Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

Hey Folks,

I too have been listening to the playlist and wonder if there's anyone specific you would recommend I listen to?

The only thing I can say is, I love music with 'real' instruments. One of my greatest finds of 2017 was Nathaniel Rateliff. Is there anyone similar to them on the 2018 lineup?

Then again, another one of my favourite bands is Biffy so I like the heavier stuff too.

Loads of bands keep coming up I view as slightly 'meh' and have so far withheld buying my ticket (for reasons other than just that). 

Cheers

• Upvote 1

On 3/14/2018 at 12:01 PM, Aech said:

I only brought 20, never seem to spend even close as much as some other people at festivals. Just go back to the campsite at some point during the day and sneak in vodka into the arena and buy soft drinks.

Hey, probably been answered lots but there's 93 pages now... How easy is it to sneak alcohol into the arena? Assume you can take whatever beer into your campsite?

32 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Hey, probably been answered lots but there's 93 pages now... How easy is it to sneak alcohol into the arena? Assume you can take whatever beer into your campsite?

Beer onto the campsite is no problem, as long as it isn’t in glass.  Into the arena is more difficult, due to security measures becoming more strict in the last few years. You’d have to hide it in your clothes and hope you won’t be searched. Only small bags are allowed and you need to show the contents. 

52 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Really easy.... i take a plastic pouch of spirits. Definitely had a can in every pocket and one in my hand behind me back a couple of years ago. I think I remember them patting you down on like 1st entry and on day one. But it doesn't take long before its pretty chill. 

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Really easy.... i take a plastic pouch of spirits. Definitely had a can in every pocket and one in my hand behind me back a couple of years ago. I think I remember them patting you down on like 1st entry and on day one. But it doesn't take long before its pretty chill. 

Well sadly it’s not that chill anymore. Majority gets searched and everyone needs to go through a metal detector. Of course it’s still possible to sneak stuff in, but I would definitely not say it’s really easy.

51 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Well sadly it’s not that chill anymore. Majority gets searched and everyone needs to go through a metal detector. Of course it’s still possible to sneak stuff in, but I would definitely not say it’s really easy.

Yeah, I got patted down every day last year. Plus all contents of pockets etc need putting in plastic bags and you go through a metal detector if memory serves 

7 hours ago, visdave34 said:

Oh, I even forgot about the plastic bags...

Yeah I actually thought that, as festival security goes, it was pretty tight. 

Although on a couple of the days, I did think that they could have checked more thoroughly, considering the extreme length of the queues.

Although I absolutely despise the term - I just had a YOLO moment and bought my ticket :)

After dropping all my plans for this year, under the 'too expensive' category, Werchter was the one I really, REALLY wanted to do. 

Looking forward to potentially seeing some of you there

Edited by thetechi
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Macy said:

Does anyone know if Rock Werchter will sell out? I haven’t bought a ticket yet. 

Probably. Every year,  bar 2016, people here regret for not buying in time. You probably have time and the organization usually post alert before it sell out but if you already decided you want to go, dont count on it and buy tickets as soon as you can. 

15 hours ago, Macy said:

Does anyone know if Rock Werchter will sell out? I haven’t bought a ticket yet. 

Yeah, it will almost certainly sell out. 

The reaction to this years lineup has been overwhelming positive, and Saturday day has already gone.

It was 21st march last year... I predict it could be similar this year, but a week later (considering when most people's paydays are).

In fact, I bought my groups tickets thinking it would sell out earlier than it did, so I could say "surprise, we can still go, now give me the money" 

But instead I'm left with "shit, I have a £900 black hole  on my credit card and can't surprise anyone yet" :lol:

Edited by thetechi

7 hours ago, Aech said:

After watching live performances, I'm now far less excited for Gorillaz and much more excited for The Killers. Even if the two new guitarists and bass players in The Killers are lacking personality Brandon Flowers does such a great job.

Brandon Flowers *is* The Killers...I saw him at Oxegen a few years ago as himself and the set was amazing...tent was half empty which baffled me...either people dont know his name or they think, na...its not The Killers , next!

19 hours ago, Aech said:

After watching live performances, I'm now far less excited for Gorillaz and much more excited for The Killers. Even if the two new guitarists and bass players in The Killers are lacking personality Brandon Flowers does such a great job.

I saw them at their festival in Margate and they were pretty meh.... might be a better atmosphere in the evening though. 

• Downvote 1