Variety Bazaar

Aragorn

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Fallow years in 2018 and 2021 then, or am I missing something?

Yeah just as a one off, the next one will be 2016 so they are planning to run maybe for 4 instead of 5 years without a break. Judging by the sound of what they want to do as well it sounds like this might be Glastonbury's attempt at a Boomtown style event. I hope they still continue to allow the drinks entry part of it.

22 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Fallow years in 2018 and 2021 then, or am I missing something?

It certainly sounds that way at the moment, but it's never that clear from what these guys put out. 

The fact that one of the area teams is going to visit the new site now, suggests to me that something could be possible next year, it seems a bit too far in the future for a team to visit now for an event not going ahead until 2021?

EE also mentions 3 possible sites and then later she mentions a team going to see 'the' site as if the location has been sorted. It takes a year to plan they say, and they have been talking about it for a while now so plans could be advanced.

Although i would have thought they would need to apply for and receive the license early in the process before they invest too much time, effort and money into the scheme.

As clear as mud i guess is the phrase - just have to wait for the VBL website to appear and send emails to all associated with the GFL website announcing the Sunday morning ticket sale and the need to check our valid registrations (as of course the same system will be in place).

46 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

It certainly sounds that way at the moment, but it's never that clear from what these guys put out. 

The fact that one of the area teams is going to visit the new site now, suggests to me that something could be possible next year, it seems a bit too far in the future for a team to visit now for an event not going ahead until 2021?

EE also mentions 3 possible sites and then later she mentions a team going to see 'the' site as if the location has been sorted. It takes a year to plan they say, and they have been talking about it for a while now so plans could be advanced.

Although i would have thought they would need to apply for and receive the license early in the process before they invest too much time, effort and money into the scheme.

As clear as mud i guess is the phrase - just have to wait for the VBL website to appear and send emails to all associated with the GFL website announcing the Sunday morning ticket sale and the need to check our valid registrations (as of course the same system will be in place).

I do wonder if this Arcadia event next year is a little trial run for the Variety Bazaar at the same site in 2021?

that would explain why the Arcadia team were there a few months ago, and if it's just a one-off non-Glastonbury event happening there in 2018, there isn't as much pressure as "the new festival from Glastonbury" would attract.

Arcadia (and a few other small affiliated crews) at the site in 2018 for a small event, learn lessons, be better prepared for 2021 when the Variety Bazaar happens there.

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I do wonder if this Arcadia event next year is a little trial run for the Variety Bazaar at the same site in 2021?

that would explain why the Arcadia team were there a few months ago, and if it's just a one-off non-Glastonbury event happening there in 2018, there isn't as much pressure as "the new festival from Glastonbury" would attract.

Arcadia (and a few other small affiliated crews) at the site in 2018 for a small event, learn lessons, be better prepared for 2021 when the Variety Bazaar happens there.

I like this theory.

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, Homer said:

"Speaking to Radio 1 at the NME awards he coyly revealed that the biggest acts will be: ‘Two or three that have never played.’

The xx are rumoured to be in talks."

That’s an exciting rumour to kick us off. :wacko: I don’t expect them to have a new album out in time and they’re not playing and then headlining the Pyramid on one album tour.

Wrt the top quote, was the last time he said that 2014 when it turned out the headliners had all never headlined before? Though I expect that was a fluke that Michael’s quote actually turned out somewhat reasonable.