Inmusic Festival 2018

alan_ts

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

I believe you that they cost 700k€ but there's no way Muse is cheaper than that :D Muse can and does play stadiums (or 5+ date arena residencies) around Europe and is literally the first or the second name of every festival they play last . SOAD doesn't even headline every festival they play, like Pinkpop this year (which Muse headlined in 2015)

But then, 700k is a lot for Inmusic so yeah. They won't play there :lol: 

What’s the fee for kings of Leon?

I remember reading about what acts/bands roughly cost to book. There were figures released a few years back by the booking agency Degy entertainment and Muse were strangely low compared to other bands their size. Some of the figures did look a bit iffy though and maybe there was a lot of guesstimating going on :D

5 hours ago, Neontiger90 said:

I remember reading about what acts/bands roughly cost to book. There were figures released a few years back by the booking agency Degy entertainment and Muse were strangely low compared to other bands their size. Some of the figures did look a bit iffy though and maybe there was a lot of guesstimating going on :D

Yes, according to the NME article, Muse booking is around 600 000 GBP

15 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

Lazy fuckers :P ....honestly would like to see them this tour so shame they not gonna get closer to us poverty stricken Croats.

Ahah yes... Forced to go abroad x) (they don't come to France), poor Finland as well... They haven't come there since 1993.

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

High enough for them to raise the ticket price by a lot :D

Nick Cave and QOTSA were kinda obvious to everyone here. Really wonder who's the third headliner

I was sure it was gonna be FranzFerdinand again but with the tour dates they have booked already looks unlikely now. Prodigy are always in with a shout...

I think Franz are still in with a shout, though maybe not big enough in 2018 to do so. If not, The xx, Lorde or Two Door Cinema Club maybe. An outside shot is Arctic Monkeys who seem to be announcing festivals in Jan, they did play INmusic in 2013 just before the last album cycle (and the same week they headlined Glasto)...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Wait, am I missing something? Why is it so cheap? Would definitely go to this if I wasn't  already seeing Nick Cave and QOTSA in London next year.

Well they book far fewer well known acts than other festivals plus headliner sets are shorter (90 min). Also I think it’s subsidised for the tourism industry.

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Wait, am I missing something? Why is it so cheap? Would definitely go to this if I wasn't  already seeing Nick Cave and QOTSA in London next year.

It's in Croatia that's still a very cheap country and because I think it's during the week (Mon,Tue,Wed) so I think artists' cachet are less expensive than Fri/Sat

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Ahhh, that makes sense then. But isn't 90 mins the average for a headline set?

like, how long do you think Cave and QOTSA would play for elsewhere?

I think 90 mins is pretty standard IMO, and the good thing about INmusic is that all the main-stage acts get 60/75/90 minute slots. Alt-J, Flogging Molly, Darko Rundek all had 90 mins and weren't headlining.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jirrit said:

What kinda atmosphere is there in this festival? Are there any deejay's playing? Out of this list, what's it alike the most? Pukkelpop, Werchter, NOS Alive, Mad Cool, Primavera Barcelona.

And it also seems to be very cheap. Good accomodation possible also?

Cheers

Really nice atmosphere but it’s very very small. 20000 a day so nothing like the bigger Euro fests you mentioned. There’s lots of space, you don’t need to queue for much and you can get to the front for any band if you want. I’d recommend the camping but sure there’s other options in town. Also there’s not loads going on like with the bigger fests...I like it, I found nos alive just too busy. If your looking for a premium alternative with loads to do, all night action and a range of accommodation I’d suggest sziget.

6 minutes ago, everest said:

Forget about Foos, too expensive, as we said many many many times

Probably, but KOL did play this year. Foo's often play smaller shows like club shows, a couple of thousand capacity venues etc where they can't be making much money, so you never know. They would have been announced by now though if they were playing I think. Personally I'd rather someone else. NIN would do @NomadicMan, got a feeling the last act will be a bit more mainstream though as Nick Cave and QOSTA aren't everyone's cup of tea...

Edited by gregory