Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

Rolling Stones just announce Summer dates. Nothing in Belgium yet, assume if they announced something it wouldn't be RW. But we can dream! Haha!

May 17 - Croke Park, Dublin*
May 22 - London Stadium
Jun 05 - Old Trafford, Manchester
Jun 09 - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
Jun 15 - Principality Stadium, Cardiff
Jun 19 - Twickenham Stadium
Jun 22 - Olympiastadion, Berlin
Jun 26 - Orange Velodrome, Marseille
Jun 30 - Mercedes-Benz Arena, Stuttgart
Jul 04 - Letnany Airport, Prague
Jul 08 - PGE Narodowy Stadium, Warsaw.

3 hours ago, Bury420 said:

The Leuven shuttle is not 40 minutes away. 2017 it was a longer walk than in the years before but it was about 2 km and it took about 20-25 minutes to walk (that's what it's gonna be like in the future as well). The years before the drop was 1,5 km away which was a 15 min walk.

Have attached some google maps shots. the 1,5 km is the old way, the 2 km is the new one.

2016.jpg

2017.jpg

OK, maybe 40 minutes was too much, but I won't go any second under 30 minutes with the estimation. And I was always walking at a medium pace, at least

2 hours ago, McCallion said:

Rolling Stones just announce Summer dates. Nothing in Belgium yet, assume if they announced something it wouldn't be RW. But we can dream! Haha!

May 17 - Croke Park, Dublin*
May 22 - London Stadium
Jun 05 - Old Trafford, Manchester
Jun 09 - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
Jun 15 - Principality Stadium, Cardiff
Jun 19 - Twickenham Stadium
Jun 22 - Olympiastadion, Berlin
Jun 26 - Orange Velodrome, Marseille
Jun 30 - Mercedes-Benz Arena, Stuttgart
Jul 04 - Letnany Airport, Prague
Jul 08 - PGE Narodowy Stadium, Warsaw.

Mystery set? I wish

22 hours ago, Jimmerz95 said:

I made the loner chat last year and it went really well :D a lot of us still keep in touch on Whatsapp nearly everyday. I'm unsure whether I will make another thread this year as I'm going into the Hive Resort this year. But never say never... Anyone else can do it too nearer the time, it was super easy :D

will be a first timer in RW this year, interested in joining! any links would be appreciated (:

Nobody find it strange that they didn't announce any name last week, this considering the time they've taken to announce headliners? This would be, imo, a very bad strategy if they don't have a big surprise coming. RW is an old lady... I don't think it's over. The Killers or Am can have a coheadliner. 

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Nobody find it strange that they didn't announce any name last week, this considering the time they've taken to announce headliners? This would be, imo, a very bad strategy if they don't have a big surprise coming. RW is an old lady... I don't think it's over. The Killers or Am can have a coheadliner. 

I think to have an act in between Arctic Monkeys & Nick Cave is optimistic seen as though he's headlining pretty much every other festival he's playing at. I'm still optimistic for someone before / after The Killers though, I agree last weeks absence was bizarre 

14 hours ago, jmdelblinky said:

I had the hotel/ticket package in 2013 and there was one shuttle each day, leaving from Brussels about 1 hour before first concert and departing the festival area 20 minutes after the last concert ends. The shuttle will pick you from the front of your hotel and drop you very conveniently, about 5 minutes from the festival entrance. In 2013 there was a different entrance for those who had the hotel/ticket package, which, if is still like this in 2018, will help you avoid the long queue. If you stay at a hotel in Leuven, the shuttle will drop you very far from the festival area, about 40 minutes walk. I did all these 3 options in last years, Brussels hotel package, camping in Hive and booked a hotel in Leuven. Now with the Hive Resort, this would be my choice when I return to Werchter

Thank you very much, It's really useful!

The new bus stop is btw worse connected than the old one. They also have the kiss&ride stop there so cars queue up. Also the transit time to Leuven station was a bit longer than previously.
On the other hand: I am quite sure the residents are very happy that they can leave their houses during the festival now and are not fenced in anymore.

Summed up: it is less convenient than it was before but it is still ok.