Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

12 minutes ago, reaper said:

they did, was in the belgian newspapers a while ago,

link https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20171207_03230664

I dont know Belgian media but Im also not saying they're wrong. I just look at other international festivals dates and they're just on the same weekend (related to RW) as they were before. Mad Cool, BBK, Nos Alive, Roskilde, Opener, Benicassim, Super Bock Super Rock, Tinderbox etc. 

14 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I dont know Belgian media but Im also not saying they're wrong. I just look at other international festivals dates and they're just on the same weekend (related to RW) as they were before. Mad Cool, BBK, Nos Alive, Roskilde, Opener, Benicassim, Super Bock Super Rock, Tinderbox etc. 

ofcourse they could be wrong. i dont know :)

press can be wrong too :) just as i could be wrong

maybe the change to the new weekend for this year was planned, maybe not

all i know is i am happy he is not at werchter and we already have a killer line up :)

Edited by reaper
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

Justice played as a main stage dance act after the headliner in 2012.....

If RW has a solid argument on Main Stage, and given the fact that The Barn is bigger (and maybe they prefer playing in a tent, like at Mad Cool), it doesn't rule them out ! (Probably The Barn instead of Klub C by the way)

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

In normal circumstances the RW Sunday is the first Sunday of July (if I remember for about the last 20 years).

In 2015 it was a week earlier because of headliner availability.
(read: because of Foo Fighters. Funny because they had to cancel in the end)

In 2018 it is a week later because of Ed Sheeran.

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

Hopefully there's a self confirmation in the Morning so we know there's definitely an announcement tomorrow, the fact they didn't announce anyone last week has me worried! 

I'm a bit scared that we won't get an announcement, or at least a new poster. Still hoping though :D

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Aech said:

Is there much chance of Rise Against and/or The Offspring playing? Also saw Biffy got announced for Tinderbox I'm praying they get announced tomorrow seeing them would make my festival.

I think someone said The Offspring were ruled out. 

7 minutes ago, Bazac450 said:

Kasabian, Run The Jewels, Slotface, Gang Of Youths? 

Gang Of Youths are one of these golden Australian talents that European festivals are going to discover this year (a bit like Tash Sultana last year). They can potentially become really big in the next years. It would be a great add. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Rise Against is playing Graspop.

The Offspring is playing Rock Zottegem.

So both ruled out!

Band called Dead Cross are playing both Graspop and Dour and are fairly high up? Don’t have their logo on the poster but still above Black Stone Cherry etc

Edited by DHG123

1 minute ago, Tremousse said:

Gang Of Youths are one of these golden Australian talents that European festivals are going to discover this year (a bit like Tash Sultana last year). They can potentially become really big in the next years. It would be a great add. 

I always get really excited for half a second when I read about them. Then I'm realizing I'm mistaking them for Gang Of Four :D 

1 minute ago, DHG123 said:

Band called Dead Cross are playing both Graspop and Dour and are fairly high up? Don’t have their logo on the poster but still above Black Stone Cherry, Shinedown etc

Believe me both ruled out. The Offspring is thé headliner for Rock Zottegem and Rise Against are not playing the 2 biggest fests in the same country only 1 or 2 weeks apart that would be an overkill. Played RW 2010, 2012 and 2015. Also played Pukkelpop and Groezrock in 2017 and 2013. They're here almost every festival summer, if now multiple festivals book them... Won't happen!

3 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Believe me both ruled out. The Offspring is thé headliner for Rock Zottegem and Rise Against are not playing the 2 biggest fests in the same country only 1 or 2 weeks apart that would be an overkill. Played RW 2010, 2012 and 2015. Also played Pukkelpop and Groezrock in 2017 and 2013. They're here almost every festival summer, if now multiple festivals book them... Won't happen!

Haha fair enough!

14 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Seeing as they are booked for Pinkpop and Mad Cool the weekend of RW seems to be free for them, they have had a stellar year here in Australia so would be great to see them at RW

23 minutes ago, DHG123 said:

Band called Dead Cross are playing both Graspop and Dour and are fairly high up? Don’t have their logo on the poster but still above Black Stone Cherry etc

Dead Cross is a supergroup with Mike Patton and Dave Lombardo.....!

45 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

I always get really excited for half a second when I read about them. Then I'm realizing I'm mistaking them for Gang Of Four :D 

Ahaha Gang of Four is great as well!