Ban Grime at Glastonbury

Markjensen

So I attended Glastonbury for the first time this year. One thing I noticed is there seemed to be an increase in vandalism, knife crime, and general disrespect in the manner in which people spoke. I then started to notice his was happening in areas near the stages where a Grime act was 'performing'. 

Studies have also shown that the youth crime rate is increasing year by year, and that these criminals often listen to grime. What it is is an often black British man rapping about his love of drugs, violence and promiscuity. Glastonbury is no place for this to be glorified. I suggest to all parents to disallow their children to listen to this, I for one have spoken my thoughts on this to my sister who has banned her son from it, and he is as respectful and lovely as any child.

Tories are always reliable when it comes to having no fear at stopping a disease to our British culture in its tracks (hence brexit) so I expect the recording and distribution of 'grime' to be banned. But until now, at Glastonbury it can no longer remain for the festivals sake

Edited by Markjensen

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Swine_Glasto2014 said:

Only bit of trouble I see this year was at Stormzy and walking through Silver Hayes on Friday afternoon. 

Troll maybe

Similar with me, although I saw 2 incidents around Stormzy and one at Wiley. Certainly not a coincidence

14 minutes ago, Markjensen said:

What it is is an often black British man rapping about his love of drugs, violence and promiscuity. Glastonbury is no place for this to be glorified.

To be fair, Glastonbury has always been a place for glorifying two of those three things.

15 minutes ago, Markjensen said:

So I attended Glastonbury for the first time this year. One thing I noticed is there seemed to be an increase in vandalism, knife crime, and general disrespect in the manner in which people spoke. 

There seemed to be an increase in these activities compared to previous years that you never attended to compare to. Ha ha ha. Bell-end:D

18 minutes ago, Markjensen said:

So I attended Glastonbury for the first time this year. One thing I noticed is there seemed to be an increase in vandalism, knife crime, and general disrespect in the manner in which people spoke. I then started to notice his was happening in areas near the stages where a Grime act was 'performing'. 

Studies have also shown that the youth crime rate is increasing year by year, and that these criminals often listen to grime. What it is is an often black British man rapping about his love of drugs, violence and promiscuity. Glastonbury is no place for this to be glorified. I suggest to all parents to disallow their children to listen to this, I for one have spoken my thoughts on this to my sister who has banned her son from it, and he is as respectful and lovely as any child.

Tories are always reliable when it comes to having no fear at stopping a disease to our British culture in its tracks (hence brexit) so I expect the recording and distribution of 'grime' to be banned. But until now, at Glastonbury it can no longer remain for the festivals sake

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, ‘If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.’ Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me - ’Don’t ever smoke. Please don’t put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it because your post gave me cancer anyway.

5 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

There seemed to be an increase in these activities compared to previous years that you never attended to compare to. Ha ha ha. Bell-end:D

This was when discussing with my sister who confirmed this, after me asking her if there has always been problems like this

Edited by Markjensen

1 minute ago, Markjensen said:

I'm genuinely saying my thoughts and to be frank it's rather insulting when my opinion is dismissed as being a joke. I would like to hear what people think on this matter

If you think that grime artists are impolite and disrespectful then you really aren't ready to hear my thoughts about what you and your sister can do.

31 minutes ago, Markjensen said:

So I attended Glastonbury for the first time this year. One thing I noticed is there seemed to be an increase in vandalism, knife crime, and general disrespect in the manner in which people spoke.

Obvious troll is obvious, but I'd have thought they'd have noticed their contradiction in the first sentence. If it's their first time how can they notice an increase in anything? There's nothing to compare it to.

4 minutes ago, Markjensen said:

I'm genuinely saying my thoughts and to be frank it's rather insulting when my opinion is dismissed as being a joke. I would like to hear what people think on this matter

What people think on this matter is that you're a twat

2 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

Obvious troll is obvious, but I'd have thought they'd have noticed their contradiction in the first sentence. If it's their first time how can they notice an increase in anything? There's nothing to compare it to.

Already been clarified, it was my sister who said this

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If you think that grime artists are impolite and disrespectful then you really aren't ready to hear my thoughts about what you and your sister can do.

Go on, humour me

I'd love to share my feelings on this matter, but sadly I can't as I was murdered by a knife-wielding promiscuous drugged up youth during a grime artist's set. If only I'd stuck with the law abiding salt of the earth fans of every other musical genre, but alas.