What made you cry at Glasto?

mrfunk

For me it was three things.

meeting the most amazing neighbors, who gave me cake, whilst helping me with my awning, belly ache cake laughs Tuesday afternoon.

This year my mission was to get up to the stone circle, first thing, my first point of call so to speak. Put things to bed, and look out over the site thinks by about the year ahead x Well Wednesday I'm up by the stones, under the big tree, in the shade. Contiplating the festival, and chatting with strangers l, whilst starring across the site. Suddenly a transit van drives up , and a baby grand piano is unloaded. This bloke then plays the most amazing music, so ambient and moody, just so perfectly timed, tears were running down my face, thinking I'm Home again, god Glasto how I missed you X

Wednesday night, Up by ribbon tower, watching the sunset before the fireworks

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one of the most profound moments of my life at First Aid Kit.

It all hit me, that we were here, lots of my friends for the first time, at my favourite place in the world.

While incredible, beautiful music was being played by these two brilliant women.

And that there was still the best part of three blissful days of this to come.

I realised, in the moment, that there was nothing that I'd do to change what was happening. I find it's very rare that you realise how special a moment is while you're living it. I very much did, my heart soared, and while I somehow kept myself from completely breaking down, tears flowed down my face on and off for a good twenty minutes.

Some of my friends put their arms round me. I sensed we were all in a similar place. That will live with me forever.

Shortly after, walking through The Wood, two of them sincerely thanked me for near on forcing them to get tickets. I breathed out deeply in that stuttering fashion when emotion has overcome you. My dream had come true.

When Paul Carrack did The Living Years; got me thinking about my younger sister who died not too many years ago. Also whilst listening to The xx standing with my 18 year old son and his girlfriend; I'd been so looking forward to this set and being with my lad. Think I may have gone again during Karma Police as well......I so enjoyed my first Glastonbury aged 51. Someone above mentioned Kate Tempest; she would have also wasted me; it was pretty emotional watching her on the iPlayer today.

9 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Leaving. 

The tears still keep creeping up. 

Were you at Jain having a damn good dance? Only realised the other day that it could have been you we were next to.

Watching the amazing BSL interpreters doing the most fantastic job of representing Radiohead and other artists in the Deaf Zone, I only know a bit of BSL really but the care and thought that had gone into their work... I am losing my hearing and there may be a point where I become reliant on these guys and it just made me realise how hard they work to make sure the festival is accessible.

A bit of a festival  ritual; we spill a little beer for the folks that can't join us in the fields anymore 

Bit of a cliché, but Elbow, One day like this. It's one of our wedding songs and we were fairly near the front and have never heard it live before.  My Mrs had tears rolling down her face and turned to see if I was in any way emotional, to see me blubbing away! Met some great people in the crowd too, very special moment :) 

9 hours ago, Simpo said:

I had one of the most profound moments of my life at First Aid Kit.

It all hit me, that we were here, lots of my friends for the first time, at my favourite place in the world.

While incredible, beautiful music was being played by these two brilliant women.

And that there was still the best part of three blissful days of this to come.

I realised, in the moment, that there was nothing that I'd do to change what was happening. I find it's very rare that you realise how special a moment is while you're living it. I very much did, my heart soared, and while I somehow kept myself from completely breaking down, tears flowed down my face on and off for a good twenty minutes.

Some of my friends put their arms round me. I sensed we were all in a similar place. That will live with me forever.

Shortly after, walking through The Wood, two of them sincerely thanked me for near on forcing them to get tickets. I breathed out deeply in that stuttering fashion when emotion has overcome you. My dream had come true.

That's beautiful.

And just think. At that very moment, at that exact same moment, as the sun shone above us and the stars aligned, I was stood there in that hallowed field, thinking how dreary and shit they were.

Edited by russycarps

Pretenders - Brass In Pocket. Reminding me of when I was 12 and totally in love with Chrissie Hynde. 

Hamilton Leithauser singing The Brides Dad.

explaining The Brides Dad to everyone in my group who would listen. 

Fake Plastic Trees.

And that was just Friday. I think i was quite emotional. 

Edited by Robofish

19 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Bit of a cliché, but Elbow, One day like this. It's one of our wedding songs and we were fairly near the front and have never heard it live before.  My Mrs had tears rolling down her face and turned to see if I was in any way emotional, to see me blubbing away! Met some great people in the crowd too, very special moment :) 

I watched that song on iPlayer twice yesterday.  The harmonies in the crowd were amazing!

Elbow - One Day Like This. I walked down the aisle to it and it always gets me!

Foo Fighters - shed a few happy tears during Everlong. I'd waited so long to see them play the Pyramid and it was everything I wanted it to be.

My hangover on Sunday :lol:

Going back to the tent for bed on Sunday night :( I always get sad knowing that when I wake up the festival will be being dismantled, and it was even worse this year knowing that we won't be back for 2 long years.