Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

Just now, danegg said:

Haven’t heard of most of these. Recommendations, people?!

Depends what you like as there's a fair variety.  Best one for me on that list is Rival Sons.  If you like good bluesy riffy rock like Black Crowes, Temperance Movement, you'll love them.  

• Upvote 1

Franz Ferdinand are the stand out for me - not overly fussed about anyone else there though although that's just personal preference as I can see that Rival Sons, CHVRCHES, The Amazons, Tom Grennan & Pale Waves are all quite popular mid/smaller names so I can appreciate that it is a good announcement

Edited by RUMINE
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, danegg said:

Haven’t heard of most of these. Recommendations, people?!

What do you like? If you like bluesy rock then Rival Sons, if you like punk (not hardcore punk) then Idles, Franz Ferdinand are always fun live, Steven Wilson is also great proggy rock. Sigrid is really good pop too

Very surprised that Steven Wilson is playing - he doesn't play a lot of festivals (and then usually prog fests). Quite a coup for Werchter. I'm doing MadCool, but both this and NOS Alive looking incredibly strong this year.  A shame no UK fests come close to these kind of line-ups.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Very surprised that Steven Wilson is playing - he doesn't play a lot of festivals (and then usually prog fests). Quite a coup for Werchter. I'm doing MadCool, but both this and NOS Alive looking incredibly strong this year.  A shame no UK fests come close to these kind of line-ups.

I was thinking that earlier.  The European festivals seem to put some thought into their line ups whereas UK ones seen to fill their line ups with the usual suspects on a 2 or 3 year cycle and all the current chart shit and expect everyone to come along.  Don't think they realise just how easy it is to travel abroad these days.  Reading this year is utterly dire

3 minutes ago, kris0624 said:

Very chuffed with this announcement. Chvrches, Franz, Steven Wilson, Pale Waves, The Struts, The Amazons, Sigrid, First Aid Kit, Walking on Cars, Rival Sons all added to the list of acts to see for me. 

Is that a Clinton Dix jersey?! Go Pack go!

Edited by DHG123
  • Like 1

Nice additions all around!!

So, do we already got Slope names yet for sure? I wish they gave us some information about the Slope, like is it a full time stage, how many artists each day assuming those small names dont have a back catalog for a 1-hour slots, etc.

16 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Nice additions all around!!

So, do we already got Slope names yet for sure? I wish they gave us some information about the Slope, like is it a full time stage, how many artists each day assuming those small names dont have a back catalog for a 1-hour slots, etc.

Looking at the website's line up pages..

Thursday: Keir, Sevn Alias, Tom Grennan
Sunday: The Amazons, Equal Idiots, IDLES, Pale Waves

Just speculation though.

Line up so far based on the website:
Updated the clashfinder aswell: https:///s/rw2018
Gorillaz - Queens Of The Stone Age
The Script - James Bay - Marshmello
Alice In Chains - Anne-Marie - At The Drive-In - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Kali Uchis - Steven Wilson - Rival Sons - Triggerfinger - The Vaccines - Vince Staples
Keir - Sevn Alias - Tom Grennan

The Killers - London Grammar
Snow Patrol - Ben Howard - Franz Ferdinand
Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals - Russ
Angus & Julia Stone - Arsenal - CHVRCHES - Dermot Kennedy - First Aid Kit
IAMDDB - The Kooks
Tom Walker - Walking On Cars - The White Buffalo

Pearl Jam - Jack White
Jack Johnson - Fleet Foxes - Khalid
Angèle - blackwave. - Dotan - JP Cooper - MGMT - Petit Biscuit
Stereophonics - Stone Sour - The Struts
Susanne Sundfor

Arctic Monkeys - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Nine Inch Nails - EELS
David Byrne - Fever Ray - George Ezra - Kaleo - NAO - PVRIS
Roméo Elvis + Le Motel - Rone - Sigrid
The Amazons - Equal Idiots - IDLES - Pale Waves
  • Like 1

Having "spied" on this forum for quite a while now, I had to make an account to be able to join the discussions :)

I'm guessing that the new stage at The Slope will be similar to the Europe Stage or Light Stage at Sziget Festival, if anyone have attended there. More up and coming talents with very low streaming numbers, or maybe winners of Belgium telent competitions etc. I don't think any of the already announced names will be on that stage, but if it's the case, it could be great as that means that the level of the acts which be much higher than anticipated.

With this announcement there aren't many names left on the main stages. Maybe one more batch? According to my notes and compared to last year,  there are 9 names left to announce excluding The Slope (could differ a bit depending on headliners set times, but should be quite accurate). Thursday I think is fully booked, while there are some slots left on the other days. 

Looking forward to seeing the last names, but Biffy Clyro is the one I'm really missing.. I'm also dreaming of Weezer, but I've done so for several years now, so I've given up on that one :)

12 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

Having "spied" on this forum for quite a while now, I had to make an account to be able to join the discussions :)

I'm guessing that the new stage at The Slope will be similar to the Europe Stage or Light Stage at Sziget Festival, if anyone have attended there. More up and coming talents with very low streaming numbers, or maybe winners of Belgium telent competitions etc. I don't think any of the already announced names will be on that stage, but if it's the case, it could be great as that means that the level of the acts which be much higher than anticipated.

With this announcement there aren't many names left on the main stages. Maybe one more batch? According to my notes and compared to last year,  there are 9 names left to announce excluding The Slope (could differ a bit depending on headliners set times, but should be quite accurate). Thursday I think is fully booked, while there are some slots left on the other days. 

On the contrary, I think we already have about 8-12 Slope names. 

• Like 1