2017 - The Changes

stuartbert two hats

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

Bez's Acid House was no longer Bez's. I didn't go in 2016 though so this could have happened before then.

It changed to Bez's flying bus last year, which was a shame as I thought the acid house was awesome. The flying bus area looks a bit cramped

Changes to Silver Hayes were great - we'd been discussing doing something similar in a thread around when the map came out, and it worked very well. Way less traffic. Lovebullets was also put in a place that was away from main routes, so it was easy to avoid the crowds there too. Somehow though, entry to the SE corner was busier than I'd ever encountered. Also the NYC Downlow has undergone a bit of reconstruction since 2015 - smoking area has been rotated 90 degrees. (I think. I may have been more spangled in previous years.)

3 minutes ago, cazzatron said:

The Brooklyn Lager in T&C was a welcome change - don't think the Craft Bar was there last year?

It wasn't, but the Theatre Bar had a handful of imported continental lagers, which couldn't be found anywhere else on site.

There was no WI tent - we've loved that over the last two years.  Coffee and cake and a great fun atmosphere.  Really missed them.  We were told that they had problems staffing it.

Also no Hurly Burly bus.  Another of our eating favourites.  As you can see food and in particular coffee and cake, is a very important part of our Glastonbury, in fact any, break away

The big gorilla with Lazer eyes and outstretched arms at the entrance to silver heys / pylon was missing  . I believe it spends most of the year at a motorway services down south somewhere. Also near there the coconut stall had gone, they'd have made a killing 

32 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

There was no Greenpeace boat  - there is now a treehouse with a DJ booth....was it like that in 2016? I don't think it was.

Enjoyed my Thursday night ethical raving there.

The line of food stalls have gone from Greenpeace too. The area felt smaller in general.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

There was no Greenpeace boat  - there is now a treehouse with a DJ booth....was it like that in 2016? I don't think it was.

The famous greenpeace boat is part of the green kids bit at the back, and AFAIK is still there as one of the few permanent structures on site but never been to see it mid-festival.

The front end of their field changes all the time so will vary wildly, though Cafe Tango was there for ages then there was a market bit.... did seem a bit thinner on the ground this year.

The stage had a big revamp this year in Greenpeace didn't it? Maybe I just spent more time there early days. I loved the new big tree which replaced the polar bear and the stage looked cool too. I assume both of these were just in line with the campaign theme.

2 hours ago, Fearless_Fish said:

They blocked off the cut-through between Avalon and West Holts! Seemingly to accommodate about 6 crew camping tents.

That was really irritating.

I missed the Greenpeace Farmers' Market too - although Lynda's Loaf was still there I missed the fruit and veg stall and the place selling ploughmans.

3 hours ago, justperfect said:

The big gorilla with Lazer eyes and outstretched arms at the entrance to silver heys / pylon was missing  . I believe it spends most of the year at a motorway services down south somewhere. Also near there the coconut stall had gone, they'd have made a killing 

If my memory serves me right, he was missing last year too. I waved to him on my way to the Festival this year though. He is in Solstice Park just before you get to Stonehenge travelling West.

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

The powered them with Rhino horns and pandas brains this year. 

They actually just burnt the notes they took over the counter in the Greenpeace Cafe. £7.50 for a shitty little bowl of noodles.

Edited by philipsteak