Ban Grime at Glastonbury

Markjensen

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Markjensen said:

Tories are always reliable when it comes to having no fear at stopping a disease to our British culture in its tracks (hence brexit) so I expect the recording and distribution of 'grime' to be banned. But until now, at Glastonbury it can no longer remain for the festivals sake

I have long advocated banning Tories from the event; they ruin the place with their corduroy trousers and their love of Coldplay.

On an unrelated note, how many times did you hear someone say 'Jezza should not do a speech at Glasto because it's not a political event'? Clearly these people have no idea about the origins of the festival and its connection to CND.

7 minutes ago, ClovenFin said:

I have long advocated banning Tories from the event; they ruin the place with their corduroy trousers and their love of Coldplay.

On an unrelated note, how many times did you hear someone say 'Jezza should not do a speech at Glasto because it's not a political event'? Clearly these people have no idea about the origins of the festival and its connection to CND.

Well that's just extremely discriminatory, and no I don't have an idea about that

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Can't imagine AQA look too fondly upon thinly-veiled racism

Where is the racism?

19 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'd love to share my feelings on this matter, but sadly I can't as I was murdered by a knife-wielding promiscuous drugged up youth during a grime artist's set. If only I'd stuck with the law abiding salt of the earth fans of every other musical genre, but alas.

Fuckin hell! You too? Thought I was the only one that got murdered this year

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

They started the first sentence with 'so', it could only improve from then on.

I marked an assignment this afternoon by a student who thinks Iceland is an imaginary country, and another one from a kid who thinks Greece and UK are in Asia, so I'm pretty happy with a sentence that starts with 'So...' TBH... :D

1 hour ago, Markjensen said:

So I attended Glastonbury for the first time this year. One thing I noticed is there seemed to be an increase in vandalism, knife crime, and general disrespect in the manner in which people spoke. I then started to notice his was happening in areas near the stages where a Grime act was 'performing'. 

Studies have also shown that the youth crime rate is increasing year by year, and that these criminals often listen to grime. What it is is an often black British man rapping about his love of drugs, violence and promiscuity. Glastonbury is no place for this to be glorified. I suggest to all parents to disallow their children to listen to this, I for one have spoken my thoughts on this to my sister who has banned her son from it, and he is as respectful and lovely as any child.

Tories are always reliable when it comes to having no fear at stopping a disease to our British culture in its tracks (hence brexit) so I expect the recording and distribution of 'grime' to be banned. But until now, at Glastonbury it can no longer remain for the festivals sake

Haha what a turbo c**t

26 minutes ago, Markjensen said:

Well that's just extremely discriminatory, and no I don't have an idea about that

Where is the racism?

1 hour ago, Markjensen said:

So I attended Glastonbury for the first time this year. One thing I noticed is there seemed to be an increase in vandalism, knife crime, and general disrespect in the manner in which people spoke. I then started to notice his was happening in areas near the stages where a Grime act was 'performing'. 

Studies have also shown that the youth crime rate is increasing year by year, and that these criminals often listen to grime. What it is is an often black British man rapping about his love of drugs, violence and promiscuity. Glastonbury is no place for this to be glorified. I suggest to all parents to disallow their children to listen to this, I for one have spoken my thoughts on this to my sister who has banned her son from it, and he is as respectful and lovely as any child.

Edited by Rylbld9

1 minute ago, Markjensen said:

@Rylbld9 sorry it's not quite politically correct enough for you but there was nothing racist at all about that comment. The most popular grime acts tend to be black, that is indisputable, when did I ever speak lowly of black people?

I know that you said nothing outright racist and are correct that most of the grime artists are black, but when you mention something like race when it's not really relevant it's going to come across as 'thinly-veiled racism' as the other user put it. Unless it is relevant to your post, in which case there was something racist about that comment.

1 minute ago, Rylbld9 said:

I know that you said nothing outright racist and are correct that most of the grime artists are black, but when you mention something like race when it's not really relevant it's going to come across as 'thinly-veiled racism' as the other user put it. Unless it is relevant to your post, in which case there was something racist about that comment.

I mentioned race because I wanted to explain what grime is to someone who may not know, and as you said, the most popular grime artists are black. With your logic saying British is also racist because that's bringing up a nationality

2 minutes ago, Markjensen said:

I mentioned race because I wanted to explain what grime is to someone who may not know, and as you said, the most popular grime artists are black. With your logic saying British is also racist because that's bringing up a nationality

Is this going as well as you had hoped?

I was rather scared when I watched Stormzy on tv.  I realised how close we were to the giant mosh at the end.......and smiled as I remembered how safe we felt jumping in that crowd.  My best friend's mum, in her 60's, recovering from a broken hip, with her crutch.  A group of people behind us all looking out for her. That was one of my highlights :) x