Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

On 21/02/2018 at 10:23 PM, thetechi said:

I personally think it's highly unlikely. To into his tour schedule, I would have expected him to have at least one other festival announced. He isn't doing a single festival this year (so far announced) - not even any in the UK. 

Seems unlikely, especially after it will be less than a week since he comes back from a huge US tour. 

Don't want to be seen as a pessimist, and am still very much hoping, but it would seem too good to be true.

But Frank is Mr 181 shows per year, would he take the risk to ruin his statistics ? x)

2 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Ghent had a pretty wild nightlife .   It's studenty and had a strip ... Was carnage.

You're brave doing something after the festival couldn't handle that myself !!!

To be fair, we usually plan it so that Amsterdam is after RW. 

Gives us a couple of days to wind down and debrief about our favourite moments :)

11 minutes ago, Bazac450 said:

If there is no announcement today it would be highly discouraging after last weeks all Belgian announcement. Grinding to a halt almost, I hope not 

There's been no self confirmations again, starting to think there isn't one... agree though I was expecting a decent batch of names following the Belgian announcement last week, but I guess we did get The Killers!

Edited by alexlloyd

1 minute ago, McCallion said:

On the subject of Belgian bands, I've been listening to a lot of blackwave. this week. So good!

I'm really enjoying Arsenal

... The band,  not the football team. Couldn't ever enjoy them

Edited by Jimmerz95

24 minutes ago, Bazac450 said:

Oh I know! And I don’t mean any disrespect but coming from

Australia we don’t hear much of them 

I hadn't heard of any of the Belgian bands announced (I'm from South Africa)

I'm enjoying Equal Idiots so far.

I'm hoping that Intergalactic Lovers & Lucky Fonz III get added, they are both great live.

3 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

Any reason to hold back an announcement? Feel quite let down, hopefully some big names next week to make up for it? Or full lineup poster?

It feels like announcements have been more frequent this year. I wouldn't be suprised if they were holding off for a big announcement next week than 2 average ones.

6 minutes ago, august1 said:

It feels like announcements have been more frequent this year. I wouldn't be suprised if they were holding off for a big announcement next week than 2 average ones.

Makes sense, especially with R+L (seemingly randomly) dropping a half decent announcement at noon - Plus it had a fair bit of overlap with the current RW lineup (Vaccines & Kooks) so maybe some of the other new R+L names like Slaves or Don Broco were also planned to be announced today but are being held off for next week to make the announcement look more unique

Edited by RUMINE
  • Upvote 1

looking at pinkpop and guessing we will see some names at rw - sigrid, jess glyne, years and years, - woud all seem cop outs imo. We already have enough of this genre.

Editors are making me feel they could be Friday closer?

NG would be good- nothing but thieves were incredible last year so they won't do two years in a row i expect.

Alan Walker is at victorious so don't mind him not being announced but from what i've heard of him he's good.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Radioactive said:

looking at pinkpop and guessing we will see some names at rw - sigrid, jess glyne, years and years, - woud all seem cop outs imo. We already have enough of this genre.

Editors are making me feel they could be Friday closer?

NG would be good- nothing but thieves were incredible last year so they won't do two years in a row i expect.

Alan Walker is at victorious so don't mind him not being announced but from what i've heard of him he's good.

Years and Years are doing Werchter Boutique and Editors TW Classic.....both ruled out.

• Upvote 1