Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

1 minute ago, Jazebel said:

Both Main Stage and The Barn got their three last acts.

Killers - London Grammar - Snow Patrol
Anderson .Paak - Ben Howard - A&J Stone

I agree that London Grammar will probably be subbing for The Killers, but theres still hope for a "party closer" after the Killers. The Prodigy is a great shout. Maybe Justice?

Would actually go a bit further downtown. The little Carrefour express at the station is crowded during the festival.

Leuven is always a nice place to go until the festival starts each day. Nice little town with very good food.
I've always stayed in a hotel in Leuven but the prices got worse and worse. I'm doing Mad Cool instead this year.

We were looking at the hotel packages they offer but just went for the Hive tipi's after working out the logistics of it. As long as we can get beer/drinks to the site easy enough then I'm happy. I do want to do a few days after recovering in one of the nearby towns/cities though.

There's a supermarket called 'match' which is about 5 minutes from the leuven train station. https://goo.gl/maps/CTSAWSYF31s.

Booze is normally quite cheap and then you can use the shuttle bus to take it back to the camp site.

They used to turn a selective blind eye to taking booze into the festival itself but I think they have stopped this all together now.

Also. I've got a hotel booked for 6 days with 1 day before the festival and 1 day after. Always feel the need to stay a little longer as there's a few areas of Leuven I want to explorer without the festival being on. Plus now I'm on the wrong side of 30 traveling + festival all within 4 days takes it toll.

Edited by santowhir

2 minutes ago, santowhir said:

There's a supermarket called 'match' which is about 5 minutes from the leuven train station. https://goo.gl/maps/CTSAWSYF31s.

Booze is normally quite cheap and then you can use the shuttle bus to take it back to the camp site.

They used to turn a selective blind eye to taking booze into the festival itself but I think they have stopped this all together now.

Long live Match. Without a doubt the way to go!

2 minutes ago, santowhir said:

I think I use it more for food now rather than the drink. Got to sneak some fruit in my diet without my mates noticing.

There was a point last year when I was eating a tin of canned fruit with a broken pair of sunglasses instead of a spoon. A genuine existential moment

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, santowhir said:

The supermarket sounds decent, gotta love cheap european beer

By "the festival itself" do you mean the arena or campsite? if it's the campsite i'm going to have to get creative with spirits :lol:

The arena doesn't allow you to bring alcohol in, I have gotten away with it in the past but when they increased the security there was no chance. 

Not a problem in the campsite when I have camped but don't hold me to it.

There's some information on what you are not allowed to bring into the campsite: https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practical/camping. There's some things on there (such as glass/tapping equipment) but nothing specific saying you cannot bring alcohol in.

4 minutes ago, santowhir said:

The arena doesn't allow you to bring alcohol in, I have gotten away with it in the past but when they increased the security there was no chance. 

Not a problem in the campsite when I have camped but don't hold me to it.

There's some information on what you are not allowed to bring into the campsite: https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practical/camping. There's some things on there (such as glass/tapping equipment) but nothing specific saying you cannot bring alcohol in.

Yeah had a look at the link, expected it to be like most normal festivals to be fair. I'm going to miss the luxury of being able to carry your own at Glasto, nothing like your last warm Strongbow Dark Fruit on Saturday morning before you have to hit the fiver a drink bars.

13 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

Do you think we'll get a fair few acts and an actual poster with day splits on Friday?

Unlikely, normally we don't get day splits until all / most the acts have been announced and Werchter don;'t often bulk announce names. I think they'll keep teasing with weekly Friday announcements for a little while yet

3 hours ago, McCallion said:

Unlikely, normally we don't get day splits until all / most the acts have been announced and Werchter don;'t often bulk announce names. I think they'll keep teasing with weekly Friday announcements for a little while yet

I think you're confusing day splits with stage splits/set times because day splits are actually announced with every new announcement :) I think @Chaarlie is asking about that Facebook banner with all of the announced acts so far.

10 hours ago, Kadu said:

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead have a date at UK in 12 jul.

Do you think that is a Rock Werchter band or don't match with the festival?

I would imagine At the drive in fans would also listen to Trail of dead...and they did play RW in 2005 ...

p.s. This would make my festival

• Like 1