Khruangbin

russycarps

Any of you lazy gits get up for this? I thought it was bloody brill. The lead guitarist is superb and a great showman, as is the bassist, with whom I had a brief chat with and can confirm she is friendly and funny.

What a simply lovely way to start the day.

Do you think they will disappear into the ether? Or get bigger?

Was too much of a lazy shit to wake up for it. I set my alarm and was like "nooooooooo" when it went off. Probably got up like an hour after they'd finished. They're good tho, saw them last year supporting Father John Misty, and liked them a lot. I would like it if they got bigger, but I can't predict what will happen.

15 minutes ago, alpmilton said:

They were probably my favourite act of the whole festival and my second full act of the Saturday. A few friends of mine missed both the Bootleg Beatles and Khurangbin, absolute mugs.

I would like them to get bigger so they release more tracks.

They are just putting the finishing touches to a new album I was told so there will definitely be more to come. Persian influenced apparently!

I really wanted to see them but I overdone it the night before and couldn't move until about 2pm.

I also really wanted to see them last year but trudging up to the Park from Kidney Mead, with a hangover, in all of that mud at 10:30am was just not going to happen. :( 

Have just checked them out due to the lovely words in this thread. Sounding fantastic. Was up and at the Bootleg Beatles just before them but definitely would've made the effort to head over to WH if I'd have listened to them sooner. Damn. Fingers crossed they stick around!

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Have just checked them out due to the lovely words in this thread. Sounding fantastic. Was up and at the Bootleg Beatles just before them but definitely would've made the effort to head over to WH if I'd have listened to them sooner. Damn. Fingers crossed they stick around!

I left bootleg beatles just after a day in the life and made it to west holts before they came on stage. 

The lead guitarist is a bit more prominent with Khruangbin's live show, but he is absolutely tremendous and has a real cool american way about him. I love all 3 of them. I have seen them at their own show too and they did a medly bit at the end of loads of different funk and hip hop tracks and other stuff. The crowd went crazy (and this was in london!) It was wonderful. Well worth checking them out if poss!

A general question to anyone: I dont know much about guitar playing, but is the stuff he does as hard to play as it seems?

I marked them down but didn't make it up there. Did they follow anyone, because they were first on last year weren't they, so a shift up means they're getting bigger.

3 hours ago, russycarps said:

A general question to anyone: I dont know much about guitar playing, but is the stuff he does as hard to play as it seems?

Generally their guitar work is pretty standard stuff which most competent players could get their fingers around, but on tracks like People Everywhere and Two Fish it gets quite a bit trickier, but I wouldn't say virtuosic. That said, it is played very nicely indeed, and the tone is to die for!

32 minutes ago, carlosj said:

I marked them down but didn't make it up there. Did they follow anyone, because they were first on last year weren't they, so a shift up means they're getting bigger.

No they were first up again, though last year they were first on the park, and on a small stage in silver hayes, so this was a bigger slot for them. 

Hopefully the new album will be decent!

Just now, billum said:

Generally their guitar work is pretty standard stuff which most competent players could get their fingers around, but on tracks like People Everywhere and Two Fish it gets quite a bit trickier, but I wouldn't say virtuosic. That said, it is played very nicely indeed, and the tone is to die for!

cheers! he does make it look effortless. I could listen to them all day.

15 hours ago, russycarps said:

Did you get it signed?

How cool are the band though? My girlfriend is in awe of Laura Lee. 

No, I didn't as the queue was so long. From the stage they came across as super nice people though.