Ban Grime at Glastonbury

Markjensen

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Must have been stabbed by some youths

As a Tory fan, he would more likely be stabbed by someone close to him.

While we're at it can we ban Cassetteboy too he was very rude to a number of very prominent politicians.

He even encouraged us to boo them and - I can't believe I'm even writing this - tell them to fuck off which is very very rude indeed.

And to think that Jeremy Corbyn even lent his mixing skills to that particular set, it's black   youth culture gone mad I tell you.

19 hours ago, Miesh said:

I was rather scared when I watched Stormzy on tv.  I realised how close we were to the giant mosh at the end.......and smiled as I remembered how safe we felt jumping in that crowd.  My best friend's mum, in her 60's, recovering from a broken hip, with her crutch.  A group of people behind us all looking out for her. That was one of my highlights :) x

I was down the front for Stormzy (on the barrier) and I'm a mum in her 50s. It was a GREAT set, loads of energy, really friendly. Over the years, I've seen Skepta, Labrinth, Wretch 32, P. Money, Dizzee, Wiley...all of the main Grime players. I've never encountered any trouble at all. Interestingly, one of the biggest "violence" problems this year's festival was at The Courteeners set (see another thread on here). You know the indie genre, mainly skinny white men with guitars.....:negative:

20 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

What about people at Glastonbury watching grime while sitting on picnic chairs? 

they're easier targets for the vandalising knife wielding disrespectful promiscuous fans of grime?

I'm guessing they'd have their chair fucked with a knife, and then the chair will be called a c**t.

:D

Sorry for keeping this going, I was going to just ignore it and I don’t normally feed trolls but it’s been annoying me all day.

I’ll gloss over the beginning, @Markjensen, where you managed to record an increase in what I assume you class as anti-social behaviour by discussing it with your sister who, out of interest, has been how many times before and obviously keeps records of this sort of thing. Did you report any of these knife wielding thugs to security so that the rest of us could sleep safely in our tents? The only knife I saw was the wooden one I got with my slice of water melon (and very refreshing that was too).

Why is 'performing' written like that with quotation marks. The implication is that you do not regard performances of grime artists to be worthy of the description. This is the same sort of patronising attitude pedalled by mostly right-wing media when they disparage any art form which they deem not worthy but feel threatened by because it might disturb the status quo; see some of the press that Tracey Emin has attracted over the years for example or the establishment reaction to any development in music.

What are the studies that have shown youth crime is increasing and that there is a relationship to grime music? Just because some nutter publishes crap in the EDL Mail or whatever garbage you’ve been reading doesn’t make it any truer than the £350m bus. The latest statistics that I could find on youth offending here show that youth crime is falling; cautions down 22%, and first time entrants down 8%. I cannot however find any study that links crime to particular genres of music; maybe thefts of pate de foie gras and caviar are greater amongst opera lovers – sadly we’ll probably never know.

Would it matter if it was a white rock artist singing about drugs? I suggest you check out White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane or Sgt Pepper – you’ll probably implode. And of course, no white non-grime artist has ever sung about sex, that would be a terrible thing to do. As for banning music, when has that ever worked? Whether it was the BBC or communist E Europe bans have only fuelled its popularity.

Could you please define British culture for me, I’d love to know how you feel about Eisteddfods and Morris dancing or is it just culture from an ethnic background different to yours that you object to. Culture in this country is only under threat from you and your ilk who hark back to a non-existent past when everything was rosy, the bloody workers knew their place, and England ruled the world.  

For your own sanity I suggest you keep well clear of blues, jazz, heavy metal, american country music, fado; in fact any sort of music other than God Save the Queen and Land of Hope and Glory.

No need to reply because I’ve had my rant, I’m feeling much better and I couldn’t give a flying fuck what you’ve got to say.

Over to @pie_and_a_pintto mark my grammar.

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

I bet people said the exact same thing when the likes of Orbital and The Prodigy were headlining in the 90s...

But they couldn't say it on internet message boards, they had to go to a village meeting to air their grievances, or have a few comment pages stuck up on the noticeboards at the local Post Office.

Probably what the world was like before I was bored; it was all dead Enid Blyton, and then I came a long and everybody got their act together and there was Game Boys and dial-up at internet cafes in town.