Inmusic Festival 2018

alan_ts

12 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

By the way, do you think this big group of nordic girls will headline hidden stage like Haus, Public BroadCasting Service and Booka Shade in 2017 or they'll just have an early slot?

I was wondering that myself, last year only one of those three was mentioned as 'headlining' in the news story, so who knows.

If the 90210 girls get paid €30 each for the show that's probably a considerable amount of the budget gone so ... lol

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, gregory said:

I was wondering that myself, last year only one of those three was mentioned as 'headlining' in the news story, so who knows.

If the 90210 girls get paid €30 each for the show that's probably a considerable amount of the budget gone so ... lol

Actually a 16 people band could cost like a good solo live/dj act... 

1 minute ago, gregory said:

Yeah I was kind of half joking / half serious, even if the band play for free they still need 10 hotel rooms or whatever for them, probably isn't cheap

That's what I'm thinking...even if cheap there's 16(+manager) flights, hotels...

16 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

That's what I'm thinking...even if cheap there's 16(+manager) flights, hotels...

Having said that, there here as part of some European Project so it's possible INmusic don't have to spend a cent. 

On top of that, without Kings of Leon etc on the bill, I'm sure there's still a fair bit of money left to spend 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think the last headliner could be announced somewhere in march, on the next they when they will rise the ticket price.

At the moment i'm guessing next artists to take the headliner slot:

Jamiroquai, Gorillaz, Tame Impala (inmusic people always asking for them)  MGMT (New album released today) Manic Street Preachers (Incoming album this spring)

• Like 1

Smashing Pumpkins would have fit in pretty well with this years alt/rock/alternative line-up, but don't think the reunion will be touring by then (and A Perfect Circle are still touring then too).

There has to be a reason why they haven't announced the headliner yet, QOTSA were announced almost 5 months ago and the festival is in 4 months so we're now nearer the festival than the first headliner announcement, with a headliner to come.

On 9.02.2018 at 10:05 PM, Andrej said:

MGMT to small to headline. i think tame impala is mad cools eu exclusive? Jamiroquai maybe, he already headlined Inmusic. 

Tame Impala are playing festival in London in july

NYC indie pioneers Interpol confirmed for their Croatian debut at INmusic festival #13Grab your three day festival tickets for just 53 EUR now: /2aCQiR0
Interpol will be joining a stellar line up, including Queens of the Stone Age, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, David Byrne, Alice in Chains, St. Vincent, Portugal. The Man, The Kills, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, and many more 

Doesn't look like they're headlining, fucking hell!! 

Edited by gregory
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

So who's down on the bill now? St Vincent?

Maybe they replace Skunk Anansie? It's hard to tell. IMO St Vincent is big/good enough to headline the main stage, so if she's 3rd down that's quite something.

If Interpol are not  headliners this is a very very fucking good year, with a Main Stage and World Stage headliner to come...

Edited by gregory
  • Upvote 1

For every other announcement the news story has said which stage the act is on, and if they're headliner, so it's strange they haven't for Interpol. Maybe they're trying to get another headliner, and if not they'll bump Interpol up.

Also, INmusic is 'Hot!' for possibly the first time ever, ahaha.

image.png.3cc68554c90233e1530c58e057afdabf.png

EDIT: on the 'ticket's page the acts are listed in this order "Queens of the Stone Age, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Interpol, David Byrne, etc." Maybe my 'backup' headliner idea isn't so far off, if they were headliner right now they would have been announced as that.

EDIT2: They've put them in 3rd position, so could be headliner or second billing. Feel like they're being deliberately obtuse... @the wonderwhy

image.thumb.png.d58a12fb77c70eeceddea901ae6e1897.png

Edited by gregory
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

The price has'nt changed so they aren't headliners...no? 

Good point, also everytime they announce an headliner they make an announcement of the announcement..but also what @gregory has said could be right, let's see.

Me as a good stalker I've asked Inmusic.