quechua Fresh and black tents

Davet84

Mine was great, slept in till almost midday one morning which I've never managed ever in a tent before. Best 70 quid I've ever spent! As said the black out is great and also the ventilation is really good too!

I don't think that Glastonbury this year really put them to the test (apart from for workers who got there before gates open, as from Thursday Morning onwards there was always enough cloud cover that even regular tents shouldn't have got too hot.

But I used one at Bearded Theory earlier this year which was pretty much clear skies / direct sunshine all weekend and 25ish during the days, and it definitely made a huge difference. I was able to stay not only in my tent but in my sleeping bag, while people around me were searching for shade.

44 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Still fairly warm some mornings, but not horribly unbearable like last year.  Worth it for the blackout alone to me.

Oof 3rd post in Stu. Slacking a bit there. Commission will be plummeting. :P

35 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Has anyone tried these in average conditions? I'm thinking about getting one that wont get used until Boomtown when it'll likely be a little cooler so would be interested to see how it fairs when it's not HOT hot if you know what I mean.

Suddenly everything goes wrong and they actually freeze your bollocks off.

No really - it's fine. Stays cool just the same.

I had a Quechua Air - no blackout but has the sames vents - it's normally not great as direct sun still heats it like an oven, but this year was perfect - with two vents open and it being fairly nippy and overcast in the mornings was able to sleep in fairly late.

We had the 3man pop-up version - and they are huge.

Vents open, there's a breeze to cool you down - we slept Wednesday noon in them.

Vents closed, they keep you warm.

But, as said before, be careful when hatching in the morning - the light is blinding after being in the dark!

(oh, and they're good on the waterproof side too).

One of the mornings was sunnyish and warm...........Friday? Anyway I was in my old quechua pop up and the brightness and warmth had me up early enough and thats me not in a sleeping bag (using it as a blanket) and not in layers of clothes. A mate of mine was in his F&B until near midday in his sleeping bag, in his clothes (2 hoodies!!), not a bother. They are seemingly pretty good. May have to fork out for one myself

Like others have said, they do work. I was able to shelter in mine during the midday heat on Wednesday this year when it was far too hot to walk anywhere. It was similar temperature to being in the shade of a large tree, which is about 20 degrees cooler than a normal tent. I found the darkness aspect great since I'm used to sleeping in a room with blackout blinds. Very useful if you're out every night till 6/7am and want some sleep when it's bright out.