Monday morning sunrise on the hill, Glastonbury 2017

TheDayman

Finally got around to cleaning up a photo I took of the Monday morning sunrise; thought I'd share it here in case anyone is either in the photo or would like another nice memory for 2017!

Side note: After 5 years of trying (and failing) to get tickets, I finally got to make my way to across to something I'm still finding difficult to describe to my friends. Any expectation I had was exceeded 10 fold. From the performances to the attention to detail to the sheer scale of the event; it was truly awe-inspiring.

Also big thanks to the many people of this forum for all the advice I managed to grab in the lead-up, got some priceless info here! #SpaceBlanket

It's alright isn't it :) did anyone say - welcome home.

Great pic btw, I was either just below this shot or just behind you. Was a perfect little sunrise to finish the festival off. So 2019 then? Gotta bring a newbie....

Every 1 of the last 3 years I've attended I've said I'll do this and failed! I plan it then it comes to Sunday and the thought of queuing up to get home always changes my mind. The annoying thing is I was awake for the sunrise but I was packing my shit up and heading home rather than sitting and soaking it up and reflecting on another amazing time.

It's going to be a long 2 years!!!

9 hours ago, frostypaw said:

It's alright isn't it :) did anyone say - welcome home.

Great pic btw, I was either just below this shot or just behind you. Was a perfect little sunrise to finish the festival off. So 2019 then? Gotta bring a newbie....

One thing that certainly ran true is that it's just too big to see everything in one go. 5 days and still so many places I didn't get to properly see! Looks like I'll have to go again alright :) 

4 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

We took this from the other side of the site at what looks like almost the exact same time! It's obviously nowhere near as professional as yours, but there's a nice symmetry, so I thought it was worth posting. 

IMG_6433.JPG

That's really cool, awesome symmetry! Thanks for sharing!

Professional? Lucky more like! Just took that on my phone and then photoshopped the rubbish out. Right place, right time is all really. I'll take the compliment though! :) 

2 hours ago, karl3 said:

Every 1 of the last 3 years I've attended I've said I'll do this and failed! I plan it then it comes to Sunday and the thought of queuing up to get home always changes my mind. The annoying thing is I was awake for the sunrise but I was packing my shit up and heading home rather than sitting and soaking it up and reflecting on another amazing time.

Not being able to go back for 2 years made me stay up on the Sunday night!  Some of our friends left camp at 10 and we left at 2.  We got out of the car park fields at the same time.

Moral of the story, stay up and watch the sunrise. Plenty of time to catch up on that sleep over the next 2 years!

4 hours ago, karl3 said:

Me too. The past 3 years I've had 'sunrise at stone circle' on my to do list, and each year I fail miserably. What usually happens is that I bail around 3am on the basis that by skipping a sleep, I'd be a write off the next day and I worry I'll miss out.

I have made a promise with myself that in 2 years time (touches wood) it happens!!

2 hours ago, frostypaw said:

Sunrise was only about 4.50! You're so close - just stick with it. Go have a cuppa, make your way up and chill and chat and it just happens

Could you kindly remind me of this in 720 days time? :)