Inmusic Festival 2018

alan_ts

1 minute ago, Orens said:

I doubt it's LCD, but I guess they are not that far away. Nick Cave seems nailed on for this. 

If LCD are on the bill, I'm strongly considering this.

Yes Nick Cave seems more likely because he doesn't have any dates in Croatia so far, but seeing the past editions and the re-booking of the same artists I'd put my money (and mostly my hopes) on LCD.

Headliner guesses, who it could be?

Possible;
Nick Cave
The xx
Franz Ferdinand
Editors
Lorde
Beck
Two Door Cinema Club

Less possible (still total guesswork);
Gorillaz
The Killers
Foo Fighters (hahaha, but they probably cost the same as KOL)
Bjork
Snow Patrol
Noel Gallagher
Massive Attack
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Biffy Clyro

Who else?

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, gregory said:

Headliner guesses, who it could be?

Possible;
Nick Cave
The xx
Franz Ferdinand
Editors
Lorde
Beck
Two Door Cinema Club

Less possible (still total guesswork);
Gorillaz
The Killers
Foo Fighters (hahaha, but they probably cost the same as KOL)
Bjork
Snow Patrol
Noel Gallagher
Massive Attack
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Biffy Clyro

Who else?

Why do you think Massive Attack, Gorillaz, The Killers e.g. are less possible?

They're all around next summer and could fit well for InMusic.

Edit: only for comparison these are past editions headliners:

Franz Ferdinand, Morrissey

Sonic Youth, The Stooges

Nick Cave, The Prodigy

Franz Ferdinand, Moby, Kraftwerk, N.E.R.D, Lily Allen

Alice in Chains, Billy Idol, Massive Attack, LCD Soundsystem, The Flaming Lips

Jamiroquai, Cypress Hill, Arcade Fire, Grinderman

franz Ferdinand, New Order, Gorillaz Sound System

Arctic Monkeys, Iggy & The Stooges

The Black Keys, Pixies, MGMT

Placebo, FFS (band), Rudimental, Paolo Nutini

Gutterdammerung, Florence + the Machine, Pj Harvey

Kings Of Leon, Arcade Fire, Kasabian, Alt-j

Edited by alan_ts

All guesswork Alan (to pass the time), but guessing Gorillaz/Killers are too big for INmusic, and massive attack maybe not big enough to headline but also not small enough not to headline in 2018 and not fitting the 'ROCK' angle they seem to be going for. 

So Franz (&FFS) have headlined 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015 ... spot a pattern?

• Upvote 1

Remove Editors, they have a show in Zagreb in april.

Also I'd say The XX and Massive attack are highly unlikely.They played in Croatia last year. We usually don't get the same bands that often in our countries.

Tons of Croatians went to Exit to see The Killers this year too. They're expensive so they probably won't risk with them but could be wrong.

I would add to that list Depeche Mode (didn't play in Croatia on this tour and they usually do on every) and Nine Inch Nails (never played in Croatia I think)

Edited by Nicklord

10 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Remove Editors, they have a show in Zagreb in april.

Also I'd say The XX and Massive attack are highly unlikely.They played in Croatia last year. We usually don't get the same bands that often in our countries.

Tons of Croatians went to Exit to see The Killers this year too. They're expensive so they probably won't risk with them but could be wrong.

I would add to that list Depeche Mode (didn't play in Croatia on this tour and they usually do on every) and Nine Inch Nails (never played in Croatia I think)

NIN would be good. Could always be a wildcard like Jack White or Arctic Monkeys.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, gregory said:

Could it be Two Door Cinema Club? :bad: Just announced for NOS Alive

Mmm I hope no too and I also think they don't deserve a pre-announcement like this, all this hype reminds me to Kol announcement last year so I'm expecting something quite big.

This probably is meaningless, but INmusic re-tweeted someone's tweet about Run The Jewels (they have a tendency to retweet most things though to be honest...). They are around (playing with QOTSA in London), not sure if they're headline material though. INmusic doesn't seem to have had much rap/hip-hop over the years.

Edited by gregory
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, gregory said:

This probably is meaningless, but INmusic re-tweeted someone's tweet about Run The Jewels (they have a tendency to retweet most things though to be honest...). They are around (playing with QOTSA in London), not sure if they're headline material though. INmusic doesn't seem to have had much rap/hip-hop over the years.

They're brilliant live and I love their music but I don't think they're headline material for Inmusic.

I'm expecting something rock/indie.

6 minutes ago, everest said:

Maybe, but not in Croatia :D 
Pearl Jam, Depeche Mode, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, System of a Down etc...they will probably never play on Inmusic, too expensive. But Muse, Gorillaz, LCD, Biffy Clyro, probably one of them will be 3rd headliner.

I would say that Muse are in the first group and SOAD is in the second but yeah, I agree

Also Nick Cave :wub:

Edited by Nicklord

4 minutes ago, everest said:

Maybe, but not in Croatia :D 
Pearl Jam, Depeche Mode, Foo Fighters, Radiohead, System of a Down etc...they will probably never play on Inmusic, too expensive. But Muse, Gorillaz, LCD, Biffy Clyro, probably one of them will be 3rd headliner.

Agree, my money would be a gig in Vienna on the 28th/29th. Nice double bill with inmusic though ;)....pearl jam did play zagreb in 2006 you know!

26 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

Surely they going to fit one gig in between Rome and Prague. That’s 4 free days otherwise and they never have more than 2 free days between any other gigs on that tour. 

Nope mate, sorry to disappoint, but they just really like Rome (and Italy) and take a week of holidays there...

39 minutes ago, everest said:

SOAD played in Finland few years ago for 700, 000 €. Don't ask me where did I get this information, but it's true. 
So, my opinion is that Muse is cheaper, but that's only my opinion :)

I believe you that they cost 700k€ but there's no way Muse is cheaper than that :D Muse can and does play stadiums (or 5+ date arena residencies) around Europe and is literally the first or the second name of every festival they play last . SOAD doesn't even headline every festival they play, like Pinkpop this year (which Muse headlined in 2015)

But then, 700k is a lot for Inmusic so yeah. They won't play there :lol: