Glastonbury Conspiracy theories

Matt42

So me and my friend have had a few drinks and got us thinking. What conspiracies about glastonbury do you consider ridiculous or semi true?

mine

the flare people in crowds are hired / part of the festival - since security are so strict on flares being brought in.

you can't have a headline set without a flare - also who comes with to the festival with the sole intention to light a flare specifically for "all my life" by the foo fighters so the coverage on the BBC looks awesome?

sounds like a plant to me.

list your other mad theories 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So me and my friend have had a few drinks and got us thinking. What conspiracies about glastonbury do you consider ridiculous or semi true?

mine

the flare people in crowds are hired / part of the festival - since security are so strict on flares being brought in.

you can't have a headline set without a flare - also who comes with to the festival with the sole intention to light a flare specifically for "all my life" by the foo fighters so the coverage on the BBC looks awesome?

Hahahahaha what you been drinking? 

The flare people are having 'a moment', bless em'

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

mine

IMG_1932.JPG

"Pack light" was partially an experiment in getting punters to bring less booze - and thus, buying the festival's own.

It's been tried before - a few years ago an announcement was made about only bringing 'what you can carry' which was speedily withdrawn.

2 minutes ago, Drinky said:

I'm convinced there were some flare plants when Kasabian headlined - about a dozen being pulled at exactly the same time in Fire? Hmmm

Nahh anyone could have told you Kasabian would have millions of flares as they are casual baiting lad rock

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

mine

Weird you should mention that because I had had this thought a couple of years running with seeing when people were setting them off. However I felt the conspiracy a bit farfetched when I saw people letting off flares in the JP for The Killers and realised how many health and safety codes were probably being broken haha

3 minutes ago, UEF said:

There's a conscious effort to make part of the festival's attraction the food - and that the Growler losing its pitch wasn't a coincidence.

Absolutely. They could've relocated the Growler if they really wanted, I know a lot of people are fond of it but it's the sort of stall that wouldn't look out of place in a B&Q car park.

The pyramid stage is in fact the sister ship to the Black Fortress from krull, it is home to the Eavis, a slightly befuddled old man with a funny accent and short trousers,  and only appears for 5 days a year bringing joy to the chair and blanket brigade, 

The chair and blanket brigade are actually employed by the festival as a type of crowd control.  They are all in fact highly trained undercover security officers ready to jump into action if a major incident should occur by the crowd tripping over their chairs.