Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

4 hours ago, GerryL said:

Where do you think James Bay is gonna play?  I think he's more likely to play 4th down on Main (assuming The Script are subs for thursday) than closing a tent. Last time he played on main stage. 

from memory James bay played barn (2015) unless he played 2016 too

7 hours ago, Cammers said:

Nah, just the quarters. Would only need to finish 1st in the group and then beat Columbia :P

WC18.JPG

the creator of this is off his head - i assume it's a joke - we will never beat Belgium if they show up like they can sometimes. panama and tunisia will frustrate us and likely win.

Iceland were lucky last time - they will really struggle agaisnt a croatia tem and Nigeria are very good too.

stick to your day job :P

8 minutes ago, Radioactive said:

the creator of this is off his head - i assume it's a joke - we will never beat Belgium if they show up like they can sometimes. panama and tunisia will frustrate us and likely win.

Iceland were lucky last time - they will really struggle agaisnt a croatia tem and Nigeria are very good too.

No offence to England fans but I think the most likely outcome is either Colombia or Poland (who are both above them in the rankings) knocking them out in the first round. 

2 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

No offence to England fans but I think the most likely outcome is either Colombia or Poland (who are both above them in the rankings) knocking them out in the first round. 

how could the truth be conisdered offensive :)

i'm not getting all hyped up like we all do every 2 years and then get dicked by countrries we taught how to play hahaha.

after the Iceland monstrosity they have some proving to do.

@Gossard no offence mate

40 minutes ago, Radioactive said:

Occasionally off my head but this wasn't particularly a joke... It was just to see who both Belgium and England 'could' be playing whilst we're at RW.

Anyway, off the football and on to the music... love the new additions. It's gonna be great to be back at RW to see so many great bands and I'm going to be spending the next couple of months finding the hidden gems!

23 minutes ago, Cammers said:

Occasionally off my head but this wasn't particularly a joke... It was just to see who both Belgium and England 'could' be playing whilst we're at RW.

Anyway, off the football and on to the music... love the new additions. It's gonna be great to be back at RW to see so many great bands and I'm going to be spending the next couple of months finding the hidden gems!

sorry mate didn't mean anything by it! 

56 minutes ago, Radioactive said:

how could the truth be conisdered offensive :)

i'm not getting all hyped up like we all do every 2 years and then get dicked by countrries we taught how to play hahaha.

after the Iceland monstrosity they have some proving to do.

@Gossard no offence mate

Non taken, I agree with you that we'll probably not make it out of our group.  But the English team have some kind of a degree in disappointing it's fans, I expect no different this time

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Non taken, I agree with you that we'll probably not make it out of our group.  But the English team have some kind of a degree in disappointing it's fans, I expect no different this time

Non taken either @Radioactive. I fully get where @Gossard is coming from. As an England fan, it's much better to live your life as a pessimist so that you're never disappointed.

Same applies to predicting festival lineups actually!

• Upvote 1

Clashfinder Rock Werchter 2018

Hey Folks, I just updated my Clashfinder version assuming the smallest acts per day on the full line up poster are playing the Slope.

Nine Inch Nails in The Barn complety WRECKS the Sunday for me....

Maybe I should go to the NIN Concert in Berlin a few days before RW to save some tears :D

Hi all,

Just got tickets and flights sorted and im absolutley buzzing for this line up! its gonna be a class weekend!

However, I'm still yet to get the camping tickets sorted. We were thinking about getting the hive camping as it seems to have better facilities and is the same price as the regular camping, but we are flying out on the Thursday and we will land around 8am so i am unsure whether it will already be full by the time we get to the site being as the hive would have been open since wednesday? Is it still worth getting the hive camping or should we get the regular camping which opens on the thursday morning?

I'm new to all this so any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, SamF97 said:

Hi all,

Just got tickets and flights sorted and im absolutley buzzing for this line up! its gonna be a class weekend!

However, I'm still yet to get the camping tickets sorted. We were thinking about getting the hive camping as it seems to have better facilities and is the same price as the regular camping, but we are flying out on the Thursday and we will land around 8am so i am unsure whether it will already be full by the time we get to the site being as the hive would have been open since wednesday? Is it still worth getting the hive camping or should we get the regular camping which opens on the thursday morning?

I'm new to all this so any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks!

It was really difficult getting a space turning up later on Wednesday last year, so I couldn't say for Thursday, you might find a space once there's not 100's of others racing round looking as well though... I'd definitely recommend The Hive, I thought the facilities were great and the standard does sound quite basic in comparison. 

Depending how much you're wanting to spend you could try Hive My Space? Basically it's a section at the front of The Hive where you get a camping spot reserved.

IMG_3786.PNG

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

It was really difficult getting a space turning up later on Wednesday last year, so I couldn't say for Thursday, you might find a space once there's not 100's of others racing round looking as well though... I'd definitely recommend The Hive, I thought the facilities were great and the standard does sound quite basic in comparison. 

Depending how much you're wanting to spend you could try Hive My Space? Basically it's a section at the front of The Hive where you get a camping spot reserved.

Yeah it was my worry that it would be really busy and there wouldn't be any space. That hive my space sounds like a good option though just for peace of mind knowing that I haven't got to worry about finding a space haha

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Clashfinder Rock Werchter 2018

Hey Folks, I just updated my Clashfinder version assuming the smallest acts per day on the full line up poster are playing the Slope.

Nine Inch Nails in The Barn complety WRECKS the Sunday for me....

Maybe I should go to the NIN Concert in Berlin a few days before RW to save some tears :D

First clashfinder with no Fever Ray/NGHFB clashes, thanks

17 minutes ago, SamF97 said:

Yeah it was my worry that it would be really busy and there wouldn't be any space. That hive my space sounds like a good option though just for peace of mind knowing that I haven't got to worry about finding a space haha

Thanks 

We always arrive on Thursday (around noon last year) and never had any problems finding a spot at the Hive. They open up different parts of the campsite as population grows, just ask personnel which area you need to go to find the parts still closed / soon to be open. Will probably be further up the site, so a longer daily walk, but I don’t expect you to have any problems other than that. 

Edited by visdave34
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys, how far away are the stages from each other? Would be especially useful if you could compare to Reading festival, like in comparison to the distance between NME and Main Stage. According to that clashfinder I'm likely gonna be pretty pressed for time.

41 minutes ago, Aech said:

Hi guys, how far away are the stages from each other? Would be especially useful if you could compare to Reading festival, like in comparison to the distance between NME and Main Stage. According to that clashfinder I'm likely gonna be pretty pressed for time.

I cant compare it to Reading but I can tell you this: KluB C and the Barn are 2 minutes from each other. Casually walk from the main stage to KluB C will take you about 5 minutes if you're not stopping for beer and depending on the crowd movement. If youre in the part that is the closest to the mainstage, you might get into a bottleneck that can take you some time because there are security gates that determine the path you're going in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Do i speak for everyone on the planet (and forum) when i say why the fuck are Rae Sremmurd back ? they were piss poor last year miming and smashing bottles of champagne like they are ballers.

Smashing pineapples mate is the most gangster thing they could ever do. But watch them for a laugh? 

29 minutes ago, VolkIreland said:

Hello everyone! Been following this thread for awhile now. 3rd year in a row now and I'm VERY excited altogether. Too Bad Ireland didn't into the WC but sure look, at least we don't have to listen to "Shane Longs on Fire" all over again :rolleyes:

Shame, was hoping to see this again :lol:

IMG_3788.JPG

• Upvote 1

hi guys,

after long thinking, i decided to skip camping this year for the sake of my back, and book a hotel room.

is there a reason to book at leuven, if for half the price i can book a room near the airport+rent a car+fuel?

is there any parking issues near the festivals?

thanks

4 minutes ago, me9999 said:

hi guys,

after long thinking, i decided to skip camping this year for the sake of my back, and book a hotel room.

is there a reason to book at leuven, if for half the price i can book a room near the airport+rent a car+fuel?

is there any parking issues near the festivals?

thanks

My 10th year and my group (around 50 ppl this year) always stay at a hotel in Leuven. There are busses that go from the train station in Leuven to the festival site and back all day until the night, about 1-2 hours after last band finishes. If you're not drinking then you can drive to Brussels each night but the other option is much more convenient if you ask me...plush finding a car park close to the festival could be a little hustle every day....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

My 10th year and my group (around 50 ppl this year) always stay at a hotel in Leuven. There are busses that go from the train station in Leuven to the festival site and back all day until the night, about 1-2 hours after last band finishes. If you're not drinking then you can drive to Brussels each night but the other option is much more convenient if you ask me...plush finding a car park close to the festival could be a little hustle every day....

thanks man, i'm familiar with the leuven shuttles, i have stayed there last year.

but considering the fact that the shuttles station is half hour walking from the festivals (much like the parking areas from the maps i've seen), it's cancels the main leuven's advantage for me. (in a normal world, shuttles were one minute walk, not 30...)

anyone's with driving experience  can share his wisdom :P ?

On 10/03/2018 at 12:01 AM, VolkIreland said:

Hello everyone! Been following this thread for awhile now. 3rd year in a row now and I'm VERY excited altogether. Too Bad Ireland didn't into the WC but sure look, at least we don't have to listen to "Shane Longs on Fire" all over again :rolleyes:

... Will Grigg's on fire?