlined Reading/Leeds like Kasabian and Arcade Fire ;) 

Edited by gregory

Hi gang, first time on this thread - first time going to INMusic!

Would love NIN to be announced as headliner! However I agree it will be something more mainstream... QOTSA, Nick Cave, Alice in Chains and NIN share a lot of fans (me included)... but guessing they might want to expand the profile a bit. My guess (hope) would be LCD Soundsystem or maybe Justice?

Have we still got a 2nd stage headliner to come? If so would be amazing to see Future Islands too!

Thoughts?

28 minutes ago, RandyFishcake said:

Hi gang, first time on this thread - first time going to INMusic!

Would love NIN to be announced as headliner! However I agree it will be something more mainstream... QOTSA, Nick Cave, Alice in Chains and NIN share a lot of fans (me included)... but guessing they might want to expand the profile a bit. My guess (hope) would be LCD Soundsystem or maybe Justice?

Have we still got a 2nd stage headliner to come? If so would be amazing to see Future Islands too!

Thoughts?

Welcome!

Isn'n Bombino last World Stage Music headliner?

For sure we'd expect  3 acts for Hidden Stage.

7 hours ago, alan_ts said:

Welcome!

Isn'n Bombino last World Stage Music headliner?

For sure we'd expect  3 acts for Hidden Stage.

No mention of him headlining, I guessed he'd be in the Orchestra Balbao slot from last year, but who knows. They always used to state the stage/if the act was a headliner, but since Interpol that has changed, not sure why they've started being coy...