Inmusic Festival 2018

alan_ts

I had a dream last night that they announced the whole 2018 lineup (that's an indicator of how absurd this dream is - we all know they only announce act by act) on The One Show (lol) and the lineup included Editors, We Are Scientists, Kasabian, Kings of Leon and Arcade Fire (!!!). That's about all I remember. Bye.

The legendary and awe-inspiring David Byrne is joining the line up of INmusic festival #13 and we could not be more excited! 

David Byrne, the creative force behind Talking Heads, Oscar, Grammy and Golden Globe recipient, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, and more recently a prominent solo artist, photographer, film director and author, is set to grace the stages of INmusic festival Main stage for the first time with what is sure to be another spectacular and unique artistic performance of the music great

Doesn't mention headliner anywhere, but did for QOTSA, so doesn't look like he's headlning (& hopefully not). Fantastic addition! 

Edited by gregory

A little statistics, last year Thursday headliners of RW were Arcade Fire and Kol, both Inmusic headliners.

Today Rw has announced Qotsa as second Thursday headliner besides Gorillaz.

Let's see, it would be great for me.

Edited by alan_ts

36 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

A little statistics, last year Thursday headliners of RW were Arcade Fire and Kol, both Inmusic headliners.

Today Rw has announced Qotsa as second Thursday headliner besides Gorillaz.

Let's see, it would be great for me.

I kinda feel like the main stage isn't physically big enough to hold all of the Gorillaz gang, ahaha. I'd prefer someone different, as I'm off to Open'er the week after.

What else are our headliner possibilities? Bjork, Nick Cave, Franz Ferdinand, The xx, Lorde, LCD Soundsystem, Iggy Pop (?), The National (?), Killers (?)..?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, gregory said:

I kinda feel like the main stage isn't physically big enough to hold all of the Gorillaz gang, ahaha. I'd prefer someone different, as I'm off to Open'er the week after.

What else are our headliner possibilities? Bjork, Nick Cave, Franz Ferdinand, The xx, Lorde, LCD Soundsystem, Iggy Pop (?), The National (?), Killers (?)..?

Massive attack (?)

27 minutes ago, gregory said:

I saw them last week in Berlin. They’d fit, relatively low key in terms of production really. They were brilliant though. For headliners for me it’s hard to see beyond Nick Cave and Frank Ferdinand though....but let’s see.

1 hour ago, NomadicMan said:

I saw them last week in Berlin. They’d fit, relatively low key in terms of production really. They were brilliant though. For headliners for me it’s hard to see beyond Nick Cave and Frank Ferdinand though....but let’s see.

As good as they are,  QOSTA/David Byrne, Nick Cave, Franz Ferdinand headlining would in no way comparable to Arcade Fire, KOL/alt-j, Kasabian as far as popularity (today) and album/tour sales goes. It would be quite an alt/indie lineup compared to 2017 and the momentum they seemed to (want to) build bringing in big names.

Will be interesting to see what direction they take the festival next year, I've seen them refer to Inmusic 2018 as a 'rock festival' a couple of times on social media..

Edited by gregory
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, gregory said:

As good as they are,  QOSTA/David Byrne, Nick Cave, Franz Ferdinand headlining would in no way comparable to Arcade Fire, KOL/alt-j, Kasabian as far as popularity (today) and album/tour sales goes. It would be quite an alt/indie lineup compared to 2017 and the momentum they seemed to (want to) build bringing in big names.

Will be interesting to see what direction they take the festival next year, I've seen them refer to Inmusic 2018 as a 'rock festival' a couple of times on social media..

Hope your right. Last year was more exception than the rule though. However they did sell out for first time ever so should be encouraged to follow a similar strategy....that said we never really know what our disorganised rabble are gonna book :P

1 minute ago, NomadicMan said:

Hope your right. Last year was more exception than the rule though. However they did sell out for first time ever so should be encouraged to follow a similar strategy....that said we never really know what our disorganised rabble are gonna book :P

Haha,yeah. It seems really clear that this festival pick up acts as they go along and announce then them soon after, with no long term plan. Only festival that seems to figure it out as they go along. KOL is a prime example of that, as are the irregular band-by-band announcements. 

Just now, gregory said:

Haha,yeah. It seems really clear that this festival pick up acts as they go along and announce then them soon after, with no long term plan. Only festival that seems to figure it out as they go along. KOL is a prime example of that, as are the irregular band-by-band announcements. 

Well so far so good right, and honestly I’d pay the ticket price just to see QOTSA alone.

1 minute ago, NomadicMan said:

Well so far so good right, and honestly I’d pay the ticket price just to see QOTSA alone.

Yeah man, a good start. Would be happy with Nick Cave and Franz Ferdinand too to be honest, but hopefully we get something a bit bigger (or those two and something bigger ;) ) 

• Upvote 1

Last year was kinda an outliner of all the other editions. I think that people should act like it was Arcade Fire/Kasabian/Alt J. KoL was a big bonus I think, they even raised the ticket price cause of it so it probably wasn't planned like the rest. Something like QOTSA/Nick Cave/The National would be in line with that.

Also people should know that Nick Cave is really big in ex Yu. He sold out 20k arena in Belgrade and 13k arena in Ljubljana and Green Day for example didn't sell out that arena in Ljubljana just a few months ago

48 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Last year was kinda an outliner of all the other editions. I think that people should act like it was Arcade Fire/Kasabian/Alt J. KoL was a big bonus I think, they even raised the ticket price cause of it so it probably wasn't planned like the rest. Something like QOTSA/Nick Cave/The National would be in line with that.

Also people should know that Nick Cave is really big in ex Yu. He sold out 20k arena in Belgrade and 13k arena in Ljubljana and Green Day for example didn't sell out that arena in Ljubljana just a few months ago

Agree with you, even Arcade Fire/Kasabian/Alt J was pretty big though compared to previous years. Guess it's kinda subjective. But would make sense for them to build on the momentum they created this year. The fact David Byrne isn't headlining is a good sign re: that in my eyes. We''ll see..

• Upvote 1

Mad Cool has announced among others Snow Patrol, I hope no but they're in the mix for an headline spot.

For me would be a nightmare, for my girlfriend a dream :) (we'll be fresh of wedding in June so it would be perfect for her).

Anyway yesterday evening Inmusic Fb said that new names will arrive very soon that mean tomorrow imo.