Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

20 hours ago, Radioactive said:

thanks started listenign - came across a song called faces of light, sounded v good.

think they are the sort of band you need to watch live as they have some strange undertones.

They are a solid live act (if you can see past the ridiculous LA styling ;)

Jay Buchanan kills it on lead vocals!

Albums: Great Western Vakyrie > Head down > Pressure & time > Hollow Bones

Songs (top 10)

1 Pressure and Time
2 Keep On Swinging
3 Electric Man
4 Open My Eyes
5 Wild Animal
6 All Over the Road
7 Jordan
8 Good Things
9 Until The Sun Comes
10 You Want To

2 hours ago, Will Holt said:

Anyone know whether there's somewhere nearby to buy some beer crates?

You shouldn't have trouble finding a supermarket in Leuven or Haacht. Be sure to buy cans though, glass bottles aren't allowed on the campsite.

47 minutes ago, Aech said:

I don't really like beer all that much and mostly drink cider. I know Belgium is famous for it's beer and cider isn't really big over there, will I be able to find crates of strongbow or the like in the supermarkets in Lueven?

You can probably find it in the supermarket on the main pedestrian street in Leuven. 5 minutes walk from the station. 

2 hours ago, Aech said:

I don't really like beer all that much and mostly drink cider. I know Belgium is famous for it's beer and cider isn't really big over there, will I be able to find crates of strongbow or the like in the supermarkets in Lueven?

You should try Strawberry beer, there was loads of it in Belgium when I went :D hopefully a good alternative if you do struggle to find cider

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aech said:

We found Strongbow quite easily in the supermarket in Leuven last year

21 minutes ago, Dan12345 said:

They said they were done when the full line up came out and then added another 3 bands last week ....

They responded to somebody on Twitter after posting the set times with this when asked about The Slope. I think bar any cancellations we're done. 

IMG_4270.PNG

21 minutes ago, Will Holt said:

anyone got any recommendations for getting 3 tents over from the UK? trying to sort logistics atm

Are you flying? We flew last year and put three tents in a big bag... you may need like a big gym/sports bag to get them all in, failing that I found something in my spare room a quilt came in once and that did the trick :lol: then you can just pay for one hold luggage between you and check that. We managed to get big hold-alls through as hand luggage too so had all our clothes/sleeping bag with us. 

3 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

They responded to somebody on Twitter after posting the set times with this when asked about The Slope. I think bar any cancellations we're done. 

IMG_4270.PNG

Fair enough, that answers that.

Is it normal to have hour long gaps between bands in the barn and Klubc for RW?

30 minutes ago, Dan12345 said:

Fair enough, that answers that.

Is it normal to have hour long gaps between bands in the barn and Klubc for RW?

They are located 2 minutes from each other so the music alternates between them. 

18 hours ago, strummer77 said:

Anyone done the Big Green Coaches to RW?

Thought about it, but I'd still need to get a train to the pickup point and I don't fancy sleeping on the coach through the night.  We're going the day before instead and got hive camping so we can pitch on the Wednesday night.

2 hours ago, RUMINE said:

Looking like the best option for our group too but getting to the Manchester pick up point sounds like a pain, especially since they won't tell us the timetable yet... 

Says they travel through the night to get you there Thursday morning, no idea how long that journey takes though!