quechua Fresh and black tents

Davet84

Couldn't fault it and was there from the Monday. I had a nap in the afternoon on Tuesday and then got a comfortable 5 or 6 hours on Thursday after I came off shift at 6am. I thought it was quite easy to get back in the bag too, bearing in mind I did this at 4.30am on Monday. I'll be sticking to these from now on and hope this one will see me right for a number of years.

Alright we get it, they were good :rolleyes:

Although I would like to point out that I got ample sleep in the mornings in my 8 year old tent.

But yeah, when I do eventual get round to buying a new tent (Its still got 1 more festival!*) then these will be top of my list.

*offically the 4th time I have said this now

Edited by mjsell

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Alright we get it, they were good :rolleyes:

Although I would like to point out that I got ample sleep in the mornings in my 8 year old tent.

But yeah, when I do eventual get round to buying a new tent (Its still got 1 more festival!*) then these will be top of my list.

*offically the 4th time I have said this now

I was certain that mine was good for a few more after re-waterproofing it this year.

Then it leaked.  If it can leak with the paltry amount of rain we had this year, I definitely need a new one!

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

I was certain that mine was good for a few more after re-waterproofing it this year.

Then it leaked.  If it can leak with the paltry amount of rain we had this year, I definitely need a new one!

U sure the lid was tightly on that lenor bottle ? 

Yep it was awesome, cool and dark, I've never slept so well at Glastonbury (but i did have some new Thermarest beds which probably contributed to 50% of that). Agree with the warnings about shielding your eyes when opening the tent, severely painful after a heavy one.

I had the 3 man popup and it was perfect in this year's conditions. Would be concerned in a muddy year with lack of porch, would have to be really careful removing boots into a bin liner or something.

It's now gone from white to brown due to dust + rain!

One of the best purchases I've made. I actually slept until 11/12 nearly every day, whilst my mates had to evacuate their sauna a lot earlier.

I was camped next to a path, so had lights above the tent, but the inside was pitch black on a night. I couldn't recommend them highly enough, even with the tiny 'porch'. Buy one, you won't regret it.

20 hours ago, StLewi said:

One of the best purchases I've made. I actually slept until 11/12 nearly every day, whilst my mates had to evacuate their sauna a lot earlier.

I was camped next to a path, so had lights above the tent, but the inside was pitch black on a night. I couldn't recommend them highly enough, even with the tiny 'porch'. Buy one, you won't regret it.

Have you got the air seconds 3xl one by any chance then?

was tempted to get the 4man one for the bigger porch but its far too big, probably will go with one of the 3man ones

On 07/07/2017 at 1:24 PM, Davet84 said:

Have you got the air seconds 3xl one by any chance then?

was tempted to get the 4man one for the bigger porch but its far too big, probably will go with one of the 3man ones

Just the standard 3-man pop-up.

Any tips for getting the whole thing back into its bag?

Got a normal 4 man and had to leave the outside layer out of the bag, could only fit the inner layer in?

Bear in mind I was dying on the Monday morning of glasto and really couldn't be arsed trying to get it back in. Maybe it's easier than I remember. Benicassim this week so need to do it at some point.

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, ConorC said:

Any tips for getting the whole thing back into its bag?

Having recently unpacked, cleaned, repacked 4 of these new Quetcha easy system tents, there do seem to be a few tricks:

Obviously .. watch the video  but in addition it seems to help if:

• Both doors are fully open and tied back neatly so as not to snag as you pull the inner tent through.
  • I've found detaching the front of the porch groundsheet, (two clips, one Velcro) also helps prevent snagging in this phase
  • Letting the tent fall flat to the ground after you finish pulling the inner through the outer
  • Making sure the red pull strap and yellow final binding loop are free and accessible before doing up the pairs of red and yellow clips.

Hope this helps.  Seems these new "easy system" take a bit more practice then the old "collect hoops and fold under" technique.

I went for a new tent this year, opted for both inflatable and fresh and black. This one - https://www.decathlon.co.uk/air-seconds-family-42-xl-fb-id_8384151.html

It is an amazing tent, really loved using it and so many people stopped to examine it. Good sized bedrooms, nice large living/storage area. 

When I woke up each morning I didn't know what the weather was doing outside until I opened up the zip, which is about as good a review as I can give. 

I have the 3 man pop up version which has served me well the past 2 years. I would struggle to go back to a normal tent now.

The vents work so well in keeping the tent cool, nothing worse than having a stonking hangover and having no choice but to leave your tent early in the morning because its so hot.

I have recommended these tents to everyone as I felt mine makes a huge difference to my festival experience.

44 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Just ordered a 3 man for £45. It will get it's first outing at Boomtown in a few weeks so I'll report back as to whether I'm thanking you all for your encouragement or in a hissy fit because you've all duped me. 

You won't be disappointed, I've converted most of my friends. Keep an eye out for a group with 3 fresh and blacks (3 man inflatable, 2 man inflatable and 3 man arpenaz) in oldtown camping, that'll be us!