Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

Can someone list bands that could be missing from the lineup? I think this year is looking awesome but are we only expecting smaller bands to fill the gaps now though? Do you guys think there are going to be hideous clashes between Pearl Jam/Stereophonics and Arctic Monkeys/Nine Inch Nails? :)  

1 hour ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Can someone list bands that could be missing from the lineup? I think this year is looking awesome but are we only expecting smaller bands to fill the gaps now though? Do you guys think there are going to be hideous clashes between Pearl Jam/Stereophonics and Arctic Monkeys/Nine Inch Nails? :)  

I'd be going for Pearl Jam and Nine Inch Nails if that happened for sure.

7 minutes ago, voyager2406 said:

I'd be going for Pearl Jam and Nine Inch Nails if that happened for sure.

I really like all four.... Probably go PJ/AM as they will be definitely be mainstage......it was really hard to get into the tents at times on Sat/Sun. Wanted to see Rag N' Bone man and was 30 mins early, but the turnstiles were closed. 

1 hour ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

I really like all four.... Probably go PJ/AM as they will be definitely be mainstage......it was really hard to get into the tents at times on Sat/Sun. Wanted to see Rag N' Bone man and was 30 mins early, but the turnstiles were closed. 

Yeah, it'll be really interesting to see just how much bigger they have made The Barn this year, as I know this happened several times.

Hi all,

I am currently undertaking a Masters in Business Strategic Management and in order to complete this qualification, I am writing a dissertation with the title of:

The collection and use of data in music industry marketing for the European audience: a comparative study between the UK and Germany.

In order to assist me with this, I am hoping you are able to spend a couple of minutes completing the questionnaire below and would be really grateful for your time and opinion in order to help me with my studies.

I must stress that your participation in these groups and your contributions will remain entirely anonymous and the data I collect will be only used for the purposes of my dissertation.

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards
Paul
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, artbrut_architecture said:
Hi all,

I am currently undertaking a Masters in Business Strategic Management and in order to complete this qualification, I am writing a dissertation with the title of:

The collection and use of data in music industry marketing for the European audience: a comparative study between the UK and Germany.

In order to assist me with this, I am hoping you are able to spend a couple of minutes completing the questionnaire below and would be really grateful for your time and opinion in order to help me with my studies.

I must stress that your participation in these groups and your contributions will remain entirely anonymous and the data I collect will be only used for the purposes of my dissertation.

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards
Paul

Done

5 hours ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

I'll be a first timer at RW this year, so am curious when you mentioned turnstiles..? How does this work? and do RW tend to be quite good at sticking to the schedule or do things get cancelled and moved around lots (as I know this has been a problem at other festivals)? Cheers!

7 hours ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Off the top of my head: Tame Impala, Childish Gambino, Glass Animals, Kasabian, Biffy Clyro, Wolf Alice, Two Door Cinema Club, Nothing but Thieves (wouldn't be surprised as there were a few back to back last time), Catfish and the Bottlemen and Slaves are all around at the time and could be a possibilities.

Also people have suggested Florence and the XX as possible co headliners with The Killers but i reckon they'll just headline outright to London Grammar or someone unannounced .

Edited by frontsidecab

2 hours ago, Jorja said:

I'll be a first timer at RW this year, so am curious when you mentioned turnstiles..? How does this work? and do RW tend to be quite good at sticking to the schedule or do things get cancelled and moved around lots (as I know this has been a problem at other festivals)? Cheers!

Its just that in my opinion Sat/Sun seem a difficult type of busy as its the weekend. Struggle to move about.... but as someone mentioned the barn capacity is being upgraded. 

2 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Off the top of my head: Tame Impala, Childish Gambino, Glass Animals, Kasabian, Biffy Clyro, Wolf Alice, Two Door Cinema Club, Nothing but Thieves (wouldn't be surprised as there were a few back to back last time), Catfish and the Bottlemen and Slaves are all around at the time and could be a possibilities.

Also people have suggested Florence and the XX as possible co headliners with The Killers but i reckon they'll just headline outright to London Grammar or someone unannounced .

Ah sweet thanks for the heads up.... would love pretty much all of the above...... am I right in thinking prodigy are out and justice are potentials? IMO I think that killers will close Friday.... dance closer in Klub C?!?.... 

Hey guys!

I don't know if I should introduce myself first but here I am... It will be my first time at a festival and I'll be alone so I'm already looking for people to go with. I feel like I'm begging people to be my friend but it's not funny to be on your own in such a big festival :/  Btw, I'm just going on July 8th. 

17 minutes ago, Morgane92 said:

Hey guys!

I don't know if I should introduce myself first but here I am... It will be my first time at a festival and I'll be alone so I'm already looking for people to go with. I feel like I'm begging people to be my friend but it's not funny to be on your own in such a big festival :/  Btw, I'm just going on July 8th. 

Last year there was a loner chat for people who went alone on the forum, idk if that's gonna return but I think they all had a blast. Also going around on your own can be quite peaceful sometimes. I feel like you're never really alone when watching artists/bands because you're always surrounded by likeminded people so idk. Anyone of the people that went last year from the loner chat is also going this year? :) 

1 hour ago, Morgane92 said:

Hey guys!

1 hour ago, arcuse said:

Last year there was a loner chat for people who went alone on the forum, idk if that's gonna return but I think they all had a blast. Also going around on your own can be quite peaceful sometimes. I feel like you're never really alone when watching artists/bands because you're always surrounded by likeminded people so idk. Anyone of the people that went last year from the loner chat is also going this year? :) 

I made the loner chat last year and it went really well :D a lot of us still keep in touch on Whatsapp nearly everyday. I'm unsure whether I will make another thread this year as I'm going into the Hive Resort this year. But never say never... Anyone else can do it too nearer the time, it was super easy :D

2 hours ago, Morgane92 said:

Hey guys!

I normally do Glastonbury with a big group (15-20 people) but my first year at RW is just me and my best mate in Hive and I'm looking forward to not having to plan so much and going with the vibe lol

8 hours ago, VIrgile2b said:

I'm planning to buy the Brussels airport hotel/Ticket package this year, but I just can't find any information about the shuttle between hotel and festival....Does anyone tried this option already, and has a few tips?

Thanks

There is none. After the concerts end you'd be stuck  on the street or Leuven train station waiting for a morning train/bus to Brussels. Unless there are some packages offered by hotels in Brussels but until last year no one has found such an offer. Go with Leuven hotel (if there are any rooms left) or The Rive Resort if you're willing to spend a lot of money for bed & shower :)

9 hours ago, VIrgile2b said:

I'm planning to buy the Brussels airport hotel/Ticket package this year, but I just can't find any information about the shuttle between hotel and festival....Does anyone tried this option already, and has a few tips?

Thanks

I had the hotel/ticket package in 2013 and there was one shuttle each day, leaving from Brussels about 1 hour before first concert and departing the festival area 20 minutes after the last concert ends. The shuttle will pick you from the front of your hotel and drop you very conveniently, about 5 minutes from the festival entrance. In 2013 there was a different entrance for those who had the hotel/ticket package, which, if is still like this in 2018, will help you avoid the long queue. If you stay at a hotel in Leuven, the shuttle will drop you very far from the festival area, about 40 minutes walk. I did all these 3 options in last years, Brussels hotel package, camping in Hive and booked a hotel in Leuven. Now with the Hive Resort, this would be my choice when I return to Werchter

The Leuven shuttle is not 40 minutes away. 2017 it was a longer walk than in the years before but it was about 2 km and it took about 20-25 minutes to walk (that's what it's gonna be like in the future as well). The years before the drop was 1,5 km away which was a 15 min walk.

Have attached some google maps shots. the 1,5 km is the old way, the 2 km is the new one.

2016.jpg

2017.jpg

Edited by Bury420
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, konnos92 said:

Hello everyone, does anyone know how much time are Stereophonics supposed to play this year? I really love this band and want to see them but do you think they will play a big set?
Thanks!

Max 1hour imo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, konnos92 said:

Hello everyone, does anyone know how much time are Stereophonics supposed to play this year? I really love this band and want to see them but do you think they will play a big set?
Thanks!

Looking at last years set list times for similar sized bands, I reckon they will probably play an hour long set :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bury420 said:

The Leuven shuttle is not 40 minutes away. 2017 it was a longer walk than in the years before but it was about 2 km and it took about 20-25 minutes to walk (that's what it's gonna be like in the future as well). The years before the drop was 1,5 km away which was a 15 min walk.

Have attached some google maps shots. the 1,5 km is the old way, the 2 km is the new one.

It looks like you just did exactly the same as me. :D

It can feel a lot longer after some days.