Matt42

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, LetsGoToMars said:

I think security are told not to look too hard/turn a blind eye to drugs, as glastonbury want as many people as possible to have as good a time as possible to ensure they want to come back year after year.

Definitely. Have seen security tell people to basically stop waving it about so they don't have to react to it. But otherwise they couldn't give a bollocks. 

The free consumption of drugs puts food on their tables :)

3 minutes ago, UEF said:

Definitely. Have seen security tell people to basically stop waving it about so they don't have to react to it. But otherwise they couldn't give a bollocks. 

The free consumption of drugs puts food on their tables :)

Wow, free drugs. Which part of the country are you in. Fecking expensive other here unless you go for quantity. But never free. :sorry:

On 07/07/2017 at 10:39 PM, swede said:

I have no problem with Ed headlining, I went, I enjoyed it but had to watch from the Mandela bar as the field was that rammed. We tried mid set to enter at the top track and stewards were down the middle of it turning it into two one way systems. At that point I'd have gone and watched someone else if there was any better options. 

London Grammer subbed John Peel that night having headlined last time, they pulled a good crowd but you could see people near the back of the tent and in the field leaving heading to Ed, Metronomy just about filled the tent, it was pretty lightweight for a John Peel headliner. 

Emile Sandes placement on the other stage was another odd one, she's a pyramid act all day long. I'm not a fan of hers but the Sunday pyramid crowd would have loved her 

The placement of acts that day was just odd late on leading upto Ed on the pyramid 

I love ed sheeran, especially his early ad lib stuff. Got exited when he did 'I need you' at the end, then saw it was a pre watershed version. I'm just saying people will always moan no matter what.

17 hours ago, LetsGoToMars said:

I think security are told not to look too hard/turn a blind eye to drugs, as glastonbury want as many people as possible to have as good a time as possible to ensure they want to come back year after year.

I once saw some guy get his wallet searched on the way back in one Saturday afternoon. The guy in front had a little bag of sniff in his wallet, only a bit. They guy at the table found it, asked the lad who's it was. Shell shocked lad said it was his, so searcher just tucked it back in his wallet an said have a good one. Some of them are good you know.

On 07/07/2017 at 8:57 AM, UEF said:

There's a conscious effort to make part of the festival's attraction the food - and that the Growler losing its pitch wasn't a coincidence.

I genuinely believe that one! Did you see what was there instead of The Growler? Fucking benches that nobody sat on!
I reckon the festival thought it was too cheap, and they didn't earn enough money from it, so they gave them the boot.

I also noticed that a lot of the stalls were the same, just with different names on the top. The food they were selling was exactly the same as others, the menus on the side of the vans were the same, with the same fonts, pricing and everything. Seemed very fishy to me.

I also noticed at the archway at The Park that there were CCTV cameras, and I reckon they have them all over the site, ready to get some clips to make a cheeky quid off You've Been Framed!