Cut Capers (and any other new artistes)

Rumblestripe

One of my festival highlights was Thursday Avalon Cafe and Cut Capers. An absolute high energy delight with an effervescent mixture of Hip Hop, Ska and Swing! They were superbly drilled and very enthusiastic and had the whole tent bouncing a great start to my festival (and I've just bought their album from bandcamp).  I know they played three other sets on various stages and meant to catch them on Hell Stage (or was it Truth) but the late night wander daemon did for me and I never did catch up with them again. I also wanted to catch The Ska Vengers but missed 'em.

Also caught Little Mammoths in The Rabbit Hole (Oo-er) and enjoyed them. Angel Olssen was a first time for me and although she was a little under the weather by her own admission I enjoyed her set. Other new experiences were Sundara Karma (jolly good), Cabbage (good 'n' all) and Hackney Colliery Band (not for me, walked out after about three "songs")

But a huge huzzah for Cut Capers. Loved 'em to bits.

Caught a Cut Capers set in SHITV, think it would've been Friday night? Was a fun time. Then wondered off to find a very entertaining bhangra band called RSVP playing in the Avalon cafe. All in all a good night.

EDIT: Scratch that, it was Thursday

Edited by Mash011

We saw Cut Capers in the Avalon Cafe on Thursday night... it was a great start to the festival.. (i picked up the recommendation on these boards).. proper bouncing wasnt it..??!!

I also saw Ska Avengers in The Glade... probably the best Indian Ska band that i have ever seen.!

Whilst they did not hit the boisterous heights of Gentlemens Dub Club, they still looked like they were having fun.. would love to see them perform in Delhi.