Ban Grime at Glastonbury

Markjensen

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Can't believe this embarrassment of a thread is still going

And I can't believe people are still coming out of the woodwork to agree with a post that's already been admitted to be a troll.

I wonder how many people would start agreeing if I signed up a new account and made some thinly veiled accusation that Scousers are all on the rob.

On 7/3/2017 at 9:57 PM, Markjensen said:

I'll admit it, I was trolling, when my girlfriends away with work, in a drunken 'what would me the most unpopular comment on the internet possible?' I see I have offended some, and for that I apologise. I actually enjoy grime 

Upvoted for honesty. Fair play.

Still a dick comment though ;)

On 7/4/2017 at 7:51 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Were Oasis / Stone Roses / Courteeners on?

Ah, so it's fine to accuse bands - largely listened to by white working class people - of bringing in aggy crowds. I get it... 

Like punk, grime is a pretty aggressive genre, musically. It's also very political in parts and with political statements comes anger. It's got nothing to do with colour, some people just don't feel comfortable around it because they just don't get it. It's not for everyone, is it?

I find atmospheres at grime-orientated stages a bit too hyper-macho and in your face, which is why I avoid them. Again, nothing to do with colour, just not for me.

On the same ticket, The Stone Roses at the Etihad, whilst obviously laddish (bit of chanting etc) felt entirely comfortable to me. It's just about what you're used to and into... accusing people of bring racially motivated when critisising grime is just not on.

Edited by magliad