Ban Grime at Glastonbury

Markjensen

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see how Stormzy speaking up for the Grefnell Tower victims (including specially-written lyrics about the tragedy) and Dizzee leading a chant of "Peace" at the end of his set might encourage violence, drugs and promiscuity during the festival... What WERE the Eavis' thinking?!

2 hours ago, Markjensen said:

So I attended Glastonbury for the first time this year. One thing I noticed is there seemed to be an increase in vandalism, knife crime, and general disrespect in the manner in which people spoke. I then started to notice his was happening in areas near the stages where a Grime act was 'performing'. 

Studies have also shown that the youth crime rate is increasing year by year, and that these criminals often listen to grime. What it is is an often black British man rapping about his love of drugs, violence and promiscuity. Glastonbury is no place for this to be glorified. I suggest to all parents to disallow their children to listen to this, I for one have spoken my thoughts on this to my sister who has banned her son from it, and he is as respectful and lovely as any child.

Tories are always reliable when it comes to having no fear at stopping a disease to our British culture in its tracks (hence brexit) so I expect the recording and distribution of 'grime' to be banned. But until now, at Glastonbury it can no longer remain for the festivals sake

I'm not really sure 100% sure what grime is to be honest and I wasn't there this year but what the fuck are you talking about you lunatic?

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is this going as well as you had hoped?

Must be a right laugh 

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Dunno about anyone else but I'm FURIOUS now.

I'm shaking with rage and my keyboard's ablur with my upcoming response

29 minutes ago, Miesh said:

I was rather scared when I watched Stormzy on tv.  I realised how close we were to the giant mosh at the end.......and smiled as I remembered how safe we felt jumping in that crowd.  My best friend's mum, in her 60's, recovering from a broken hip, with her crutch.  A group of people behind us all looking out for her. That was one of my highlights :) x

And I bet yer mate's mam stabbed the lot of them, dangerous grime fan that she is.

38 minutes ago, Miesh said:

I was rather scared when I watched Stormzy on tv.  I realised how close we were to the giant mosh at the end.......and smiled as I remembered how safe we felt jumping in that crowd.  My best friend's mum, in her 60's, recovering from a broken hip, with her crutch.  A group of people behind us all looking out for her. That was one of my highlights :) x

Was she the one with the stick at Frank "who brings a fucking stick to a mosh pit" Carter?

4 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Was she the one with the stick at Frank "who brings a fucking stick to a mosh pit" Carter?

:o :D. I have no idea, I only met up with them twice.  She was certainly making the most of things though - she got around an impressive amount of the site for a first timer!